It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unavoidable end of the Current Economic Paradigm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is probably the best and simplest explanation of the current economic situation the world finds itself in and why the eventual total collapse of the current economic paradigm is completely unavoidable. And best of all, its animated.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So true. Every empire, monarchy, monopoly, or system of trade eventually.changes and becomes something else. Nature is constantly making changes to provide balance. Everything constantly evolves and adapts. Im a firm believe that we.can never fully reinstate any system that previously worked and expect the same results as the variables of existance have changed and adapted beyond the scope of previously accepted norms. For example if. Stopped using technology and consuming resources planet wide tomorrow the planet would never return to the state it was previously in. Not that it wouldn't heal but its changed far too much to produce the previous results.

All things must end. All things must change.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a great explanation. Really made it easy to understand.

so.....

what do we do now

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
So true. Every empire, monarchy, monopoly, or system of trade eventually.changes and becomes something else. Nature is constantly making changes to provide balance. Everything constantly evolves and adapts. Im a firm believe that we.can never fully reinstate any system that previously worked and expect the same results as the variables of existance have changed and adapted beyond the scope of previously accepted norms. For example if. Stopped using technology and consuming resources planet wide tomorrow the planet would never return to the state it was previously in. Not that it wouldn't heal but its changed far too much to produce the previous results.

All things must end. All things must change.

Ok so if i cut my arm I should actively encourage the blood to pour out because it's impossible for my arm to ever heal or get better and the only fate for me is to maybe become an undead thing?

Sorry, you're stretching it beyond the point of reasonable exchange. It's meaningless.

There's a difference between bringing the dinosaurs back to life and keeping a river healthy so that its current inhabitants can enjoy a fruitful life. If I dump a couple dozen tons of toxic sludge into the river I better hope that my only excuse isn't something like "Everything is in a constant state of change; this river cannot return to its previous state. So I suggest you get used to it."

The truth is a mix of change and conservation. It's never either/or. This means that we actively adapt and change while conserving past accomplishments and functions.

If what you want is constant change, throw yourself into a fire and see what happens.
edit on 9-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Yep, money has doomed us all. If you take a step and look at our situation it is quite humorous. Little pieces of paper have such extreme power. Everyone borrows from everyone and create this big tangled web of debt where huge chunks of assets just seem to disappear into obscurity. Whole economies are based on debt. The amount of real assets tied up in debt is the real problem imo. It's just an ever-growing sphere of debt with ever-increasing interest. If we could "untangle the debt web" a little bit I think it would solve a lot of problems. But instead of saving and paying off debt, irrational humans think simply borrowing more money will fix the problem but it only continues to make it worse.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yep, money has doomed us all. If you take a step and look at our situation it is quite humorous. Little pieces of paper have such extreme power. Everyone borrows from everyone and create this big tangled web of debt where huge chunks of assets just seem to disappear into obscurity. Whole economies are based on debt. The amount of real assets tied up in debt is the real problem imo. It's just an ever-growing sphere of debt with ever-increasing interest. If we could "untangle the debt web" a little bit I think it would solve a lot of problems. But instead of saving and paying off debt, irrational humans think simply borrowing more money will fix the problem but it only continues to make it worse.

Money is not the cause of this. Conservation of energy is. You can burn all the money in the world and make us all live collectively, but you cannot remove conservation of energy from the universe.

The closest thing to an answer is to find a way to live that gives us a large surplus. But even that will eventually wear thin. We're falling behind and the game is getting more tense.

We need answers. We need new frontiers. We need to create the illusion of plenty. There's a big universe all around us. We have to settle it. There's a big universe inside our mind. We can settle that too; we're already actively doing that with spiritualism, religion, fantasy, etc. When people feel there's plenty they're much less stressed and less likely to feel the need to fight or flight.

In fact, there have been a couple studies lately about another mechanism in evolution: expansion into new territory. You see, many have long thought that competition alone is the driver of evolution. But science is pointing provocatively towards what happens to a population when it populates a virgin land and the results seem to say that it's at least as important as competition to the success of a species. It's probably one of hte most interesting things i've learned lately.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Money is not the cause of this. Conservation of energy is. You can burn all the money in the world and make us all live collectively, but you cannot remove conservation of energy from the universe.

The closest thing to an answer is to find a way to live that gives us a large surplus. But even that will eventually wear thin. We're falling behind and the game is getting more tense.
So essentially you believe scarcity is a problem which cannot be defeated? Humans are inherently inefficient are they? I think you'll find that's a misconception the elite would love you to believe, but the fact is humans can balance out this inequality. It's the 2% of the population who own nearly half of the worlds assets who create the problem. And they do it using debt as a tool for engineering scarcity and dependance on their loans.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"He does what most americans do, he borrows money"

BS

He prints more and more and more fiat currency, that is why we are in this mess. The debt was created out of nothing therefore it is nothing.

This video is propaganda. Do not fall for it.

Go watch a video of Eustace Mullins if you would like to know wtf is going on with our country

verm

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So essentially you believe scarcity is a problem which cannot be defeated? Humans are inherently inefficient are they? I think you'll find that's a misconception the elite would love you to believe, but the fact is humans can balance out this inequality. It's the 2% of the population who own nearly half of the worlds assets who create the problem. And they do it using debt as a tool for engineering scarcity and dependance on their loans.

If you examine the religions you see that they attempt to create the illusion of plenty through a kind of spiritualism that's unlimited and forever; only limited by imagination and propensity of the believer to hold strong to it. If you look at the after-lives of many of these religions, you will see the lack of conservation of energy. Similarly, if you look at the entertainment industry, which exists primarily to make people smile and feel happy, it's a very popular sentiment among them and their fans that energy is infinite and that we're always a moment away from eternity. Games, for example, remove conservation of energy to give everyone equality and access. A study came out not too long ago that affirmed what scientists had long suspected: most americans act as though conservation of energy is non-existent. I think the more accurate description is that they do not want to believe. People, at their cores, do not want to fight. But this universe forces them.

Ideally, if we have to fight, we do so minimally. But to do this, we must advance and expand into the unknown. We have to compromise with our universe by willingly succumbing to it. The best way to do that is to fuel a young child's imagination with the thrill of the unknown so that they chase after it later in their lives by producing the know-how necessary to accomplish it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Um, no ... "It's never happened before" is completely false and the whole premise is false. Debt is just another bubble like all the other bubbles.

The issue is speculative wealth created from loan interest and market speculation. It has happened before ... many, many times. It will happen again. The end is always the same - massive crash to purge the speculative wealth from the system. In the process, wealth will be transferred to those that understand how capital really works.

The big issue this time around (as compared to the dozens of other crashes throughout history) is the size of human population and the decline in oil production. That's what makes this time potentially very ugly. If cooler heads do not prevail, the next big crash could make the great depression look like a walk in the park.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Prepare. Invest your money in tangible assets. Food that you can store of a long period of time, water, guns, replacement parts for said guns, and lots of bullets.

Why invest in gold when you can invest in lead?

And if you're interested in knowing where to start, PM me and I'll try to set you on the best track possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I was following you for a little bit but you lost me about halfway through. Conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed - that has nothing to do with how we manage the energy we already have. Everything we produce comes from the Earth or perhaps even from nearby planets. We convert energy into all sorts of different forms for different uses. Our work/energy output is not the creation of new energy, it is often the collection and conversion of energy. There is no reason an economy can't be stable and not based on debt. You just have to live within the standards supplied by your energy output and not borrow large amounts of money to buy things you can't really afford, otherwise you will spiral down a slippery slope where eventually you cannot fulfill your energy requirements.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The problem is not money.

It is the global bankers controlling and monopolizing the currency world-wide.

When Andrew Jackson booted the central bank, America was strong.

When Abe Lincoln was printing his money, America was strong.

December 23, 1913 this country was sold to the devil by one Woodrow Wilson.

Woodrow Wilson: "I am a most unhappy man; unwittingly I have ruined my country..."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I was following you for a little bit but you lost me about halfway through. Conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed - that has nothing to do with how we manage the energy we already have. Everything we produce comes from the Earth or perhaps even from nearby planets. We convert energy into all sorts of different forms for different uses. Our work/energy output is not the creation of new energy, it is often the collection and conversion of energy. There is no reason an economy can't be stable and not based on debt. You just have to live within the standards supplied by your energy output and not borrow large amounts of money to buy things you can't really afford, otherwise you will spiral down a slippery slope where eventually you cannot fulfill your energy requirements.

It's not always fun to fight over a pot of gold. But that's what the universe has given us. We have to work within the rules of this game. We cannot rewrite them. What I'm telling you is that these problems we have will always follow us wherever we go. We will always fight to own and to grow. The point I'm really getting at, is HOW you play this game. Which rules you use to your advantage and which ones you avoid. You see, if one believes money is the cause of all problems then I don't know what's worse: the person who believes this, or the fact that conservation of energy ensures there'll always be finite money to spread around.

You can't fight human nature or the universe and win. But you can set realistic goals. Like how to live well. We can do that. But should never invest yourself too heavily into it. Not worth it.

You're pointing to debt and money and saying they're messing us up. But I"m saying that even if we do as you say we will still have problems. It may be better than what we have now, but never forget that no matter how well functioning our system is it can never give us infinite energy. There will always remain imperfection in the system and there will always be those who do not have enough. There will always be some form of injustice or exploitation or have/have-not.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You see, if one believes money is the cause of all problems then I don't know what's worse: the person who believes this, or the fact that conservation of energy ensures there'll always be finite money to spread around.
I don't believe money is the problem. The people who control money is the problem. But your argument about a finite amount of money is pretty invalid. They can basically print as much money as they want; of course there is a limit based on the materials we have available, but they would never need to produce so much money because everyone would have a ridiculous amount of notes that would probably not be worth much. Instead it's much easier if the value of each note would increase. When they continually inject new dollars into the money pool it devalues the entire currency. This new money usually comes in the form of loans.

All of these problems are solved with a currency like Bitcoin, which BTW is nothing but data so you could theoretically create as much of it as you wanted; however it is limited as to make it more like a commodity. There will be a stage when the total volume of Bitcoins doesn't change, and the value of the currency will simply fluctuate according to factors such as supply and demand. Each Bitcoin is divisible by 8 decimal places so you can trade very small quantities as it becomes worth more. It's a much better system than constant borrowing and inflation.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lets say there're 100 of us. We all meet together in a room. In the center is a pot. We all agree to each put $10 into the pot. That's $1000. No other money enters the pot from elsewhere. Then we play a game where we fight over the money to see who can earn the most.

1) How many do you think can walk away with a profit? Having gained more than $10?
2) Do you think human nature is to share equally or to concentrate it into a few hands?

And, btw, I think it's conservation of energy that makes all of this real.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Lets say there're 100 of us. We all meet together in a room. In the center is a pot. We all agree to each put $10 into the pot. That's $1000. No other money enters the pot from elsewhere. Then we play a game where we fight over the money to see who can earn the most.

1) How many do you think can walk away with a profit? Having gained more than $10?
2) Do you think human nature is to share equally or to concentrate it into a few hands?
Human nature is based on self-preservation but some times the drive to preserve the entire species may outweigh the drive to preserve their own life. If we look at this logically, one might argue we could all live in a much better world if we could all share our resources much more fairly. But we live by capitalistic ideals where it's every man for himself and instead of working together we work against each each other. Humans nature is not the problem, human stupidity is the problem. And money is not the problem, it's the manipulation and abuse of easily exploited currency by stupid people which leads to economic failure.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Constant change is unavoidable.
I thought this was common sense.
one thing replaced by another. Variables change and systems become obsolete. Things just happen more exponentially now.is all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I started a thread on the video below……To Know A Crook, One Must Be A Crook ..Ross Mandell…..

I want to post the video here since this thread has movement………Its about the Wall Street insider Ross Mandell and his interview with Jesse Ventura which aired last November.

In that interview he mentioned that the next step would be to downgrade the US Government which is one of the first steps toward privatizing under Goldman Sachs the Social Security for its raping……….

His interview starts at the 28:00 min mark

edit on 10-8-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Remember how the people cut the heads of the french monarchy during the French Revolution? Can we do that to the bankers when the time comes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join