It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Recall Election updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

If your interested in a little more background on this and the reason for the quick accusations, Google "Kathy Nickolaus", the clerk in question. This is not the first time she's been accused of election irregularities. Most recently in a supreme court election in April, and before that in a school board election. No doubt she was being watched.

This quote from her after the april election.

"I have immediately begun the process of reviewing my procedures. I have also asked the Government Accountability Board and the Waukesha County auditor to assist my office in a review and implementation of improved practices and procedures to make sure the process is more transparent and this mistake does not happen again. I will use the remainder of my term to restore the voter's (sic) confidence in me."

Source JSOnline

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Janky Red

Them there's fightin' words I reckon.

Incumbent / Opponent

District 2 - 58% (R) / 42% (D) * 81% reporting
District 8 - 57% (D) / 43% (R) * 18% reporting
District 10 - 58% (R) / 42% (D) * 75% reporting
District 14 - 54% (R) / 46% (D) * 78% reporting
District 18 - 50% (D) / 50% (R) * 19% reporting
District 32 - 53% (D) / 47% (R) * 45% reporting

District 2 and 10 called for the Republican Incumbents.

I reckon too

IT's a wild world out there

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well how about that..

Wisconsin GOP Holds Off Democrats in Recall Elections

Madison – Republicans held onto control of the Wisconsin Senate on Tuesday, defeating four Democratic challengers in a recall election despite an intense political backlash against GOP support for Gov. Scott Walker's effort to curb public employees' union rights.

Fueled by millions of dollars from national labor groups, the attempt to remove GOP incumbents served as both a referendum on Walker's conservative revolution and could provide a new gauge of the public mood less than a year after Republicans made sweeping gains in this state and many others.

www.foxnews.com...

So yet another election that the MSM try to influence in the direction they want it to go (LEFT).

LOL Way to go WI Republican and normal cititzens that have had enough of the big time Democratic Heavy Handiness.

Now, On to the Big One. Getting rid of Obama and others come 2012.

PS, thanks for the 30 MILLION dollar donation to the state funds (by dumping all that much needed money into your over throw attempts. Makes me smile.

Way to go TEA PARTY. Again. A sign of the times.
edit on 8/10/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The people of Wisconsin have spoken - again.

Yo, unions and your supporters, finally hear them?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

What a disgusting example of a baseless witch hunt on the part of the unions and the Democrat party. Poor losers, they will now do anything in a desperate attempt to stall the implementation of the election results.

I hope that when they take this "We believe" "It seems to us" case before the courts, and the judge asks for proof of their allegations, they crumble like the empty suits they are, and get tossed out into the street.

The people of Wisconsin have spoken. It is thus so.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Don't worry Democrats, if something you don't agree with is about to be passed your fearless leaders will flee to another state and hide like cowards.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Don't worry Democrats, if something you don't agree with is about to be passed your fearless leaders will flee to another state and hide like cowards.

And then spend another $35 million + trying to undo the will of the people,

2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

It's only a witch hunt of it comes from the other side, yea that old left/right thing. Your welcome to believe what you want. I know you can't convince someone who's mind is already made up.

To me, this has been a pattern with this lady. It's hard to look at her history and not wonder if she is incompetent or crooked. With an overpaid salary of $67,000 (hmmm .....with benefits that's probably more then them awful union thug teachers make) I think it's reasonable for people to expect her do do her job right.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Senators leaving the State did not work.
The banging of drums at our Capitol did not work.
Threats and thuggery by the unions did not work.
The Zombies did not work
The lies did not work.
BBQ diners for votes did not work.
Attempt to hijack the courts did not work.
Disrupting State Fair and Special Olympic ceremonies did not work.
The wasted money on Recounts did not work.
Law suits did not work.
All the union money on negative campaign ads did not work.
Once again, the will of the people has prevailed. The majority of us really do like what Scott Walker is doing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

The unions lose.
The GOP retains control.
The American people have spoken.....again.
-----------
The unions are part of the problem. Leave the GOP in control of Wisconsin.

Read it & weap.
GOP = Solution
edit on 10-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Senators leaving the State did not work.
The banging of drums at our Capitol did not work.
Threats and thuggery by the unions did not work.
The Zombies did not work
The lies did not work.
BBQ diners for votes did not work.
Attempt to hijack the courts did not work.
Disrupting State Fair and Special Olympic ceremonies did not work.
The wasted money on Recounts did not work.
Law suits did not work.
All the union money on negative campaign ads did not work.
Once again, the will of the people has prevailed. The majority of us really do like what Scott Walker is doing.

Well said. The very intelligent citizens of Wisconsin have seen through all of the union BS
and kept the GOP (adults) in charge of Wisconsin.
-------
The liberals are walking around in a daze.
So the American people have spoken......we don't like what they have said....so maybe we
should tip over a few cars and catch them on fire??? That's what the brats do in Europe.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You're all looking at the left hand while being slapped with the right.

Until ALL of YOU drop this "liberal"/"Conservative" junk, you deserve what you get.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am very proud of my fellow Wisconsinites for doing the right thing, again.
Most of the adults in the state realize and have accepted the fact the we have serious financial issues right now.

There are plenty of spending cuts being made in Wisconsin, and the inconvenience these cuts cause can be a bit irritating, however, the vast majority accept the cuts to services as a necessary step.

I truly believe the unions are showing their true motivations, and the people are seeing them.

They don't like what they see.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
You're all looking at the left hand while being slapped with the right.

Until ALL of YOU drop this "liberal"/"Conservative" junk, you deserve what you get.

Nice try.

Why do liberals always try to justify their failed policies with the left/right paradigm crap?

Union thugs are weeping in their coffee this morning!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneYouFearIsRight

So far it looks like a GOP sweep if you look at the updated #'s on JS online.

What an awesome use of millions of dollars! I am sure that the schools couldn't have used that money!

Hmm...

First - You were wrong about the sweep thing.

Second - We should stop letting the people's will be heard? Stop elections? Cuz they are too expensive? Is that you David Koch?

Third - The schools remaining funded and staffed as opposed to being defunded and cut so that corporations can continue to recieve their tax breaks and subsidies is precisely what this battle was about.

Walker dropped out of college to run in politics. That should tell you where he ranks education in his priorities.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If I were a union member in Wisconsin, I'd be asking for a damned receipt for all the dues money spent.
Now the dems and unions have next year to spend their members dues on more failed elections, so don't fret.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If I were a union member in Wisconsin, I'd be asking for a damned receipt for all the dues money spent.
Now the dems and unions have next year to spend their members dues on more failed elections, so don't fret.

They have decided to switch all of their attention on the recall of Gov. Scott Walker.
They will fail.
So much for - mob rules -.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
So much for - mob rules -.
Yeah, that's worked so well in England.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am very proud of my fellow Wisconsinites for doing the right thing, again.
Most of the adults in the state realize and have accepted the fact the we have serious financial issues right now.

There are plenty of spending cuts being made in Wisconsin, and the inconvenience these cuts cause can be a bit irritating, however, the vast majority accept the cuts to services as a necessary step.

I truly believe the unions are showing their true motivations, and the people are seeing them.

They don't like what they see.

Bingo! It's called an austerity plan.
-----------
We could do the exact same thing in Washington D.C. and save the nation.
Believe it or not.....it's simple.
Sean Hannity spelled it out a week ago.
Here it is.
Freeze spending at the 2011 level.
Cut just 1% of the budget next year across the board.
Keep cutting 1% for only 6 years.
Pass the Balanced Budget Amendment.
- Abracadabra - The USA is saved !!!!
We will get our AAA rating back.
Long live the USA !!!

That's it !

----------
It may be irritating at times BUT the USA is saved for our children.
We just need to do the right thing today.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by jjkenobi

And then spend another $35 million + trying to undo the will of the people,

2nd

You mean to let the voice of the people be heard? Don't you? Elections are too expensive to be had now?

That is the new GOP tag line? That sounds like Plutocracy and Koch propaganda at it's best. Sorry folks, we are going to cancel elections and keep power...just a budget issue - get back to work!

I think the GOP is continuing the reality disconnect.

In the 160 year History of Wisconsin, only 2 state Senators have ever been recalled.

The people of Wisconsin just doubled that number in one night.

Only 8 GOP State Senators were eligable for recall this year.

Enough signatures were gathered to put 6 of them up for recall, which the GOP thought was impossible to begin with, and 2 of them lost their jobs.

Before last night the State Legislature was 19 to 14 in favor of the GOP.

Now it is 17 to 16 with GOP Senators thinking hard about potentially being recalled next year every time they go on record with a vote. And with the new razor thin margin every single GOP Senator has to vote in lockstep to pass Walkers legislation, no outliers.

11 GOP and The Govenor himself will be eligable for recall next year.

I have a hard time seeing two unpredented recalls of GOP Senators in one evening as a loss for Dems.

Reality disconnect by many GOP cheerleaders here.

Despite being outspent the Dems rallied the people of Wisconsin to fire two GOP Senators that were just elected last year. Historically unprecedented. The GOP can pat themselves on the back for only losing 2 of the 6 up for recall and they can continue to follow Gov. Walker for the next 5 months when another 11 of them will be eligable for recall, or they can acknowledge the reality of what just happened.

Makes no difference to me...the "peoples will" fired two of them last night and if need be will do it again in January. Democracy rules.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join