It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you be at peace as the Chaos surrounds you?♣

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

interesting question... I do not ask for peace nor do I try to be peaceful..

people ask for peace on earth or say peace be with you... they don't understand what they are saying... I definitely don't ask for peace.

think of tombstone... RIP... or He/She is finally at peace...

peace = death.

so .. turn up your radio and make lots of noise....

edit on 9-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: bla bla

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yes and No...Peace = Death.

We should not allow the conotation of Peace = Death. Peace = Love...I know it sounds cliche...but it is my preference.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
i Sit here ,still like water without a Breeze nor ripple as seemingly peoples lives, their futures and the combined World Continues its journey towards an Un-foreseeable future fueled by things of dreams and Discoveries that will astound the most intelligent of people and i cant Help but be Happy.
I love to watch the Sunset out my bedroom window on the evening as i Smoke a Possibly Consequential Cigarette and ponder the way my past day has unfolded and i feel no regrets and Have no worries, Although i should worry about plenty of things i see no point in doing so and To be honest i quite enjoy life and i look forward to the Coming years (hopefully not days) but hell what tomorrow brings will keep my mind active and keep my Mind flowing like Poetry.
I suppose the point of this Thread is to see if Anyone else has that happiness that can never fade or that light in the their hearts that can never be Extinguished and to bring out the positive thoughts in People who are Caught in a dark place at the moment.

Your Friend as Always,

Ted

What do you mean by a dark place,and are you self-effecient?Do you depend on money as a means to achieve your happiness?
edit on 9-8-2011 by Daedal because: Additional question

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

We all have different perspectives, you may see as peace=death, others will see it as peace = love, friendliness, etc etc.

So if you tend to see it that way, then that is up to you.

Turn on that radio, drop the beat...

edit on 9-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

ha haa I like your thoughts Inner Peace...as in the yin and the yang, not right and wrong, nor light and dark...there are not two sides, but three...lest we forget the center line....it is always best to ride the center line for true knowledge!

Walk in Beauty...Navajo!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by TedHodgson

interesting question... I do not ask for peace nor do I try to be peaceful..

people ask for peace on earth or say peace be with you... they don't understand what they are saying... I definitely don't ask for peace.

think of tombstone... RIP... or He/She is finally at peace...

peace = death.

so .. turn up your radio and make lots of noise....

I understand what your saying, but that's the wrong peace. This peace comes from above, not as the world presents it, in transient, or nihilistic ways, as the fleeting momentary impression, or as the cessation of all action and therefore of life itself, but instead a peace, and its accompanying good-willed, good natured humor, that is in truth foundational and thus the very basis of all TRUE life, including the life of the everlasting variety or the new life that is and represents death's very opposite.

We're talking about the peace of the Bhudda smile, the peace of the love of Christ. It' the peace of knowing that the true self transcends the vissisitudes and circumstances, and eventual prognosis of a meaningless life terminating in death. In fact, you might say then that it's a peace which provides for us endless mirth even at death's expense!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Your life is not in wrought! Despair...whatever the word may be...

Your life is for you to figure out....yes maybe late in the game, but no less..searching for the truths which will bring you to "unrealized" moments....and that is for YOU to figure out....no one can help you with that! All I can say is....the truth is there in plain sight! It is the veil of ingnorance that denies it!

Think about that and take action....that does not mean physical action specifically.. That mean inward looking...please do..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

aS i sit here contemplating my own take on the worlds mess pushed aside by the very likes of humanity that would also destroy it, I find my dark place also possesses a comfort zone. wE are after all nothing more than mere animals with only a notion of civility.

aT this point I yearn not for peace, but for battle. tHis daily slavery we live by without notice grows weak. tHe more they tighten their grip the more that slips through their fingers. I aM peace, I am war as I sit calmly waiting for the great awakening. yOu see, I understand so much more, we are doomed to destroy ourselves.....it's in our nature. wHen it comes down to it, we are just as primal as any predator in the wild.

The meek inherit nothing, only the strong survive. Do not think of it as peace of mind that I am experiencing. Think of it as supreme patience and finally getting whats due to us since birth.......freedom. iF you want to take comfort in a false perceived notion that everything will be ok, sO be it.

bUt to answer your query, chaos is my peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am glad that you have a conscious effort and are aware!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

You had me at the weak will survive! ha ha....I have to have humor. Don't be so dramatic! Yes...it is bad...yes...there is the worse to come. Don't be morose..(sp)...if you are so in tune...you should be on the wavelength of help...of service to others...not thinking about your badass all importantness!

All I can say...(and I'm sworn to secrecy)..LOL is that changes are coming....get used to it!

Also, I'm glad you like chaos...we will need you in the new vision of the future to tell us what we did wrong and beyond,,,
edit on 9-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I got nothing but PEACE in my heart, no matter how much 'chaos' is going on, out there. My trust and confidence rest in HIM and not this materialistic world. I decided a LONG time ago, that i will serve HIM and do HIS will; and i'm not talking about church.

I built my own house, and built my own business (which caters to the public). I turned off the television, turned in my driver's license (considering i have the 'right to travel', and legally don't need a D.L.), i stopped driving my Trooper, about 2 years ago...and now i ride my bike EVERYWHERE. I dont have an i-phone, i-pad, or spend insane amounts of money, on cell phone bills. I stopped using banks, about 5 years ago, and only use cash to purchase my items. I am a smoker, but even the cigarettes i smoke are tax FREE. I spend 24-7 with my daughters and play with them, as often as i can; which is everyday. When i go shopping, i shop at thrift stores, garage sales, second hand stores; and i find some pretty good treasures.

My life is very basic and simple. I don't need the latest gadget or the 'hottest' items, to make me feel like i'm "somebody"! I was "somebody" long before i reached this planet...and the dictators of this world can't convince me of anything different; and you shouldn't let "them" convince you either!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

You are a good man and obviously blessed! No worries...

The only thing I might say is give up the smoking...it blocks the energies!
edit on 10-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

ha haa I like your thoughts Inner Peace...as in the yin and the yang, not right and wrong, nor light and dark...there are not two sides, but three...lest we forget the center line....it is always best to ride the center line for true knowledge!

Walk in Beauty...Navajo!

Exactly, neither can exist without the other. There has to be a balance.

But of course, there are shades of grey...

Peace
edit on 10-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Thanks for helping me see how much our advice for the other guy really sucks and how we simply have to figure it out for ourselves although a little supportive encouragement from time to time is ok, but advice? That's something else, since it's so much easier than doing any real work to improve ourselves, and it always feels like cr@p to the person on the recieving end that much is very clear to me now, thanks again.

edit on 10-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

mmmm no drama here friend, I would love to help others only, you can only help those that would help themselves. You can lead a horse to water and all that.......unfortunatly most are out for themselves so you cannot blame one for developing the same attitude.

Im very matter of fact in the way i look at things so I can see where i may come off as a lil gloomy and self centered though I promise thats not the case. Rather the deep root of who we are is seen in its simplicity right through the false ego down to the very bone of what (not who) we are.

I am neither positive or negative in my assertion, just calling it for what it is. Truth in it's entirety is something most cannot process with a even keel. Truth is ugly, raw, and candid. Yes I crave chaos, as through chaos you find clarity. As far as being at peace goes......I've always been eerily calm naturally.

I have a lawn chair, some booze, and a pinata. Lets get ready to rumble! I'll be the guy in the rear with the gear cheerin on the home team......

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That would be an interesting brand name "The Possibly Consequential Cigarette" - Smoke one today, it may change your life.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I would smoke one or two.........then put it out on my neighbors forehead......don't like them townies very much....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Although at times the chaos seems overwhelming as it comes from so many different directions I cant shake the feeling that the people in control arnt whos running the show even if they think they are and in the end its going to turn out good for those that are left and very bad for them

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thank You for the positive thread! There is entirely too much doom and gloom. The Future has Always Been Uncertain. No sense in getting all balled up over something that hasn't happened, and my not ever happen. If I got hit by a truck tomorrow, it wouldn't matter if the ebil guvmint is run by Illuminati or if Aliens landed in DC, today is all we've got. It's all we've ever had.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join