It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you be at peace as the Chaos surrounds you?♣

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i Sit here ,still like water without a Breeze nor ripple as seemingly peoples lives, their futures and the combined World Continues its journey towards an Un-foreseeable future fueled by things of dreams and Discoveries that will astound the most intelligent of people and i cant Help but be Happy.
I love to watch the Sunset out my bedroom window on the evening as i Smoke a Possibly Consequential Cigarette and ponder the way my past day has unfolded and i feel no regrets and Have no worries, Although i should worry about plenty of things i see no point in doing so and To be honest i quite enjoy life and i look forward to the Coming years (hopefully not days) but hell what tomorrow brings will keep my mind active and keep my Mind flowing like Poetry.
I suppose the point of this Thread is to see if Anyone else has that happiness that can never fade or that light in the their hearts that can never be Extinguished and to bring out the positive thoughts in People who are Caught in a dark place at the moment.

Your Friend as Always,

Ted

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What a perfect example of positive karma. Thank you.

I am looking forward to reviewing this thread to see how many respond. In our world gone mad it is truly welcoming to know that others also maintain a positive perspective.

And why not? Complaining never got me anywhere. Don't know about you. And besides, misery loves company.

I am looking forward to the days and years ahead. In them lies an unspoken promise of opportunity and possibility. Taken together these equal hope, whose manifested outcome is always a positive one.

I must also admit that I do believe my negatively polarized acquaintances when they communicate through their fear that which is dreadful. I do not doubt that much suffering is to be experienced.

Much suffering is being experienced. Has been experienced. Will continue to be experienced as long as the current negative imbalance is in control. Why feed into that?

Focus on your spirit and those things spiritual will become understood.

Love each other, without needing a reason.

Let the light of your spirit shine through your heart and share it always with everyone.

To the future...

reply to post by TedHodgson

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Excellent thread

Like your description of being in the now and letting go, very succint.

Soo Important

Very timely have some examples here:

Solution to Riots Economic Collapse Found

And certainly if anyone needs help to get there its easy and FREE from one of the worlds experts:

World Expert Free Hypnosis and Coaching resources

I know you will like both.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Positivity is a way of life. Tons of individuals like to say they are being "real" and they live in "reality" when dwelling on negative aspects of life for some amount of time. You can see anything in any light you would like to, but being optimistic and positive usually makes you feel a whole heck of a lot better. It is not destructive in any way if you know your surroundings and that you are not just being positive to spite the bad news away. You just need to see the beauty in everything and appreciate that if you think positively you will most likely have a positive outcome for whatever goal you are trying to get to.

Being happy causes others to be happy. Educating others causes others to be educated. Life goes on and consciousness exists. If you are able to harness a positive consciousness then you will have a wonderful existence. You can seek this out in many ways.... solo or by group or by a guide. We are always bound to go through some terrible times, but how you handle it is what really counts.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well I like chaos myself. You see peace in everything I see chaos, but chaos is not a bad thing.

We are not alike, you and me, but the end game is the same. Rules create barriers chaos is free, chaos is the smoke you exhale.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
can i be at peace as the chaos surrounds me? i am the peace. i am the love. when the world is at it's darkest...i will shine my brightest!

if you are truly living in love...i believe you are love. you are peace. so as the chaos grows stronger and stronger...it should contrast you more and more!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Couldn't agree more

Funny thing Positivity is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RanDeLv2

i believe the OP is more referencing the current state of things in the world...like the growing wars, the uncontrollable economic collapse just around the bend, all the talks/fears of martial law and disasters or other bad things coming/growing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blasphemous

Precisely.

Cheers to the Future

I don't really believe negativity should cross the mind However Negative the world seems.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

i believe the OP is more referencing the current state of things in the world...like the growing wars, the uncontrollable economic collapse just around the bend, all the talks/fears of martial law and disasters or other bad things coming/growing.

Well Yes but at the Same time i'm insinuating i ignore "The Current state of things" as seemingly to me it seems so reoccurring that as an influence is should be ignored to free the path towards a positive future

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well what i see is Chaos but i look forward to when that Chaos exhales peace, We are not alike but our Book tells the same story and will have the same ending, but our combined perspective will help those understand the Story

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No, I can't. A little frantic feeling during the chaos makes everything a whole lot more interesting. Peace is nice for a bit but my god it's boring.
edit on 9-8-2011 by UngoodWatermelon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yours is the only sane and rational response in the midst of all the unreasonable insanity. Good for you!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I quite like your thoughts Ted Hodgson.

I would say that I am in training. I have not always been on this side of the positivity scale. Of course my ego may have had something to do with it. With ego come defensiveness which breeds negativity. I never had a huge ego...in fact I am one of the more "sensitive" individuals in 99.9% of interactions.

I have been on a journey of enlightenment and the more I learn and reflect on, the more calm I feel. It is not that the events of today are not catastrophic and horrific in cases. I hope that human suffering will end soon and try to focus on a more grounded holistic and spiritual life for all. If someone would of said that to me a few years ago...I would of thought...yea good luck with all that happy hippie stuff...now I see it is actually the direction we should and need to move into.

All I know is there can be no peace on the outside unless there is peace on the inside for every individual. It is a personal journey as well as a collective journey. Peace.

My new favorite Navajo salutation is "Walk in Beauty"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Life is an experience...

Whether it be a positive or whether it be a negative outlook, it does not matter. It is all about the experience.

In this journey of life we travel, there is but no straight path. Negativity helps to identify positivity or darkness tends to reveal the light.

Life is but meaningless. We give meaning to life, with every step we take in this journey. Everyman has his own journey in life, paths may cross, and knowledge is shared, but the journey progresses.

At the end of the tunnel there is always light, a positive outlook in life is always the best approach, as we are of the light and to light shall we return.

All is one, one are all.

Peace and Love...
edit on 9-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I often wonder why people get so caught up in the day to day drama of life, and why they spend so much time and energy pursuing negative emotions such as hate and anger. I jsut can't be bothered wasting energy on something that makes me feel bad.

When I was a kid I actually thought that maybe I had some kind of personality disorder and often pretended to act angry or sad in various situations just so people would think I was normal. My two driving emotions seem to be contentment and humour and they leave very little room for anything else. It also puzzles me why so many people seem to have to work on being positive when to me it comes so naturally......

Maybe I'm simply lucky, or maybe I was a very good boy in a past life.....
One of the very few gifts I posses is the ability to step back, see the bigger picture and discard the bs.
edit on 9/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Brilliant Thread! And, I entirely agree. There is a lot of work to do, I see a ton of things that are spiraling out of control, and I want to put my footprint in so many places and things.......and people! But, at the end of the day, I play with my kids, I hold my wife, I pray to THANK GOD for my life! Just like my Mom taught me, I start every prayer with everything I am thankful for, and I am usually worn out and ready to drift off to sleep before I ever even think of asking for anything more than what I already have.

We have A LOT OF WORK TO DO, but it is no reason for stress and strife and worry. I happen to know several people that have committed suicide over the past year or so, and I just wish I could sit down with them for a moment. People get caught up in this fog of despair, and they forget to appreciate the smallest wonders, and they forget to ask for help.

Once again, GREAT THREAD, and much appreciated, I hope folks take it to heart!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Well said, and that struck a chord in me. I find the drama useless. Also, as a child I felt that I forced myself to "act" out emotions that were the emotions du jour for a particular situation, when I was really thinking this is stupid and ridiculous because they caused this to themselves.

Thanks for the insight and the remembrance. Walk in Beauty!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Great thread Ted.
(sorry rhyming just makes me laugh)

Here is something even more to think about, "Can you remain at peace without ignoring the chaos?" In other words, "Can you acknowledge the chaos and be concerned about it and yet remain in peace?"

Peace.

I think Getreadyalready has articulated this fairly well.

edit on 9-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I never ignore the chaos...in fact I pay way too much of my attention to it...basically to find a ballast(sp) within myself. Because my inner thoughts are I understand many things, but I admit that I still need the external validation. I still need to read your "enlightened ego" thread, just to have more perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join