It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you trap or capture a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Is this possible?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have not heard of this possibility in modern-day ghost hunting, with modern-day techniques, so I would assume that if anyone is researching this possibility, the number is very few. The problem is that it isn't definitively known what ghosts actually are. There are a plethora of theories, some of which have caught on better than others.

If it is true that ghosts are a certain type of energy, then I do not see why you could not capture one, although I am not sure of the best way to go about it. As far as what is seen is "Ghostbusters," I don't think that is possible, but if you want to attempt to build a mini nuclear reactor, please be safe...lol

Seriously though, it could be possible, but it would depend on what a ghost "is."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

i think so. they even sold "bottled ghosts" on ebay once.
or djinns out of a lamp. it seems possible to trap spirits or ghosts.
well, thats what i believe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately, no. There are many different types of spirits, many of which are etchings, recordings in the environment, repeating forever. Now, what is currently understood is that spirits are an energy, a manifestation of energy, with the ability to pass through solid objects, even if we could catch one, it would walk right out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Are you after catching one then?

I have read if you put a bottle of sand in a haunted house the ghost will wonder "what's that new shiny thing" and go inside for a look. Then he wont get out because he's broken into particles and trapped forever. Then you bury it miles away. Sorted!

Load of rubbish if you ask me. But then again, if a ghost moved in I'd sh** myself and probably would give that a go.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluue

not quite right. there are spiritual beings like some djinns, that are supposed to have problems with certain metals. it is told that these beings cannot pass a barrier made out of copper or iron.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think I know some people that may be able to help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c52a4e3376f5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's possible to capture a demon in your body but I hear that this has the potential to be dangerous so probably not recommended.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Is this possible?

I heard they like to travel trough electrical devices or they are drawn to them. I suggest starting there. I was thinking you might need an electrical drain of some type maybe with a program so any fluctuations in the electrical devices would result into a power drain on the electrical device into a capacitor to hold the energy.Then you would need to have the capacitor covered in a ferrite shield to stop it from getting out. Then test for fluctuations inside the capacitor somehow sorry I'm still trying to figure out that one without letting the damn thing escape.lol ghost busters. i call it my ghost in a machine idea lol. In theory if you could test the fluctuations inside the capacitor for abnormalities without letting it out it could prove they do exist.
edit on 9-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
i just figured it out !!! nice

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is not possible, since ghosts, in fact, do not exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I did hear of that, but I'm unaware of the act of putting a Jinn in a lamp... Jinns are free willed spirits, residual hauntings in my theory wouldn't be able to be caught, they're just recordings in the environment's memory.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

Is this possible?

I heard they like to travel trough electrical devices or they are drawn to them. I suggest starting there. I was thinking you might need an electrical drain of some type maybe with a program so any fluctuations in the electrical devices would result into a power drain on the electrical device into a capacitor to hold the energy.Then you would need to have the capacitor covered in a ferrite shield to stop it from getting out. Then test for fluctuations inside the capacitor somehow sorry I'm still trying to figure out that one without letting the damn thing escape.lol ghost busters. i call it my ghost in a machine idea lol. In theory if you could test the fluctuations inside the capacitor for abnormalities without letting it out it could prove they do exist.

what causes them to drain batteries?

Why do they turn electronics on/off?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Maybe within your soul material suit but if you are not strong it will take over and that leaves you where?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That's what a body does..
Oh my.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

Is there something we can make to imitate the living body.

To try an engineer a paranormal test lab.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

this "body" should be some kind of attractive for spirits or souls to enter.
but, what is attractive for these beings ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

Is this possible?

what causes them to drain batteries?

Why do they turn electronics on/off?
lol no ghost don't drain the batteries what i was talking about it a method to catch one. Using the method of electrical power drain into a capacitor which holds electrical current. Sorry for the technical jargon. I will word it so its a easier way to understand.Basically you set a trap something with a high electromagnetic field. When the ghost gets close maybe it will effect the fluctuations in the field when that happens you hit the power drain button hopefully sucking the ghost into the capacitor. The capacitor will need to be shielded so no electromagnetic frequency can get out basically trapping the energy/ghost within the capacitor. From there you watch for abnormalities within the capacitor such as spikes in electricity or low electricity readings that are not normal. Why do they turn electronics on/off? I have no idea sorry. This is just a theory on how you might catch one, I don't really believe in ghost but this test might be able to prove to me they do exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Spirits need energy to manifest, any open source of energy helps them manifest, batteries are an excellent source of energy, like we all know with our cameras, voice recorders, and flashlights. Many people are starting to use EM Pumps, maybe using one of those can help manifest a spirit, which could further the research of capturing one.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I guess the ability to interact with the physical world.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

you assume that spirits are electromagnetic energy, others say they are pure energy.
but i heard that they weighed a person that was going to die, before and after.
there was a difference of about 30 gramms. they concluded, the soul or ghost is not only energy but has mass, too.

edit on 9-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join