It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you trap or capture a ghost?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

did you who the body expels all of its body fluids aka pee and poo after death. this could be the reason why people weight differently after death. But about the electromagnetic energy vs pure energy well that's anybody's guess i was just taking a stab at the situation of how to catch one. I heard they had the power to disrupt electronics and went off that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

its real, they did the weighing during the dieing. so, seconds before and seconds after the actual death. i will look for the link.

here is one pdf: www.dapla.org/pdf/whs.pdf

edit on 9-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluue
Unfortunately, no. There are many different types of spirits, many of which are etchings, recordings in the environment, repeating forever. Now, what is currently understood is that spirits are an energy, a manifestation of energy, with the ability to pass through solid objects, even if we could catch one, it would walk right out.

I think just like you it is not possible to capture a spirit. They can travel in a way that we have not yet found the key to and I think that if that were possible, then they would probably just go out of the trap.

No, it is probably neither possible nor necessary, they are right there anyway, why would you catch them?

I don't see the need to do it..

Millscore

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MillsCore

Unfortunately, no. There are many different types of spirits, many of which are etchings, recordings in the environment, repeating forever. Now, what is currently understood is that spirits are an energy, a manifestation of energy, with the ability to pass through solid objects, even if we could catch one, it would walk right out.

I think just like you it is not possible to capture a spirit. They can travel in a way that we have not yet found the key to and I think that if that were possible, then they would probably just go out of the trap.

No, it is probably neither possible nor necessary, they are right there anyway, why would you catch them?

Millscore

How do Quiji boards capture spirits then?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Millscore

they don't capture them they are said to channel them. I highly doubt a cardboard and a plastic circle would really work anyway

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Millscore

Capture?
No, they don't get captured, thats just a way of communicating with them.

Millscore

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Depends on what ghost definition is i think. But for the question can someone trap or capture ghost yes it can, depends on who and what kind of ghost want to catch.

Long go my close friend have an experiment, not a serious one but kind like naughty playing around catching some low level ghost and put it on this small plastic bottle, the bottle was from an eye drop medicine. The experiment he just want to know if plastic is good enough to hold them.

First he shield that bottle and catch what we called low level djins, and keep add it while make sure the power shield is intact. After 2 or 3 days i forgot, he finally got lots of djin inside it, up to 145 being. And when he add one more, the bottle start cracking. And in the end this small experiment just prove that glass is much better container for this kind of stuff. Just want to share things guys.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

Interesting because it's very likely that Ghosts are comprised of electromagnetic energy.

I don't believe this to be impossible, simply from the standpoint of what we understand what ghosts are comprised of.

Glass is a known insulator in electronics. Look at any old fashioned lightbulb and the leads are encased in a piece of glass which contains the power leads which powers the filament.

Also glass insulators were/are used on power and phone lines...

But in looking at Ghosts and what they are comprised of Lets take a step back though and look at ourselves.

Our bodies being comprised of 97% water and 3% minerals are in essence a wet cell battery.

Not too far unlike the one used in your car which is composed of water, Lead and electrolyte.

Why do you think that we make such good conductors ? As in being so easily electrocuted ?

This battery of a body is perfect for harboring the soul which is also electrical in nature.

It is also of what Ghosts are comprised of. Ghosts are merely this energy that has left the body after the body has been worn out or killed.

Yes, Ghosts as we are are electromagnetic in nature. And also as to why we have recently discovered as to why they can interact with electrical devices.

So conceptually, it would be possible to trap a ghost but it would have to work with the principles of electromagnetism in that all electrical energy is comprised of not only it's potential as in potential or voltage levels but also it's own unique wavelength or frequency.

As we are vibrating at various frequencies, so are ghosts.

So this device would require a variable capacitor similar to what is used in a radio or television to select the frequency of said Ghost as well as a filter tuned to the ghost's unique frequency to prevent it from escaping before locking it in the glass container.

I know it sounds farfetched but at one point in time so was the concept of Television.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Since the experience of ghosts -- depending how you define them -- relies on a connection between your perception and physical reality, and that is very tenuous to begin with, there would have to be some kind of "boost" given to the process in order to make the personality structure of the ghost more "real." I'm not sure how that can be done, other than possession or confinement in a water container.

When people wrote about Solomon and Jesus handling spirits, they were usually dealing with coherent energy entities that weren't human to begin with. These have more energy than human ghosts, apparently. But these are attracted to water. Solomon used an organic container of water, like a bota bag. Jesus once directed spirits (demons, devils) into pigs which he then had driven off a cliff. Human beings are essentially big bags of water.

So what might work for is a large container of water of some kind. I imagine you guide it into the container the old-fashioned way, with the ring. But there's no saying how long a human personality construct would last in it, or communicate once it's in there.

Unfortunately, your best bet for "capturing" a human ghost might be to allow it to possess another person, which naturally makes things much more complicated.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Interesting because it's very likely that Ghosts are comprised of electromagnetic energy.

I really don't think this has been adequately proven. I think most of the research data and anecdotal evidence suggests that while there may be a small electromagnetic component, coherent personality constructs like ghosts and demons/entities are more likely composed of an interaction between a focused living consciousness and another type of field, possibly akin to Rupert Sheldrake's morphic resonance fields. These are trans-temporal fields that we don't really understand yet, that respond to conscious expectation and perception. They allow non-corporeal personalities to organize themselves in such a way that they can interact with our physical reality.

We're constantly awash in electromagnetic fields of varying strengths and frequencies, and that has grown over the years. If ghosts were comprised mostly of EM fields, then it might be reasonable that we should either see more and more coherent ghosts than we have in the past, or they would be drowned out in the EM noise. But I don't see that happening either way. The frequency and quality of ghost (and demon) encounters seems to have remained relatively the same over the years.

Unfortunately, the available data on this is very, very poor, and unlikely to get any better in the near future. Even with 20 ghost hunting shows on TV.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Can you trap or capture a ghost? Is this possible?

Yeah, just look in the mirror.
It's a trapped ghost.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, if the stories are true and the US military can trap people who astral project into their bases, then i guess it should be possible to do the same thing to other entitites...

Although i have no idea how exactly something like this could be done.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
It's possible to capture a demon in your body but I hear that this has the potential to be dangerous so probably not recommended.

Very possible it is called demon possesion however once they enter you they take over your mind and body and it takes a lot to get them out so its not worth it

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Maybe, but I don't know how.

KWytch

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Explanation: S&F Brilliant question! Well done!

I think it may be possible with the right off the shelf equipment! But I would suggest before I even link and quote that it would be very dangerous to try repeat the performance as played out in the film ...

The Entity (film) [wiki]

Desperate for a solution to her problem Carla agrees to participate in a complicated study carried out by parapsychologists at a local university. A full mock-up of her home is created as a trap to lure the entity. Once inside, it would be frozen in liquid helium. Before the experiment can begin, Dr. Sneiderman arrives and unsuccessfully tries to convince Carla to leave. The entity eventually manifests as a cold wind and unexpectedly takes control of the helium tanks, attempting to kill Carla who defiantly stands up to it, stating that it can never have her. Dr. Sneiderman rushes in and saves her. As they escape the laboratory, they see the entity frozen for a brief period into a very large mass of ice. It eventually breaks free and vanishes. Carla returns to her house the next day. The front door slams by itself and a demonic voice greets her. She calmly opens the door, exits the house, and gets in a car with her family and leaves.

The film ends with captions stating that Carla's attacks have decreased in both frequency and intensity, but that she still experiences paranormal activities.

Personal Disclosure: There is still no wiki yet available on Doris Bither and so I link the ATS thread instead!

"The Entity" and Doris Bither (by Klemperer posted on 26-8-2008 @ 06:03 PM) [ATS]

I hope this helps!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
depends on where you are.

in the east, you can but it is hard and you need some serious help.

they take ghost pretty seriously here.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know of someone who does some magick, who makes use of spirit pots.

There was also an account of an experiment with Robert Monroe, that I read some years ago. Monroe was an out of body projector, with quite a famous degree of ability. As part of the experiment, they had him try and project while inside a Farraday cage. He reported having difficulty, and theorised that that could perhaps form the basis for a ghost trap.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I would think of a Ouija board as being like the dial home device seen for controlling Stargates, in that TV series. To me anyway, a Ouija board works by opening a vortex...something like a wormhole...between astral and physical space. Because of this, Ouija boards are dangerous, in the sense that if they are used in one place on a sufficient number of occasions, there is a chance of the vortex becoming permanently anchored in that location, so that spirits may randomly enter whenever they feel like it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Technically there are ways to trap ghosts, but if it can enter a mirror, it can leave... so unless you manage to create an infinite mirror trap it will be free to move, I'm not sure about voodoo, but that technically is the simplest trap. A cube built of six mirrors, the infinite reflection in all directions can most likely catch the spirit, yet there seem to be more ways that would resemble some horror movies, a vcr tape can work, I think, but I don't know how exactly, you'll probably need an old camera for it, following that you can also use an old camera with some film, but to make them is a bit difficult, I could use some more info from Japan about those ... since it seems to be dominant there... dont know why, but there are a few other methods that a tad old school, like using ritualistic herbs and items ... Yet furthering the camera theme, a digital camera can be adjusted to record it, but along with that there are more severe methods, sealing ghosts within people or even using the Internet to seal it, all are quit difficult and as they seem effective in theory, some of them are less likely then others...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join