It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

Oh no you didn't... scumbags? You're calling my kids... scumbags?

Because they need assistance to live because daddy was made redundant having worked his arse off throughout school, coming in the top 2 percentile of national results, and found out that the majority of employers want IDIOTS; morons who blindly follow mundane routine without questioning - and if you do question a morally reprehensible action request made by said employer, suddenly your job becomes 'nonviable' and nonessential to the business functions and you're front of the line at the job centre without a reference vying for a possible 5 vacancies a fortnight all of which have 50-100 CV's to sift through and finding, in more than 7 out of 10 they took on an 'apprentice' or, worse still, a volunteer who was able to do the (lower standard) work for bugger all because they live at home with their parents, little realising they're screwing up the job market for themselves when they need to grow up and move out.

Thousands of pounds? Try less than 60 a week and the same again for the kids... I don't care where you live, you try living on that amount of money and tell me you're not poor, or that after a decade of paying into the system, you're getting back anywhere near what you put into it.

Don't come on here with your holier than thou attitude towards those who have been forced into this position, yes there are those who take the benefit system for a ride - just how I have no idea because I can't get anything more than I'm entitled to, which is not enough to live on. You think people like me will stay put for long? You think it's acceptable knowing you have more experience and business acumen than the tossers who chuck your CV in the bin in favour of some spotty brat they can pay peanuts and who will never question the ethics of stepping on people to work their way up?

My guess is that you're one of such people. I bet you've f'ed over more of your supposed 'colleagues' in your career to get where you are today than the rioters have combined this week. So, who causes more damage to this society? You with your greed that puts millions into poverty in favour of a few having more resources than anyone could ever use? Or those who struggle on less than minimal money who have no opportunities, particularly when they believe in fairness and equality? Well my patience has just about run out. I won't step on my neighbours, or fellow jobseekers just to get a fast buck - but if I catch you sat in traffic in your opulently extravagantly over-the-top super car, I might just drag you out and give you the seeing to you're clearly lacking in your privileged waste of an existence.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

I take my hat off to you Sir, from someone who has been in the exact same situation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Revolution in the making in the UK???

This title is misleading.

When did London become the whole UK?

When did England become the whole UK?

Some members make me laugh really

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is not a political movement.

It is thugs taking advantage of a situation. They are just out to rob some stores.

The police should respond with riot guns not batons.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anyone saying this is not a revolution can I ask what the difference is between these 'yobs' and the Libyan 'rebels' that we are supporting? oh yeah that's right Western governments are filled with angelic beings and western society is perfect so any 'uprisings' are anarchism rather than a demand for change.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
All this from just youths because of an apparent drug dealer was shot.

Now, imagine this on a much larger scale e.g. SHTF scenario when adults are doing the same thing.

Very scary thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Maybe the adults should come out and fight back instead of letting the Police deal with it!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

Well it's pretty simple really...there's no armed insurgents trying to shoot and kill government soldiers and employees in an attempt to overthrow the government here in the UK whilst there is in Libya.

Is that a big enough distinction for you because it sure is for everyone here in the UK?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

buttttttthurtttttttt

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Maybe the adults should come out and fight back instead of letting the Police deal with it!
Couldn't have put it better myself!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hahahaha revolution.. my arse. Am in the uk, we call these people chavs that have literally no motives in life other than smash things vandalise peoples property act all big and hard, revolution? They dont even know what it means bunch of pricks..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
To those who have said Mr Duggen deserved to be shot for firing at the police. You have been proven wrong, He did not fire at the police what so ever.

Sky News has received this statement from the family of Mark Duggan. "We feel completely gutted. Someone must be made accountable for this. We can't believe that they can do this. In this day and age this is completely unacceptable. We are ver very angry and we want answers now from the police." This statement follows the IPCC saying there was no evidence Mr Duggan had fired a gun at police before his death.

Sky News

So come on who is going to apologise?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

To those who have said Mr Duggen deserved to be shot for firing at the police. You have been proven wrong, He did not fire at the police what so ever.

Sky News has received this statement from the family of Mark Duggan. "We feel completely gutted. Someone must be made accountable for this. We can't believe that they can do this. In this day and age this is completely unacceptable. We are ver very angry and we want answers now from the police." This statement follows the IPCC saying there was no evidence Mr Duggan had fired a gun at police before his death.

Sky News

So come on who is going to apologise?

I am in no way justifying what the police did but another gun WAS found and it is police policy to shoot if they feel they are in danger. We do not know the full story yet. The gun found was not fired but was it used to threaten and did the police feel that there life was threatened?

Also, it is an insult to call this a revolution. This is pack-mentality. Kids high on power. When herded like this, evolution seems to rewind a few thousand years. This is mindless and greed.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Stormborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormborn

Reports were saying a Police Officer stated he fired, after hearing gunfire, he is was in fear for his life. Duh the gunfire was coming from his fellow cops no Duggan.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Just like your first poster said. It's mass criminalization.

Take out the guns and kill a few dozen. If they keep it up, kill a few hundred, Continue until it stops.

They have long past gone from a noble cause to downright barbarianism.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Reports were saying a Police Officer stated he fired, after hearing gunfire, he is was in fear for his life. Duh the gunfire was coming from his fellow cops no Duggan.....

There doesn't have to be gunfire to fear for your life. I don't know the story, I wasn't there. I just know that if the police are threatened enough to feel unsafe (put yourself in that position for just a second), then they are allowed to shoot.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Well said, I completely agree with you.

As I have been forced into that situation, I've been here for around 6 months, I've been working voluntary work just so that I'm doing something while I apply for work and even that is not helping, I worked my ass off studying etc for nothing.

Anyway, this is far from revolution, this is just a bunch of dim minded people that think they can get away with ruining peoples lives. I know we need change but this is not the way to do it. A lot of people need to do some serious growing up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Still they shot someone who did not fire on them. The family is asking for justice. Will they get it no, they wont.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I know it's probably not the OP's video, but that's not a woman. Sounds like Caribbean Patois mixed in with Hackney English. And that man is right, do it for a CAUSE not just smash up innocent people's shops that have nothing to do with the elitists 'HAVES' that they are rioting against.

Same thing with the last LA riots. They burned down their own damn neighborhoods for NO GOOD reason. Why burn / loot your own damn neighborhood, which is basically effin' up your own livelihood and the livelihood of your neighbors. It is mindless violence.

Take it to where this will really hurt the 'HAVES' elitist scum that is causing the humungous gap between us. Don't take it out on your own people that are basically in the same effed up situation, just because they have a shop doesn't mean that they're 'rich' or even close to it. They are probably barely getting by just paying the rent with the minimal sales they actually make.

TAKE IT TO THE REAL ELITISTS! Not your own people!

That pretty much sums up what that man said in the video.
edit on 8.9.2011 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

If your children are the ones pushing into peoples houses, then yes, they are scum bags and hopefully they'll find themselves getting what's coming to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join