It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Criminality on a massive scale? Sounds similar to what happened in Egypt with the riots. Back then Mubarak call them that.

Except there are no flags or slogans of protest in the UK. It's highly unlikely these kids could write one.

There's a reason these yobs are just smashing up sports shops and phone shops and it aint political protest.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Look, you know i would normally agree wit you on nearly every subject, However, This is not a revolution. Working peoples lives are being destroyed, poor people are destroying their own communities. 10's of millions of pounds of damage being created. I'm not denying the socio-economic conditions in some of these areas, but it does not give one the right to destroy homes and business's and rob shops.

The cuts haven't even kicked in yet, this was criminal opportunism, from criminal elements that exist in London. There has been looting in more affluent boroughs, so this is not just about poor people taking their revenge.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

So in other words, they are behaving like the wealthy, except they lack the state sanction to do so.

I agree they are just imitating what the criminals at the top of the food chain do.

The difference is that the most intelligent criminals don't carry out their crimes on their own kind or in plain sight and they are masterful at using the reactions of others to distract from them selves.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

so this is not just about poor people taking their revenge.
You're correct about that much. It's not just about the working people either.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I get it, they're criminally inclined criminals of a crime-causing nature performing criminal acts of criminality and crime. Jesus, you're making it so that the word doesn't even mean anything anymore, please stop.

I'm not calling it a "revolution." At least, not yet. Point is you can't slap people around and expect them to have no reaction. You might not agree with them (After all, property is much more valuable than anything else, EVER!!!!!!!) and that's fine. But you can't exactly be surprised.

And as I pointed out, even if they are trying to do some political stuff here... marching in a line and having a slogan just doesn't cut the mustard.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.
It seems to me like this uprising must have been motivated and driven into manifestation by a force greater than the greed of a criminal. The criminal activity is merely a predictable side-effect, criminals will exploit any situation like this to commit crime. The media will play it out like the whole thing is a bunch of criminals on a rampage, which is most likely far from the truth.

Side effect! You're having a laugh. Television and eye witnesses clearly show that there are gangs of looters and arsonists.

The spark may indeed have not been by "criminals" but the gangs now looting and burning are criminals (a criminal being someon who breaks the law). Private homes are being trashed, shops emptied and businesses burned. The police/politicians/establishment are not the target it's everything in a local area. This is yob violence by people who do not give a flying f... for anything or anybody except themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
For a revelution, you need to have a reason.

This woman says it best, in the face of the looters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Revolutions have strong underlying political purposes where demonstrations are carried out en-masse by the public in protest against and with intent to change a present regime! This is not, nor does it have the potential to be either. If anything this will ignite tensions between minorities and fuel immigration and racial hatred if anything. I hear more non-racist people talking aggressively of the situation than I hear of those addressing the apparent political issues at hand. There's a clue for you.

This is under-class scum festering on what can only be described as an opportunist spree. That is precisely what this is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752
Revolutions have strong underlying political purposes where demonstrations are carried out en-masse by the public in protest against and with intent to change a present regime! This is not, nor does it have the potential to be either. If anything this will ignite tensions between minorities and fuel immigration and racial hatred if anything. I hear more non-racist people talking aggressively of the situation than I hear of those addressing the apparent political issues at hand. There's a clue for you.

This is under-class scum festering on what can only be described as an opportunist spree. That is precisely what this is.

When the British Prime Minister calls an emergency meeting to deal with this crisis. Thats how serious it is. Tempting to put out the flames before it gets worse.

By the way...how did the French Revolution get started?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Side effect! You're having a laugh. Television and eye witnesses clearly show that there are gangs of looters and arsonists.
I agree "side-effect" was a bad choice of words and I was hesitant to phrase it that way. However, my point still stands; criminals will always exploit any type of uprising and riot whether it's for a real reason or not. You parrot what the television tells you as if you were there. Are you there? Of course shop owners and upstanding citizens are going to be shaken and concerned, that is also a predictable "side-effect".
edit on 9-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
No revolution here, just ignorant uneducated yobs on a theft and violence rampage.

Everybody is furious. Expect a massive law and order surveillance state backlash.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by BAZ752

When the British Prime Minister calls an emergency meeting to deal with this crisis. Thats how serious it is. Tempting to put out the flames before it gets worse.

By the way...how did the French Revolution get started?

Oh dear, honestly? Are we really going to discuss this?

...I have not dispelled the severity of this event, so don't insinuate that I'm playing it down. I'll say no more.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
People need to get a grip, talking about a revolution.

These are loutish chavs causing destruction and mayhem for the fun of it, and looting designer clothes and electronics.

They are not motivated by any political or social cause, other than getting freebies and causing mindless violence.

If they had any ''altruistic'' motivation, then they wouldn't be destroying their local communities and ruining their local businesses.

People need to cast their minds back to the riots in France, in 2005. They lasted for 3 weeks, and it was teenagers and young adults from the lower socio-economic classes who were causing the same mayhem, and destroying their own communities.

OK, the economic situation wasn't as bad then, but that hardly led to revolution. Quite the opposite, as it sowed even more disharmony and suspicion of the socio-economic class who caused the mayhem from the law-abiding French population.

This is going exactly the same way in Britain; this has only led to more people taking the side of the authorities, and being seriously pissed off at these selfish and morally devoid yobbos.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
People need to get a grip, talking about a revolution.

These are loutish chavs causing destruction and mayhem for the fun of it, and looting designer clothes and electronics.

They are not motivated by any political or social cause, other than getting freebies and causing mindless violence.

If they had any ''altruistic'' motivation, then they wouldn't be destroying their local communities and ruining their local businesses.

People need to cast their minds back to the riots in France, in 2005. They lasted for 3 weeks, and it was teenagers and young adults from the lower socio-economic classes who were causing the same mayhem, and destroying their own communities.

OK, the economic situation wasn't as bad then, but that hardly led to revolution. Quite the opposite, as it sowed even more disharmony and suspicion of the socio-economic class who caused the mayhem from the law-abiding French population.

This is going exactly the same way in Britain; this has only led to more people taking the side of the authorities, and being seriously pissed off at these selfish and morally devoid yobbos.

Well said, chap!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If the police handled the riots properly at the beginning, would we be where we are now?
Probably not

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If you call breaking into a bookmakers to steal the monitors a revolution, then yeah, it is one.

If you call setting fire to a carpet store with 21 flats above it, and then blocking the residents path of escape while you try and steal carpets a revolution, then yeah, it is one.

If you call smashing the windows out of a bus filled with people minding their own buisness, forcing them to evacuate it and then setting it on fire a revolution, then yeah, it is one.

If you call smashing out shop windows so that you can get in and steal anything from a TV down to a new pair of trainers or even just some cigarettes a revolution, then yeah, it is one.

If you call going to "help" an injured person, who is semi concious lifting them to their feet, looking for all the world like you are concerned just so you distract them while your mate fleeces the rucksack on their back a revolution then yeah, it is one.

To the rest of us normal civilised human beings however, its scum being scum.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

When it was Iraq, Gin Rummy declared it "freedom."

Specifically, he said "Freedom is messy" as the Iraqis were pillaging their own museums and tearing down their own infrastructures for parts.

Guess it all depends on what the mouthpieces are trying to accomplish that day.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hardly a revoloution if the only people supporting it are the people who depend on the state the most.

Absolute piss take. Nobody I know supports these riots. The only people who do are criminals.

This is a multicultural mess.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As the economy of Europe goes awry I expect real revolution. In Italy especially I expect mobs to storm the Vatican and murder many priests.

Right now though these are just entitled brats.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Hardly a revoloution if the only people supporting it are the people who depend on the state the most.

...You're aware that it's the wealthy who depend on the government the most, right?

Right now the police are standing by and letting these people smash up a poorer part of town. The moment the horde moves towards somewhere with money, watch some skulls get cracked.

Then tell me who gets the most out of the state.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join