It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We The People Video Message to Obama - Gone Viral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This You Tube Video has gone viral so guess some of you have already seen it.

www.youtube.com...=308

Six Million Hits in Four Days! Estimated to be currently Nine Million now.

Transcript for those who can't watch -

Transcript of “We the People.” [from Album Notes]

Dear President Obama,

“We The People” have stated resolutely we reject your vision for our country. You claim you have not heard us.

“We The People” have assembled across America resisting your efforts to subvert our constitution and undermine our liberty. You claim you have not seen us.

Since you have not acknowledged our message, let us here present it once more for if as President Wilson said, “a leader’s ear must ring with the voices of the people,” the time has come.

Our greatest treasure is freedom – the absence of restraints on our ability to think and to act. The corollary of freedom is individual responsibility. We believe in the power of the individual.

A few years ago President Bush said, “History moves toward freedom because the desire for freedom is written in every human heart.” Let us add that we will preserve it only as long as devotion to freedom is expressed in the heart of our actions.

When President Lincoln dedicated Gettysburg National Cemetery he declared, “It is for us the living to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus so nobly advanced.”

That unfinished cause for which our soldiers willingly go to battle and for which so many have given their lives is a free United States of America. It has been nearly one hundred fifty years and the work President Lincoln spoke of is not finished. In fact, that work will never be finished.

Freedom is the capacity of self-determination. It is not an entity but a condition and conditions change. Freedom can expand, yet so can it contract.

You promised change when you took office, Mr. President, but subjugation is not change we wanted or will accept.

You have expanded government, violated our Constitution, confounded laws, seized private industry, destroyed jobs, perverted our economy, curtailed free speech, corrupted our currency, weakened our national security, and endangered our sovereignty.

By compromising our nation’s cultural, legal and economic institutions, you are ensuring that our children will never achieve the same quality of life as we enjoy today. Through generational theft you are robbing the unborn of opportunity.

This is not acceptable. Not in America. We did not become a strong nation through hope but rather through self-reliance.

No one better understands the relationship between individual achievement, dignity and strength than our armed forces. Through every war our soldiers have held this nation’s destiny in their hands. They have not failed us. They cherish freedom enough that they are willing to die for it.

Our duty to them and to ourselves is to treasure freedom enough to live up to it.

We accept the challenge, Mr. President. That is why we are assembling across the land to deliver our message to you as often and in every way we can. Dismiss us at your political peril.

Our great nation is a Republic. We will not accept tyranny under any guise. Your policy to redistribute the fruits of our labor is Statism and will not be tolerated.

By our honor, Mr. President, we vow forever to resist coercive government in America. Patriots will not stand silent as you attempt to dismantle the greatest nation on earth. “We The People” will defend our liberty. We will protect our beloved country and America’s exceptionalism will prevail.

God Bless the United States of America!

Sincerely,

We The People

by RidesAPaleHorse
image: We the People

[Source deathby1000papercuts.com ]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'll have to watch it when I get home. But I do have a question: Did President Bush say, “History moves toward freedom because the desire for freedom is written in every human heart.” before or after he rammed the Patriot Act down our collective throats?

Just askin.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interestingly, none of this has to do with the president or any political party.

It is private business, and large corporate interests who do the work of the elite that brings about the prison planet we are living in... It is those in powerful positions who worked to maintain that power through control of resources, and human intellect for the purposes of establishing a dynasty for themselves, their colleagues and the families.

There will NEVER be freedom as long as we allow individuals to obtain incredible wealth and power disproportionate to the common society.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

edit on 8/8/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

There will NEVER be freedom as long as we allow individuals to obtain incredible wealth and power disproportionate to the common society.

HAHAH!! I believe thats an oxymoron. You want freedom by restriction.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Wow... what a bunch of sensational garbage. Talk about brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

HAHAH!! I believe thats an oxymoron. You want freedom by restriction.

Freedom is an individual choice, not a catch phrase on youtube. It's not a messiah. It's not a trend. It's not a document. It's not a movement.

It's a decision you make when you wake up.

This video is the more insidious side of fading liberty. It attacks it through false paradigm. You are free because you declare it, and if it is not respected or acknowledged, that does not make you less free. If there is no law to protect it, freedom does not falter. If there is no spokesman to speak for it, it does not waver.

You are free because you believe you are free. If you do not believe you are free, then no amount of pandering and protest will change it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Did you ever see the day when a video like this would have to be made in the first place - I don't know, I just find it takes things to another level and wonder if this will instigate the same anarchy that is going on in the UK?

Heaven knows what around the next corner!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry ,.No returns no refund
When shopping for presidents, please choose carefully as broken items cannot be exchanged

"but it looked good when it was new"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

i agree with the op and so does jimmy stewart watch it all or just fast forward to little before the 3 minute mark.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That voice in the video was annoying, I couldn't watch the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I'll have to watch it when I get home. But I do have a question: Did President Bush say, “History moves toward freedom because the desire for freedom is written in every human heart.” before or after he rammed the Patriot Act down our collective throats?

Just askin.

From The Cornell Law School:
www.lawschool.cornell.edu...
On April 24, 1996, President Clinton signed the Antiterrorism
and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (AEDPA). This was the foundation of the Patriot Act.
Then, Hillary Clinton (remember her? the wife of Bill "I nevea haad sex weith thait woman" Clinton) supported the Patriot Act when she voted for the law in 2001 and again in 2006 when it was renewed.
www.factcheck.org...

Just answerin

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i agree with the op and so does jimmy stewart watch it all or just fast forward to little before the 3 minute mark.

The old man is right, he doesn't have to send his sons to serve in a war they don't believe in. It's the government's responsibility to protect freedom, not fight enemies. If these peol really felt they were in danger of losing their freedoms they would stand up for it. When people refuse to stand up for their freedoms, they do not deserve to have them.

When he is told that there are troops surrounding him and the military is retreating, leaving him the next target, it is still up to those sons to decide if it is worth fighting for. Who's to say they don't tell the opposition the same thing and actually do get left alone. And who's to say they don't. Either way, the man stood up for his freedom. Just because one side proclaims to protect it, and proclaims the other is against it, doesn't mean it's the truth. Both sides are wrong. Freedom is individual, and no army can protect or destroy it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Out of the 9 million views over 10,000 patriots like the video and about 1,000 liberals dislike it. You must register with YouTube to vote.
9 million

SnF

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
While I agree with most of the sentiments espoused in the video, and I viewed it some time ago, those quoted can hardly be considered, imo, any more of a "Patriot" than Obama. Their policies were just as bad for America as Obama's! Wilson, Bush, Lincoln? Neo-con dream...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Out of the 9 million views over 10,000 patriots like the video and about 1,000 liberals dislike it. You must register with YouTube to vote.
9 million

SnF

Or... maybe they were just people who can see past iconic cliche imagery and a cheesy soundtrack.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Just askin.

he probably said it at the very same time as the patriot act,

thats double speak for you, say one thing and do another, how else do you think these fools get elected?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I like the part where she says Obama compromised our cultural, legal
and economic institutions. And there's a picture of a street sign that
says "Wall St". LOL! Poor Wall St.! They've been compromised by
Obama! Methinks it's the other way around...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Bingo.

Obama is a puppet.

If you want freedom fight the plutocracy and stop our environment from being destroyed...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
WE ready..WE ready...WE ready for war!!
It has begun...Get ready for the ride of a lifetime!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join