It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: The US and Eurozone Economies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Well, The right wingers blamed everything in the Bush Presidency on Clinton, how does it feel?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

No they didnt. Clinton was a good president. Just not a moral one. He was fiscaly conservative and knew what it took to stimulate a economy. He had some failures. Nothing that Bush couldnt have recovered from, so no blame is needed. That is what we call accountability. Most people on the right have it, few on the left do.
However if he did have some failures. He released multiple military secrets and technology information to China, I kind of saw this as stupid. He decrease military spending along with intelligance agencies, in the after math, kind of a big deal since we were attacked on 9/11. Started a war in Somalia he couldnt finish and failed at. He bombed a Aspirin factory in Libya because he thought it was chemical plant. I could go on and on, but again, it doesnt matter. These arent acts that Bush couldnt and did recover from, and nothing he could have forseen happening. I dont blame him. I know most Republicans dont blame him. If he wants to come back and run again, over Obama, I would vote for him. To bad he cant, but I would. I think I would vote for the next Bum on the street over Obama though, so that might not be saying much.
edit on 8-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Clinton played his role like everyone else. The only difference between him, Bush and Obama is timing. He came during a time when the people calling the shots didn't have huge upsets to make. I can't recall when was the last time the USA had a "good President." They don't govern anything; they follow instructions. If Clinton was the President now, he'd be doing exactly the same thing Obama is doing. You know why? Because the Presidents are simply fronts and what seems as their ideas are really the ideas of others.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thing is no one likes to admit to being wrong.Especially now it's the left/right scam that people get so wrapped up in that it makes things like this possible.There is plenty of blame to go around here it's just that both parties and a good majority of the people of the US will never own up to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So the economy is bad and getting worse and guess what, everyone is to blame. Yup, sounds about right. I at least applaude the fact that almost 75% of respondants lay the blame at the foot of the corporations.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am amazed as to how Obama keeps getting treated with kid gloves in these surveys.
That Kool-Aid is pretty potent stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just about as valid as any survey that calls the United Kingdom ‘part of the Euro zone’.

A fine load of old rubbish and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This brings to mind something I read a long time ago. The Mayan civilization reached something similar to what we are facing now. A clan of elites, oppressed the common people. They built bigger and bigger temples, had a penchant for power, all at the expense of those on the lower levels of their society who they demanded bigger and bigger tribute from.. And you know what the Mayan people finally did? They abandoned the cities, and walked back into the rainforests, in such numbers that the warlords couldn't stop them.. They stopped playing the game. And they survived. The elites dynasties came crashing down.All that was left was a bunch of deserted buildings that the forest slowly reclaimed. You are only a slave if you believe you are a slave. I would love to see a modern facsimile of this happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord you make my head spin. Your ability to nail surveys is unreal, and I just have to say that I love your brain.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Just about as valid as any survey that calls the United Kingdom ‘part of the Euro zone’.

It's my understanding that the UK has officially endorsed the laws of the European Union, but is in an opt-out state in so far as adopting the Euro... having not met all five of the financial criteria needed.

However, the wording said "including the UK," which was a nod to its EU involvement, but opt-out status.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
With regards to this question:

"Many who analyze the poor state of the US, European, and Global economy place blame in several different areas, some more than others. Of the involved parties below, please rate the level of blame you attribute to them for the current state of the economies in the US and Euro-Zone."

One of the choices was "Conservative politicians". Unfortunately, there are very few, if any, "Conservative politicians". There are Republicans who under Bush almost doubled the size of the national debt, raised the debt ceiling and passed the first Banker Bailout bill aka TARP 1.

To call Republicans "Conservative" is a fallacy. There are no more Conservatives with the exception of Ron Paul types of whom there are a handful. With regards to financial policy, there are those who spend like they're crazy, the Republicans, and then there are those who spend like they're INSANE, the Democrats.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every single time I see you on a thread you defend republicans tooth and nail no matter what the thread is about. Then you have the gall to say 'people who blame Bush and the republicans are brainwashed by the MSM' which just means that you my friend are brainwashed by Fox News. It basically comes down to No one will listen to what you have to say because you are predictable, they will be reading a thread on some political issue, see the teenager with a paintball mask and skip over it, "well we all know what that guy's gonna say".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Way too much division in the government and way too much division in this thread, no wonder the system got broke. Everyone played tug 'o war while it was falling apart and now everyone's playing the blame game instead of fixing the problem.

So sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I wont disagree with that. Very true statement.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Almost all in agreement the BANKS had a lot
to do with the breakdown.

The Bush/Obama percentages in who's fault
seemed slightly skewed..

Maybe there is never to many
answers in the middle??

Yeah I was expecting Obama to be seen as more responsible than Bush too. Everything else looks as expected, to me anyway.

Another interesting survey, I just wish there was a place these could be seen by more people

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Doesn't look like anyone really understood the survey, a majority say the blame is 100% on Obama as well as bankers EU politicians etc, which makes no sense as obviously if you think its also someone elses responsibility it can't be soley anyone responsibility

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow, 11,000 some people responded. It's very interesting indeed. Skeptic, I design surveys for a living, if you ever need a hand, let me know.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This poll reveals something funny...

0.5% of ATS'ers are INSANE (because they are expecting strong growth for the economy).

Also interesting, even though there's a ridiculous left-right divide on ATS, the one thing we can all agree on is that it was primarily the financial institutions who screwed us over

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by hillynilly
Almost all in agreement the BANKS had a lot
to do with the breakdown.

The Bush/Obama percentages in who's fault
seemed slightly skewed..

Maybe there is never to many
answers in the middle??

Yeah I was expecting Obama to be seen as more responsible than Bush too. Everything else looks as expected, to me anyway.

Another interesting survey, I just wish there was a place these could be seen by more people

You can blame Obama for a lot of things, like how badly he handled this crisis. But he is NOT responsible for it...the crisis is the product of all the previous presidents and the ball was already rolling downwards when he took office. Sadly, intstead of catching the ball and slowly pushing it up the hill again, he seems to be happily running alongside it in a never ending downwards spiral

His last comment that Europe's responsible for the issues in the US is beyond laughable. At best he's a liar, at worst, he's just clueless (or his advisors are).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join