ATS Survey Results: The US and Eurozone Economies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The results of the survey are in, and an impressive 11,448 visitors to ATS (2,118 members and 9,330 guests) completed our latest survey on the state of the US and Eurozone economies. There are a few minor surprises in the results, but it seems that many who come to ATS have concluded that both economies have some serious problems and that there's plenty of blame to go around.

edit on 8-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow. The "Absolute Responsibility" bars are pretty tall! Everyone thinks they absolutely know who to blame...Ha! AND it's all over the place, lol...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Did we really need a survey to tell us what we already know, those who pay attention that is?
Things are definitely going to get much "worsh".

I see you corrected the spelling, my joke makes no sense now. =)
I blame the moon, but that didn't register on the totals list.
edit on 8-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm surprised of the blame placed on the Presidents...as if the puppets have any power to control what happens in the world. It seems that is all they are good for...being recipients of blame.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Clearly, the one person to blame for the mess we are in is everybody under the sun.

Ya, we have no clue...too many conspiracy theories, not enough facts...perhaps thats the point as to why "They" create grassroots conspiracy theories...make us muddled down soo much in plausable reasoning that the truth becomes quickly clouded.

Watch, historians will point back to it all being 100% Trump's fault

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Almost all in agreement the BANKS had a lot
to do with the breakdown.

The Bush/Obama percentages in who's fault
seemed slightly skewed..

Maybe there is never to many
answers in the middle??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Very interesting results.

As much as many of us may be correct, it still makes me ask if we have all got a hold of the right end of the stick?

It's going to be very interesting to see how the next 18 months turn out, unless things kick off much sooner seeing as the markets seem to be edging towards free-fall..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

We need these polls once a week or once a month.

As well we as members need to be able to make polls happen.

To go with our threads about the specific topics to cross reference data.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Bill.
edit on 8/8/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Obviously because people as a whole are not doing a DAMN thing about it. There are way more citizens than there are "elites". The answer is amazingly... simple.

Let the heads roll.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Took the words right out of my mouth.. you've posted whilst I was typing my post..

Somethings are never always as they seem. Got to be just that little tiny snippet of info that's missing somewhere along the line.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sad how the Mob has no other mindset than to blame higher-ups "absolutely". These stats are evidence that Marxism - the central piece of which is "blame the higher ups!" - is now in full control of the American hive mind. Next up: The fall of the U.S. Empire and it's replacement by the Chinese Empire.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The finger is hovering over the button...all we need now is a attack, whether false flag or not, to smash that thing. My advice, for what it is worth is to get in shape, make yourself lean and mean and prepare.

There are serious storm clouds on the horizon if the leadership of our nations do not pull their head out of their fourth pont of contact.

I'm worried.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Love it. Close to 4 years after Bush presidency, they are still blaming him. Even the New York Times (one of the most liberal papers) didnt even give Bush that much credit. They never even listed him as a top ten reason for the current recession. Again, no accountability and people simply being brainwashed by mainstream media. Sad sad sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The one that I found difficult to answer was "Your financial situation as compared to two years ago". It's kind of perspective based.

I answered that I was doing better, but am I doing better or has a majority of poeple just sunk to or below my level?

All in all, I'm not suprised by the findings.

Good stuff.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: punctuation fix

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Interesting to see the neutral in the q about Chinese and Russian sabotage. Seems most people think this is mostly on TPTB's head. Otherwise, the results depict the way I voted......

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Companies are still making money with dividends better than the banks.
Make money the old fashioned way and let the corp do the work.
Stocks are going down so don't buy into a loser and check the yield.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I'm surprised of the blame placed on the Presidents...as if the puppets have any power to control what happens in the world. It seems that is all they are good for...being recipients of blame.

The Presidents have three major powers:

1. The present the budget to Congress

2. They appoint the heads of the departments like USDA, FDA, EPA and therefore control how lax or how stringent enforcement of laws and regulations is. They also whether the target of enforcement is the mega-Corporations or the Mom & Pop shops. Think ConAgra-E. coli-tainted beef which was given a pass for months vs the Dollarite Bunnies who got threaten with a 4 million dollar fine for no real health reason.

3. VETO POWER! they can veto bad bills.
This is THE power that makes them responsible. During Clinton's term several bills were passed repealing the Banking laws passed in 1933 &1934 to prevent another Great Depression and a law allowing AIG to "gamble" with CDS. It does not matter whether the Congress was Republican or Democratic the law could have been vetoed by the president.

So yes the President is to blame for what happens during his Administration except in cases where his veto is overridden.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
seems like the blame bush rhetoric paid off. i've seen more conservatively minded people willing to admit that bush and obama both share blame, but very few people with liberal views will admit the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Clearly, the one person to blame for the mess we are in is everybody under the sun.

Close, but I think the mentality is more that the blame falls on: "everybody under the sun but me"!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Wow. The "Absolute Responsibility" bars are pretty tall! Everyone thinks they absolutely know who to blame...Ha! AND it's all over the place, lol...

Well the bankers corrupted the government, which in turned destroyed the laws that kept the US from imploding financially... not to mention the private FED creating all those artificial bubbles...

It's the bankers and the politicians fault alright.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join