It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's a little update on some of the Asia stocks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dd82011d7c9.jpg[/atsimg]

They've made a pretty good comeback from the opening. Still awhile to go before they close, but at the moment, they seem to have been doing alot better than Europe and the US. If Asia finishes pretty well, maybe that will help the other markets bounce back.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

i am seeing red, and why are you suggesting they may bounce back.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They opened extremely lower than they are right now (Sensex still has yet to open). Some are still kind of far in the red, but they were alot lower earlier. Still, they are not doing too well.

Im thinking Europe might bounce back from todays losses if Asia does well, becuase there seems to be alot of fear surrounding the markets recently. If Asia can pull through, they may give hope to Europe and others. Im not 100% sure that will happen though. The past few days have been pretty insane
edit on 10-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sensex just opened. Asia markets still not doing anything spectacular. The markets there seem to be a holding somewhat steady at the moment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb9db97ab7fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Update, European stocks have just opened. So far, they are opening very well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b807b4834272.jpg[/atsimg]

Asia has pretty much closed down with so-so to positive results, (Sensex hasnt closed yet)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98d7809a7998.jpg[/atsimg]

US futures look to be rising at the moment to. Looks like other markets are hopeful since Asia markets didnt slide.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

lets not jump and act like CNN THIS IS GOOD NEWS Crowd, just wait till end of this week and next week.

I really do feel a market crash may be coming.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Whats this? CNN Live Now Claims that american Markets are going to open on a higher note and that its positive i dont think so

edit on 11-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

this is what they do with the increase in the debt limit, they borrow more money, to save their ass...etts!!!
when I looked this morning the dow was up a tad from yesterday's closing....
the game is rigged, and there's no way I would be playing at the present time, wouldn't be pulling any money I have out, but sure wouldn't be throwing more in!! I even heard one of the talking head on cnn telling us lowly investors to just step back and wait it out. it's the big boys playing at the moment. and some of them have enough money to play with to tank any stock they want overnight!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Right. That's why I've batten down my hatches and cut my investments to a very low level and moved the remainder to a stable investment. I'm still buying but not nearly at the level I was, so if (that's a big if) things turn around I should make out okey, but don't need to lose anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ahhh, yes. The Freefall mode. I knew it couldn't hold out for just one day without it. Any bets on the closing numbers? Cheerios.

ETA: Oh, I see. Today's Crunch Catalyst: Asian Banks Commence Cutting Credit Lines To French Banks, Sparking Self-Fulfilling Prophecies
edit on 11-8-2011 by Manawydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Was just watching Donal Trump on CNBC and he was saying the world is in a mess and has never seen the markets like this before, with the huge swings up and down. Was quite interesting given he has been around for a few years to seen enough.

European shares are down in afternoon trading and I understand there is still a lot of concern over the Eurozone situation, which hasn't abated.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Whats this? CNN Live Now Claims that american Markets are going to open on a higher note and that its positive i dont think so

edit on 11-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Looks as if they opened their mouths too soon.

NEW YORK—U.S. stock futures turned sharply lower, erasing earlier strong gains, as Cisco Systems' encouraging results couldn't distract investors from concerns over European debt ratings and gloom about the U.S. economy for long, especially with jobless claims data on tap.

About 90 minutes before the opening bell, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures had lost 88 points to 10637, or nearly 300 points below the overnight highs

online.wsj.com...

China is withdrawing credit support from French banks which fueled the down tick we're seeing now...

One bank in Asia has cut credit lines to major French lenders while five other banks in Asia are reviewing trades and counterparty risk as worries about the exposure of French banks to peripheral euro zone debt mounts, banking sources told Reuters on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

Was that the first salvo in the financial war that is to ensue? Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
And we're off......

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
US jobless rates fell which is a little good news and probably what caused the uptick in futures prior to the fall after China announced cuts to the French banks.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The number of people who applied for unemployment benefits dropped by 7,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 395,000, the Labor Department said Thursday. Initial claims from two weeks ago were revised up to 402,000 from an original reading of 400,000. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had expected new claims to rise to 410,000 in the week ended Aug 6. The average of new claims over the last four weeks, viewed as a more accurate gauge of employment trends, fell by 3,250 to 405,000, the lowest level since mid-April. Meanwhile, the Labor Department said the number of people who continued to receive state unemployment checks decreased by 60,000, to 3.69 million, in the week that ended July 30. A total of 7.48 million people received some kind of government benefit in the week ended July 23, including 3.70 million longtime unemployed who get extra federal benefits. That was down nearly 90,000 from the prior week.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As soon as I post some slightly good news, it's trumped by bad news that the US trade deficit in June was greater than expected. The U.S. trade deficit rose by 4.4% to $53.07 billion in June.

The U.S. trade deficit unexpectedly widened in June by a record $7.9 billion as imports rose and shipments abroad declined.

The $49.9 billion gap was the biggest since October 2008 and followed a $42 billion shortfall in May, Commerce Department figures showed today in Washington. Exports dropped by the most in more than a year.

Stocks plunged after the report, extending a global slide, on growing concern the recovery worldwide was slowing as a report showed output in China cooled and the leader of the Bank of England said U.K. growth will be weaker than previously forecast. Today’s trade data also signaled the U.S. economy slackened more than currently estimated last quarter.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 11-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Weird, look what S&P futures are hovering at:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b2d2bcbe28e.jpg[/atsimg]

What's even weirder is that 1111 on the S&P is down 1.11%

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

It's 9:30, not 8:30.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

All kinds of "coincidences" with this eh? Well some people believe that the "elite" or whomever use subtle signs like that to communicate with one another. As apposed to say, picking up a phone, or sending an e-mail. Something traceable? Who knows...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I was talking about the thread for the day.....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

The seem to be revising previous week's jobless claims upward each week, and wonder how much of this includes those who have stopped looking for work and applying for claims?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join