It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'2nd crash kills 33 US Afghan force'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

'2nd crash kills 33 US Afghan force'

www.presstv.ir

A second helicopter belonging to the US-led NATO coalition has crashed in Paktia Province in eastern Afghanistan, killing 33 US forces on board.

Taliban Spokesman Zabihullah Mojahid claimed responsibility for the crash, which occured in Zarmat city on Monday, saying 33 American troops were killed in the downing, a Press TV correspondent reported on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So I'm not trying to hog the show if a thread like this has already been posted but I just want to get a conversation going about this and haven't seen this thread anywhere on ATS. So a second helicopter just a day later also killed around 30 troops. Either the US is badly losing or the government is throwing propaganda at us left and right.

The first crash supposedly took care of the Navy Seals that died during the Bin Laden raid, and so now this second crash is a distraction from that? Will there be a third crash tomorrow to cover up the one from today? Is that the white house game plan, throw as many helicopter crashes as possible?

Or, we really did lose 30 troops because we're stupid enough to pack them into one helicopter. Nothing seems believable.

Maybe 1 of the crashes is true, this one, and yesterday's was to cover up the Bin Laden raid as well as prep the public for a massive blow...and in doing that, they give the public two stories of war loss. None of this makes sense!

The simplest explanation is that the Taliban or CIA-da or whatever is destroying troops left and right so we should definitely get out now.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another possibility is that the Taliban is just making this information up in order to throw extra weight onto the burden, if that is the case this story should be called a hoax by the mainstream media and NATO government. We'll see if any facts actually surface along with these stories, probably not.
edit on 8-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Diversion from the stock market that is about to umm.. be unpleasant.

and

proganda machine at work as a precurser for war..

or Elenin.

tis strange though

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Diversion from the stock market that is about to umm.. be unpleasant.

and

proganda machine at work as a precurser for war..

or Elenin.

tis strange though

Right, it can always be just a distraction, the stock market, the credit rating downgrade, but they are playing with fire by saying all these troops are getting killed. I guess they just assume the people will be so blinded by patriotism that this 'sacrifice' will just make them more war crazy. Let's hope people have learned their lesson and this senseless war stops. Sure, they want the war to go on and people to be stupid, but it's our job to change that course. Don't stay the course. Quit. It's more honorable than dying in some foreign country because you were the invaders.

This is basically the way I see the entire Afghan invasion

And every other policy for that matter.

edit on 8-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The need to ramp up patriotic emotion so when they go in fully, to save a failing economy, they need the people behind them.

no matter how hungry they are back home.

The horror must stop.. reads the news headlines...

it is unfolding before our very eyes. every day.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Strange...my initial reply didn't appear. Let me try again.

The title reads: 2nd crash kills 33 US Afghan force

Yet the article stated: The incident has reportedly left some casualties, but there are no words yet on the exact number of the killed or injured. The incident has reportedly left some casualties, but there are no words yet on the exact number of the killed or injured.

How can that be? They claim 33 killed, yet no word on exact number killed or injured??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Another one?

What is going on... ?
edit on 8-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Strange...my initial reply didn't appear. Let me try again.

The title reads: 2nd crash kills 33 US Afghan force

Yet the article stated: The incident has reportedly left some casualties, but there are no words yet on the exact number of the killed or injured. The incident has reportedly left some casualties, but there are no words yet on the exact number of the killed or injured.

How can that be? They claim 33 killed, yet no word on exact number killed or injured??

The supposed Taliban, which is really just the CIA, could be making stuff up, but since there have been zero facts for both cases, I say the entire story is suspect. If they are just making numbers up that is playing with fire, and they'll need a new helicopter crash every day to cover up the previous days mistakes, unless they just want people to give up hope but that would lead to an end of war which we know is the opposite of what they want. They will most likely use this as a further reason to "stay the course". Yesterday I saw a news article saying the Seals would "stay the course" because they lost lives, so by staying the course they lost more lives (almost an exact same number, highly coincidental).

I said this yesterday on ATS and I can dig it up if you want (just like Alex Jones lol) that just because a clown car can hold a couple dozen clowns doesn't mean it's the best means of transportation. I said yesterday that the best thing anyone can take from this is to not send 30 troops in a Chinook into Afghanistan. Well, so much for that logic. Whose betting on a third crash tomorrow, or as soon as later today? This keeps getting crazier.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Another one?

What is going on... ?
edit on 8-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

I would like to know. My best guess is that one of these attacks is fake, the other is real. One was used to cover up the Seal 6 deaths, and this one was reported now as a way of distracting from the crash yesterday. It doesn't really make sense but I see no other alternative but that both are real and that is more reason to end the war as obviously the military strategy going on there is next to autistic. If both are fake, then they are just hoping people will get more patriotic the more deaths they see, like a football game or something it makes me sick
Let's stop being the proverbial war mongers and end this war once and for all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Has this been confirmed by any other news source because so far I have found nothing and I am suspecting that it may be that this news out let needs to go back and check its source.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Can anyone verify this as actual information. I see it as a coverup Seal team 6 probably didnt exist pakistan was a safe house they sent in some rookies kept them isolated. Told them new mission and shot them down with paid hit men to keep them quiet. If there were a second crash it would be a cover up too thats why they used afghannis. We havent fought for 10 years and not know how to stay away from the taliban on open ground why would the taliban just now start taking down choppers they werent capable before or scared. Lets remember these people will blow themselves up to kill you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Has this been confirmed by any other news source because so far I have found nothing and I am suspecting that it may be that this news out let needs to go back and check its source.

I can't find it on any other news than presstv and I'm not saying it is a real story as there are zero facts going on and the story itself contradicts the headlines. With two such close attacks to each other it would make more sense if this was a hoax as opposed to losing two helicopters both with about 30 troops each within a couple of days. I'd hope this was just a hoax it would actually make a lot more sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I don’t think it is a hoax I think that pressTV have either been fed false information from their source or they have made a mistake.

Could be that a helicopter has had a minor accident and they are reporting it wrongly

I know that I hope that is the case for sake of the families and troops on the ground.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

I see it as a coverup Seal team 6 probably didnt exist

Are you trying to say that SEAL Team Six does not exist or is that just a typo.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don’t think it is a hoax I think that pressTV have either been fed false information from their source or they have made a mistake.

Could be that a helicopter has had a minor accident and they are reporting it wrongly

I know that I hope that is the case for sake of the families and troops on the ground.

That could be an explanation. Maybe they wanted them to report a second crash to distract from the first, and also make presstv look bad. Who knows, this could go in any direction.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
can not find it reported any place else.

still looking

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Nope, right now I am working on the basis that this crash just never happened.

I hope I am right....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think that report is wrong.

Found this.apnews.myway.com...

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Afghan and American forces battled insurgents Sunday in the region where the Taliban shot down a U.S. Army Chinook helicopter a day earlier, killing 30 U.S. troops and eight Afghans.

So it looks like they went back for the remains of the Chinook and came under attack.
The article go's on to say.

Elsewhere in Afghanistan, NATO said insurgents killed four alliance service members in two separate attacks in the east and the south. It did not provide their nationalities or any other details.

So it's starting to look like they are picking up the pace in there fight back could get messy over there.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

How vast those Orbs must be, and how inconsiderable this Earth, the Theatre upon which all our mighty Designs, all our Navigations, and all our Wars are transacted, is when compared to them. A very fit consideration, and matter of Reflection, for those Kings and Princes who sacrifice the Lives of so many People, only to flatter their Ambition in being Masters of some pitiful corner of this small Spot.

- Christiaan Huygens, (1629 –1695), In Humanity

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

- John Stuart Mill, In Fear

I'll just leave it to men far wiser than I to express what I'm feeling right now.

-Beezzer

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Read the comment section of PressTV, people are rejoicing.

And I think it has been exposed that the previous crash was related to a Taliban trap. It seems the Taliban resistance network is evolving, as America targets commanders, new commanders come and replace them, and if those commanders are fit they will survive, and if they are not fit, they will perish and a new one will come.

It is having the opposite effect, in reality the current operation is making Taliban more and more powerful, as the old commanders are killed, there is a potential of new, free, and more intelligent commanders taking over. This means that not only will NATO be forced to rethink their tactics due to a complete change of operations due to a complete change of commander, but also they will be forced to face a better commanded fighters.

While the US changes its commanders once in a long period, its tactics and strategy has become typical for the resistance fighters, notice the Taliban knew exactly which route the aircraft was going to fly.

I wonder how US chooses its commanders, from what I see, they are complete failures. I know how they choose their policy makers, and they have completely failed in the political arena, but it seems their commanders and generals are doing as bad as the policy makers.

Looks like a decline from where I'm standing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join