It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you feel our country is in distress (USA) hang the American Flag upside down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah, everybody run out and buy an American flag, (made in China) and fly it upside down in order to signal our distress. That will surely make a big impact on our current predicament. How about I just hang a Tea Bagger upside down instead, it'll probably do more good.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why? That would disrespect the real and true America that many men and women have given their lives for. The "America" we live in now is jut a shadow of that America and isn't represented by the same values the flag stands for. How about instead of hanging a flag upside down we vote with some common sense and a purpose in the next election.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

If you disagree with the Tea Party then YOU are part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Yeah, everybody run out and buy an American flag, (made in China) and fly it upside down in order to signal our distress. That will surely make a big impact on our current predicament. How about I just hang a Tea Bagger upside down instead, it'll probably do more good.

AS I "sit" around thinking, what can we do, I consdier many aspects of our nations problems, if we rise to loudly we can be deamned terrorist. To place a flag upside down is a impacting message to the government and the world, it states, we the citizens here in america are in distress. If our government would man-up and stop playing Risk with america we the people of america would nto feel DISTRESSED. ( im personally considering contacting the local media explainign my logic of this and ask if they could run a public opinion, Im trying to do soemthign what are you doing? peace

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

the problem with that is those same people who are going around calling people terrorists is the same people who go around burning flags.

and i do live in the usa where people burn flags and the city can tell people whether or not they can even fly a flag.
edit on 7-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Why? That would disrespect the real and true America that many men and women have given their lives for. The "America" we live in now is jut a shadow of that America and isn't represented by the same values the flag stands for. How about instead of hanging a flag upside down we vote with some common sense and a purpose in the next election.

On page one I placed a link to a photo of the 2 flags I have in my front yard, One is upright, one is upside dow. In this I express my resepct for the military, the law, my fellow americans and america as a whole. The upside down flag represents the distress america has fallen into....where is this dis repsect?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by lbndhr

the problem with that is those same people who are going around calling people terrorists is the same people who go around burning flags.

and i do live in the usa where people burn flags and the city can tell people whether or not they can even fly a flag.
edit on 7-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I knwo legally you can burn a flag that has met its days, overly shayed, holes. There is a proper way of burning it. I do knwo the citiy officials are attemtpign to not allow people to fly theri american flags, yet when a hispanic flys theri flag it is ok.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Flatfish

If you disagree with the Tea Party then YOU are part of the problem.

Well, if that's the case, then just put me down as part of the problem because it will be a cold day in hell before I associate myself with that bag of mixed nuts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Perhaps we should fly 2 flags, One hanging up in support of our military and america as a country, the second hanging upside down representing amreicas distressed government and people?

support our military?

wtf does that even mean anymore?

I 'support' the troops.

Baloney. They're agents of the evil elite and just because some of them do not know that does not make them any better.

They are needlessly squandering my tax dollars in another sovereign land. When they die, they are not heros just dead agent bullet-catchers who are actually good people at heart, but unfortunately cannot break the propaganda they have been raised with.

I like the flag idea however that time has already come and passed.

I will be building a large middle finger out of plywood for my front yard.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

yep those are the people who go around calling people terrorists.

its ludicrious i tell ya ludicrous

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
ATS has been doing this for at least 6 months, probably longer. Check the icon for US Political Madness forum.

Military Times - Home of Hero's

Showing Proper Respect to the Flag
www.homeofheroes.com...

RESPECT is a verb...an action. It is important to always show proper respect for the United States Flag. PROTOCOL defines HOW we demonstrate our respect for the flag. Much of this is spelled out for us in the FLAG CODE. Among these rules and guidelines:

The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've got a hat that has the American Flag upside down that I wear daily.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

Originally posted by lbndhr
Perhaps we should fly 2 flags, One hanging up in support of our military and america as a country, the second hanging upside down representing amreicas distressed government and people?

support our military?

wtf does that even mean anymore?

I 'support' the troops.

Baloney. They're agents of the evil elite and just because some of them do not know that does not make them any better.

They are needlessly squandering my tax dollars in another sovereign land. When they die, they are not heros just dead agent bullet-catchers who are actually good people at heart, but unfortunately cannot break the propaganda they have been raised with.

I like the flag idea however that time has already come and passed.

I will be building a large middle finger out of plywood for my front yard.

showing support towards the flag will show the so called patriots I still luv my country. O have to did play it both ways so when the lench mobs and probably the law show up I cam appease the reasoning.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
:
your a true patriot. Peace.
Edit to add: and I'm not being sarcastic
edit on 7-8-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by intrepid
ATS has been doing this for at least 6 months, probably longer. Check the icon for US Political Madness forum.

Military Times - Home of Hero's

Showing Proper Respect to the Flag
www.homeofheroes.com...

RESPECT is a verb...an action. It is important to always show proper respect for the United States Flag. PROTOCOL defines HOW we demonstrate our respect for the flag. Much of this is spelled out for us in the FLAG CODE. Among these rules and guidelines:

the government is putting America into distress, what is happening will affect American lives and not for the better, therefore the flag deserves to display Americas distress

The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Forget about flying the flag upside down.

Go get a revolutionary war flag such as the Gadsden Flag and fly it ... 24/7. Do it. Pass it along. Get a national thing going here. Let them know that they are outnumbered and WE ARE HERE.

Fly the colors...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

You trying to say something? Seems like you are having a little trouble.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you - cuz thats the kind of guy I am.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Although I think some contexts are fine (like ATS icon symbols, etc.) I would not recommend doing this.

As has already been pointed out in this thread, hanging a flag upside-down is a symbol of distress, especially on the high seas where there may be few alternative ways of signinaling in such a situation.

To many people with naval or ocean-going training, doing this is like writing "SOS - help me please emergency ! " on your front door. How would you feel if you saw this, burst in...and discovered it was just a kind of political or aesthetic symbol, and not a true SOS?

If people abuse this symbol of distress it has the potential to numb us to the signal like the boy "crying wolf," and may indeed put somebody, somewhere, someday in danger if they try to send a signal with an upside-down flag and are ignored because people assume its a political saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4

No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations.

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

www.homeofheroes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join