It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you feel our country is in distress (USA) hang the American Flag upside down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Yeah, everybody run out and buy an American flag, (made in China) and fly it upside down in order to signal our distress. That will surely make a big impact on our current predicament. How about I just hang a Tea Bagger upside down instead, it'll probably do more good.

Many Veterans groups local in your neighborhoods make handmade, excellent quality flags for not a whole lot of money. Mine is made of a silk type of material, very thick and has stood the test of time to the weather and elements. I paid $30 for it, and got it from the Retired Veterans group in my area.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I'm pretty sure there's a law against this....(Go Figure Right) there's all kindsa lil things you can and cant do when flying a flag..I heard you cant fly a flag at night without a light on it legally so might wanna check into it first for your area because with all the civil unrest the authorities aren't playing by the rules right now.....
edit on 7-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: oops

Nope. Not in the US, at least. Only rabid backwoods police would do anything about it. Has happened multiple times since 911 where rabid police have tried to go after people before they are made idiots of by showing them the flag code. It is usually considered a Maritime signal of distress, mayday, but people have adapted it to their yards and homes, cars, etc; quite a lot since 9/11.

Some people have been physically attacked, but no, not illegal, and no treason there, since it is listed in the United States Flag Code.

ETA if you do decide to do this, you may wish to print a copy of the US Flag Code to show in case someone inquires about it. Might educate someone else, and maybe even prompt them to do it

www.senate.gov...

§ 8. Respect for Flag.
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the
flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, state flags, and
organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with union down, except as a signal of dire
distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I'm pretty sure there's a law against this....(Go Figure Right) there's all kindsa lil things you can and cant do when flying a flag..I heard you cant fly a flag at night without a light on it legally so might wanna check into it first for your area because with all the civil unrest the authorities aren't playing by the rules right now.....
edit on 7-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: oops

Nope. Not in the US, at least. Only rabid backwoods police would do anything about it. Has happened multiple times since 911 where rabid police have tried to go after people before they are made idiots of by showing them the flag code. It is usually considered a Maritime signal of distress, mayday, but people have adapted it to their yards and homes, cars, etc; quite a lot since 9/11.

Some people have been physically attacked, but no, not illegal, and no treason there, since it is listed in the United States Flag Code.

ETA if you do decide to do this, you may wish to print a copy of the US Flag Code to show in case someone inquires about it. Might educate someone else, and maybe even prompt them to do it

www.senate.gov...

§ 8. Respect for Flag.
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the
flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, state flags, and
organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with union down, except as a signal of dire
distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Thank you for the link I will defiantly print this is good to carry at all times whilst I show passive protest against this gov that has directly put us Americans into a critical economic situation to which if the gov illiterates leading America don't change their directions America will collapse, America is intact in distress. Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As much distress I feel......
As a Veteran......
I WOULD NEVER DISPLAY A REAL FLAG LIKE THAT!!

Too many vets believe it is disrespectful....

BUT, the stamp idea is awesome I have to admit...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

You can always go online here and find a U S Flag made in the U.S. with U. S. materials and U.S, labor:
www.annin.com...

Today Annin Flagmakers is America’s oldest and largest flag company, remaining heads and shoulders above any other U.S. flag manufacturing company in the United States.

Annin Flagmakers is still family owned and operated and Annin attributes its longevity and success to its dedication to quality and service to its customers. Annin hires the best workers, trains them and gives them the best materials and equipment to work with and from that, gets the best quality flags

As a founding member of the Flag Manufactures Association of America (FMAA) Annin certifies that its American flags have been made in the USA of materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every step of its manufacture were completed in USA facilities with USA labor.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Flying the US flag upside down means you are in dire imminent danger, and you are screaming for someone to come and help you

I believe you are mistaken here sir. Do you have a source? The MIAC documents bear out the OPs take on this and they are the Federal Government working under the guise of a Missouri state agency.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

(a) The flag should never be displayed with union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Yeah, I don't see the word personal there. Therefore I would say that we are indeed justified in using this symbol.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
On page one about halfway down I posted a pic link to how I am displaying the flags, it also explain my logic in hwo I set it up, I think if people read my explanation look at how I displayed it there could be a change of mind in what im doing
i1082.photobucket.com...
2 american flags 2 separate meanings

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join