It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you eat your family?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by floppynoodleson666
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Boom!
There is so much food in nature. Eat that. Not your pets/family.

My family and pets come from nature, don't yours

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I will certainly not be eating my family.

I will be living comfortably on a farm in the wilderness with stocks of beans and rice, water, a generator, and many other essentials. Not to mention weapons just in case dudes like the OP try come for dinner. I will also be able to feed my pets.................

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Don't be a fool. Eat Insects and plants if you can't get game. No need to eat your family or pets.
I am going to bed, you crazies.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Bullcookies

Don't be a fool. Eat Insects and plants if you can't get game. No need to eat your family or pets.
I am going to bed, you crazies.

Isn't this the sole purpose of this exercise foolishness, for god sake catch a fish, eat plants, hunt, or here's a novel idea, plan ahead.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
i'll let you eat my mother, since i ate yours last nite...

(forgive me)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No, not even if they are dead.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

dude....u have issues....if you are seriously thinking this deeply into it....maybe you should start having more kids now

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There's always another option.

So to answer this silly question, no. If you want the human form of mad cow disease, sure, go ahead and consider it an option.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I'm voting you for best Avatar on ATS, PERIOD!

Sorry OP, needed to be said.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Its pretty cool, someone had to say it.

If that avatar came to my house I would be expecting it to try and eat me.

Apreciate the heads up though

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'd eat my neighbor. He's a jerk. I'd make some man jerky for my kids to nosh on.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

cool, so the majority here believe it is ok to eat their neighbours but not their family.

says a lot about things.

none the less tomorrow is the wake up.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NecroDjinn

beat me to it theres a lot of big peeps so we will start with
the biggest but im not going to eat whats already dead you dont
know what they died of you know

cant believe i just wrote that but if needs must then
you will do anything to keep your family alive and well

just hope it never happens

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This has to be one of the most odd posts I have ever seen on here. No I will not eat my family.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I would feed them the guy that wrote this post

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Seriously? Pets, now family.
Can you not hunt or gather plant-food? are you just a sociopath?

also whats with the "(demons)"? explain yourself better or stop these useless threads.
either that; or seek professional help.
edit on 7-8-2011 by floppynoodleson666 because: (no reason given)

it is not useless and i deny all you say.

its about creating a discussion

Why discuss things like that now?..I think to ask questions like this..well before the "time" where it may have to happen is silly. No one really knows how they will react when things become so desperate..so why even dwell on it.

You seem to be caught in some kind of morbid thought cycle... about when SHTF scenerios. ??
You say you want discussion ...but your topics are not worthy of discussion...even if people did EAT people in desperate times..I hardly think they would be discussing it at great length...they would do it, and not tell their loved ones what they are eating.
edit on 7-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I HATE these posts.....

the answer is not a chance in hell.

If I ran out of food I'll find it one way or another and it won't be human, cat or dog.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Some people have been proclaiming "Grow some food, develop food reserves!!!"

I mulled this over, and have been growing some food I don't grow enough to store anything, but rather do it to teach my son about agriculture (a basic tenet of civilization, it is my duty to know the basics and pass those basics on as a responsible human).

But what still stands out at me is that we are in a severe drought. My crop this year failed before it even started. I got a couple of squash, a couple of okra, a couple of jalapenos, and 1 tomato. My green beans failed, eggplant failed, watermelon failed, cucumber failed, onion, garlic, spinach, calabaza, zuchinni...all failed. It is due to the drought, and the fact that our tap water is high in salts. What i got was stunted and crappy.

But what still remains is that the land has tons of native plants that provide more than adequate energy. Does it meet vitamin needs? No, but it meets energy needs.

Instead of advising people to grow their own food, i advise instead to study nutrition and cuisine. Learn how to cook with all manner of ingredients. Learn what grows in your area, and how to harvest it and make use of it. Learn what the local tubers are, as they will almost always be the bigger bang for the buck regarding energy in northern climates.

Will i eat my family? LOL, no. Cannibalism causes a prion disease. If death is coming anyway, i would rather face it with honor. And to do this, i have to make sure i am educated enough to act like a human, and forage for food.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not a chance in hell I'd eat any human even if starving to death, in fact if I saw someone else trying to eat anyone dead or alive, I'd go out of my way to kill him/her, put them out of their misery.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
As things tighten up, no shelter becomes available, your family will need food

What are you going to do?

Where will they go?

How long will you be able to feed them?

Do you make a sacrifice for your family? Do you kill your own family to feed the other members

If you do you will be like 'them'. They want to you sacrifice life. It feeds the (demons), so to speak

Will you sacrifice your family for the sake and would you eat them?

edit on 7-8-2011 by guessing because: added things

Who's them?

And why would you kill your own family - to feed who?

To feed yourself?

Would seem to defeat the object of trying to keep your family alive. Unless of course you are only thinking of them as cattle...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join