It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionist Christianity - a cautionary tale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Bob is an Evangelical Christian in America, a member of the fastest growing movement in America today. Growing in numbers, financing, and world-wide political clout.

One day a stranger approached Bob, and said, "Have I got a sweet deal for you!"

"I'm listening", said Bob, "I'm quite in favor of sweet deals for me."

"Look", said the stranger, "There's this project in the works to get a stone temple built, have you heard of it?"

"Why yes", said Bob, "That's the temple for the Man of Sin to sit in and force the whole world to worship him. I learned all about it in Prophesy class at my church."

"Would you like a piece of the action?"

"What? What do you mean? I'm gonna get raptured before that. I'm not gonna be around for that."

"Ah, yes," said the stranger, "like I said, a real sweet deal!"

"Here it is. There are some people standing in the way of this project moving forward. That's delaying the rapture. All you have to do is lend your moral and financial support for unblocking the obstruction and you get to go to heaven all the sooner! What do you say?"

"Put 'er there, mister!" said Bob, "It's a deal!"

The stranger walked away, a slight chuckle almost under his breath.

Bob put many years of work in, sending money to some temple fund; organizing political campaign drives for politicians who voiced their undying love for the Zionist state, and even posting to forums in favor of Zionism.

The day finally came when the people standing in the way had been eliminated. Hundreds of thousands killed, Millions exiled into refugee status. The stone temple was finally being built. Bob heard a knock on his door. He opened it and in walked the stranger. "Oh, well done Bob!" he said. "Are you ready for your reward?"

Bob said, "I thought I would have already gotten it by now, according to the timeline."

"You do believe you're going to heaven, don't you Bob?"

"Absolutely!, he replied, "100 percent, even if ..." at that moment, the stranger put a gun to Bob's head and pulled the trigger.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So, here's the question: Will Bob be going to heaven? Discussion please.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Anders Breivik: Christian Zionist

Think about that one for a bit.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Anders Breivik: Christian Zionist

Think about that one for a bit.

I have. Some non-mainstream journalists did some fairly good background work, Michael Rivera comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
puff puff pass

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Bob will not go to heaven. There is no heaven.

Bob - and the fellow he sponsored - were both operating under the assumption that there is a "better life" after death. And that in the quest for this better life, pretty much anything is fair game. it's certainly not worth it to invest too much into this life, and the people living around you don't matter, 'cause you'll be leaving them behind; they're not the "elect," after all.

So screw them, screw the world, I'mma go to magic happy land when I die. So you leave the world a worse place, because you were terrified of the thought you might have to cease existing someday, and bought into a fantasy afterlife. Your fear of mortality is ironic, since your belief in the afterlife tends to make you lead a life that's not worth much, all told.

Bob and the man he sponsored are selfish morons who have caused injury to others through their selfishness and hubris.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

heaven doesnt exist... its for weak minded people

but i do understand that the above senario is happening.... not with the gun shot at the end... but with jews, christians, and muslims funding the prophecys of their retarded holy books hoping to end the world. Its really all quite sad.

im just waiting for the day after they all kill themselves and the world can carry on much happier and much lighter.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Bob and the man he sponsored are selfish morons who have caused injury to others through their selfishness and hubris.

That's one definite thumbs down for Bob.

And just so you know, I'm not Bob, or the guy he was working for. Just an observer.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

im just waiting for the day after they all kill themselves and the world can carry on much happier and much lighter.

The gun shot is a literary device derived from the many "make a deal with the devil and the payoff isn't as sweet as you thought it would be" stories I read in my youth.

It took a couple of hundred years for civilization to recover after Genghis Khan, and he didn't have nukes at his disposal. I think a boycott of all this doomsdaying would be a good thing.

edit on 7-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Thank you for that.
I've been doing my own bit of non-mainstream background work, too, if you are interested...I'm particularly interested in the ideological and (to the extent that they exist) theological and cultural aspects of the Breivik case.

While I do not think religion was his first motivator, he stands at one of the fault-lines between fundamentalism and politics and shows just how warped that relationship can be.

Christian Zionism represents an uneasy coalescence for both Chrisitans and Zionists. I feel it is a profoundly unhealthy development, both religiously and socially. It can be of long-term benefit to none involved.

edit on 8/7/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Christian Zionism is an uneasy relationship for both Chrisitans and Zionists, and I feel it is a profoundly unhealthy development, both religiously and socially. It can be of long-term benefit to none involved.

Absolutely, both sides "using" each other for their own imagined gain. Everyone in the world stands to lose.

If the Jewish religious Zionists got everything they wanted, they would be sacrificing animals at a stone temple for a few years before the Christians realized things weren't going according to plan.

If the Christian Zionists got everything they wanted, they'd be sitting in heaven singing and clapping and shedding copious tears of joy while watching massive destruction of life occurring on Earth, including the lives of the very people they praise and send money to today. Quite a disturbing mental picture. IMHA

I think there is a curse mentioned in the Bible for people who dig traps for other people to fall into.

edit on 7-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

id say that there is always hope for forgiveness.

Sometimes the most horrible mistakes can teach the most wonderfull lessons. Its the sinners and those with scars who are most capable of seeing the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Its the sinners and those with scars who are most capable of seeing the truth.

Hopefully they see it in time to change direction, and undo some of the harm they've already done. That's why I wrote the story in as stark terms as possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Minor historical note; Civilization actually gained from Genghis Khan. He bridged the gap between Europe and Asia, re-opened the old Silk Road, and his military successes were a large cause for Europe organizing into actual states (much as how the vikings' migration and raiding spurred the development of kingdoms in Dark Age Europe). For his era, Temujin was actually pretty progressive.No saint, certainly, but by the standards of the day? Alright dude.

Kublai followed up by greatly advancing the sciences and culture in China and by bringing "civilization" to what is today Vietnam (granted he did so in a rather uncivilized manner, but I suspect you're using civilization as a term of politically advanced nation-society)

Hugalu, however... he's the one who destroyed a civilization; his total destruction of Baghdad pretty much sounded the death knell for the Islamic golden age. Even today, a "Mongol" is about the worst thing you can be called in Iraq

...So yeah. Sorry, i've put way too much study into the Mongol empires and their related peoples. Thus the avatar.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Actually based on what I have learned I would have to say yes he would. Why? A simple reason. What has happened to the Jews over the past 2000 years was a bad thing but there is a little detail you must have missed.

IT'S A TEMPORARY LONG TERM PROBLEM. BUT THERE IS A PREDICTED END TO THIS CONDITION.

And while replacement theology is a popular thing with Christians and Muslims their problem is this. According to the Old Testament the Jews and Israelites are under a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. It's 2000 years long to be exact. And my best guess on the subject with some input from Matthew 24 I would put the end of the curse no later than the year 2028.

I do believe at the time this new temple is being built their God will have a hand in it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Of course, if man can fulfil all these prophecies with a bulldozer and a sack of pour 'n' mix, what point is there to god, really?

See, the problem here is a gibbering pack of numpties who want Jesus to come back and massacre all the jews so the numpties can all go to heaven and point and laugh at all the people they don't like who are (of course) suffering torment for all eternity, believe that they have a divine mandate to cram their idiocy down the throats of others.

And then when we kill off a few of these numpties in self-defense, they claim persecution.

I guess what I'm saying is that the biggest problem with Christianity today, is now many lions are going hungry in Africa.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

I do believe at the time this new temple is being built their God will have a hand in it.
Another God acting independently from the Christian God?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

And while replacement theology is a popular thing with Christians. . .
It has been "popular" with Christians from day one, seeing how it is the fundamental principle of Christianity and the subject of parables of Jesus. The Jews rejected Jesus and murdered him, thus rebelling against God, just when He was ready to fulfill the positive promises spoke of by the Prophets. "Replacement theory" is a term popular nowadays with people who want to nullify the founding of Christianity by replacing them with the people with blood on their hands, not just yesterday, but now, today, with the warfare on all their neighbors.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I do not believe in pretrib rapture, So that part I find amuseing.

(Those who endure till the end and all)

GODs true people know better then trying to force his hand.
"Thou shall not tempt the LORD GOD" , Which is what they are doing.
We do not want blood shed, thats the other teams thing.

I get what you are saying though.
They are backing the devil and dont even know it.
You need to have faith in GODs will and trust in him alone.

LOTZA LUV PthHENA
Cant wait to see you get warmed up

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I ran across this series about a month ago which a neighbor here had put it into a reply to some thread. i watched the first 9 parts, and the 10th one just came out with one more coming soon. also the 'truthiracy' guy has a phenominal(?spelling) series called history of police officer. the man has some very interesting knowledge of what is in the vids. You know how when something is truthful it gives you a shiver and/or goosebumps?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

...So yeah. Sorry, i've put way too much study into the Mongol empires and their related peoples. Thus the avatar.

I actually am a Tengri-ist, blue sky and all. I wasn't even aware of Tengri(as a named deity) 2 years ago. So much for a "liberal western education", way too much left out.

It is altogether possible that the later Turkik empire restored the trade disruptions caused by the earlier, 800s-900s invasions. I admit ignorance here, not enough data to form a complete picture in my mind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join