It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker group AntiSec declares 'war' on U.S. police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well it's a fight. They do have multiple targets. Cops who are more than happy to enforce any law and even pervert them to suit their own personal incompetence are a valid target.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well it's a fight. They do have multiple targets. Cops who are more than happy to enforce any law and even pervert them to suit their own personal incompetence are a valid target.

Like anonymous and lulzsec and the other groups are doing?

Again, taking action that they accuse the governmen of taking.

Pot... meet kettle.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Of course.. because meeting illegal action with illegal action makes sense.

You DO realize that "illegal" and "immoral" are two totally separate things, right? I have no problem at all behaving illegally. THere are so many stupid laws, that if i didn't ignore them occasionally, life would indeed be much more difficult. An example:

Yesterday I was driving in Odessa on University. Somewhere around Grandview there was a wreck that blocked off the entire eastbound lane. So all cars driving eastbound were using a church parking lot to detour through. When i came back, the whole road was blocked off to clean up and tow the cars. So both lanes detoured through the same lot.

How many times in my life have I been ticket for crossing a lot to not have to sit at a red light? The reason? Using a private lot for public traffic is violating city ordinance. Yet, this ordinance is discarded for the sake of expediency, while 10 officers look on?

In another example, my neighborhood has 1 street accessing it. When a water main broke, and the whole street was dug up, we had no way in or out of our neighborhood for about 7 days. There is a large vacant lot with driveway access on the curbs that, if you don't mind driving on someones random vacant lot, you can get into our neighborhood. When I asked the city how we were supposed to get in and out, they recommended we use that vacant lot (private property). I asked them if they could smooth it out a little so it wouldn't beat up my car so much, and they said, "It is private property, we can't do that." I asked them how come they were telling me to drive across it, and they said, "Do you want to go home at night or not?"

My whole point is, laws are ignored for expediency all the time. I understand that as an officer the law is important to you. To me, it is a nuisance that does more harm than good. While I am no anarchist, I believe that anarchy is preferrable over what we have now. I would rather defend myself than keep paying taxes to support such a rotten system.

You may fight the good fight, and there may be many officers with you who do. But you, unfortunately, work in what appears to be a cesspool. You cannot get angry at the people when they use a broad brush to paint various organizations that they pay for only to have those organizations victimize them.

Maybe some innocent victims will be hurt by Antisec, maybe not. It may just be a price that must be paid to right this ship.

In your "if 1 person dies" statement, realize that if only 1 person died from the actions of Antisec, that would be less than 1% of the wrongful deaths caused by police misaction/inaction this year.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No offense meant to all the people that are defending these actions but I submit for your consideration the following:

1) you who support anon/lulz actions need the police for something serious like oh say you were beaten or shot, but noone responds, guess what... you die, your family suffers, yet you think it's ok to cause disruptions so.. hey part of the game right?

2) even worse, these people release personal info about these cops and one of their wives, small children gets killed because of it, do you still support what they are doing?

Sorry, but this is way over the line and any respect I had for the ideals is now gone, I will not be party to even seeming like I am supporting an organization that would place my life and lives of those around me in jeopardy because some people got arrested for ......... wait for it.........breaking the law.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Our freedom is something that has to be fought for and never taken for granted. There are many laws in place that protect economy before people these are things that need to change.
I have seen the police being used as political tools.I have watched them break the arms of young women for peacefully sitting down and refusing to move. I Have seen them cut peoples ropes as they protest in trees and watch them fall to the ground and be taken away in ambulances. I have seen lines of policemen with the ID badges removed as they go into clear peaceful protests. Yes respect is something that should be earned and as an authority they have not earned mine.
Breaking the law in acts of civil disobedience is an intergal and healthy part of the democratic system and is certainly more empowering and effective to the individuals than voting.
I dont think all policemen are evil and crooks I think the system in place has inherent problems that need to be addresed.
As for being apathetic to voting, well the political system appears to have been hijacked. Here in the UK the majority of people in the country where against the war in Iraq. Both the leading parties however were for it. Where is democracy when the politicians do not listen to the will of the people...
We need new ways of doing things. I would like to leave the world a little bit better before I die. If people like you continue to defend the ways things are done and we do not change the way we do things, we will continue to make the same mistakes we are making now...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Civil disobedience is most certainly an integral and important part of being an American. Important enough that Thoreau wrote a book about it, entitled "Civil Disobedience".

thoreau.eserver.org...

Anyone who hasn't read it is strongly encouraged to. This is one of the great minds of American history.

"I became convinced that noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good. No other person has been more eloquent and passionate in getting this idea across than Henry David Thoreau. As a result of his writings and personal witness, we are the heirs of a legacy of creative protest." - Martin Luther King, Jr, Autobiography

edit on 7-8-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I comend the hacking actions and I support them. What some of you are failing to realize is that we pay the police! Not only by breaking laws and getting ticketed, but with our tax dollars. Therefore we should be their boss right? We should have the damn right to request transparency and we should expect it....After all they make their money by criminalizing you and me for bogus laws thought up with one thing in mind (Money)...Expose the corruption, and if it means innocent police will suffer the consequences so be it. If you don't think they deserve it they you are the ignorant one.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

I am all for exposing corruption but so far I have not seen anything even close to this coming from Operation Anti Security. They should hold off on the leaks until they have damning evidence.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is great. They are putting the final nails in their own coffins.
The punks who got caught are gonna get the maximum sentences and I will bet anything that these actions will be cited by the judges as part of their justification.

What a bunch of dumb fu##s screwing their own guys when they are bent over helpless in jail.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes of course. Keep all the corruption from our public servants secret and allowable!! Why would you want to change things that are so perfect and working well?

So what if a few people get abused by the police that make up their own laws on the fly. This definitely will not hurt as many as those it will hurt that are going thru the screwed up legal system.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

This is great. They are putting the final nails in their own coffins. The punks who got caught are gonna get the maximum sentences and I will bet anything that these actions will be cited by the judges as part of their justification. What a bunch of dumb fu##s screwing their own guys when they are bent over helpless in jail.

Im sorry to inform you, but our Anons are soon released from jail, justice decision.

Anyways, so much uneducated opinion from you is getting now funny, in all your post about Anonymous, we can read the same hatred and the same uneducated opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"You are losing the cyberwar, and the attacks against the governments, militaries, and corporations of the world will continue to escalate," AntiSec said.

nuff said

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

"You are losing the cyberwar, and the attacks against the governments, militaries, and corporations of the world will continue to escalate," AntiSec said.

nuff said

Just more proof that the agenda needs and is getting further pushed to get all those internet regulation laws passed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

This is great. They are putting the final nails in their own coffins. The punks who got caught are gonna get the maximum sentences and I will bet anything that these actions will be cited by the judges as part of their justification. What a bunch of dumb fu##s screwing their own guys when they are bent over helpless in jail.

Im sorry to inform you, but our Anons are soon released from jail, justice decision.

Anyways, so much uneducated opinion from you is getting now funny, in all your post about Anonymous, we can read the same hatred and the same uneducated opinion.

Cool, that just gives further evidence that Anonymous is a government operation. I couldn't get out of jail free and neither could Joe sixpack average guy.
You guys are terrible at being anonymous when we can all see you for who you really are.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
While I am no anarchist, I believe that anarchy is preferrable over what we have now. I would rather defend myself than keep paying taxes to support such a rotten system.

In your "if 1 person dies" statement, realize that if only 1 person died from the actions of Antisec, that would be less than 1% of the wrongful deaths caused by police misaction/inaction this year.

As usual, some very salient points going down there BFFT! How ya been man?

More and more I think people are realizing that somewhere along the way, evil took hold of the justice system, and it is not letting go. With every passing day it sucks more and more otherwise decent people into it- on both sides of the law. It makes me question if the founding documents are insufficient. It seems they lacked enough safeguards to prevent total takeover by rogue cabals of special interests.

Would total anarchy actually be better? I don't know. But if opposition groups keep springing up they way they have been, one day we just might find out. People are slowly stopping paying taxes, true, but I don't believe that is the main problem. The main problem is the ridiculous spending. And particularly on the military. If those resources are not reallocated, we will end up like Mexico, Columbia or worse.

Antisec is defacing some police websites, sure, but what about when the cops deface you, for real? Over something as simple as video taping them? You can't video tape a cop acting illegally, when you are paying them to protect you? How messed up is that? :shk: You might be right that anarchy would be preferable. The only way I can sympathize with Antisec's cause is the claim against a corrupt justice system. Because that part is most definitely true.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

nuff said

Just more proof that the agenda needs and is getting further pushed to get all those internet regulation laws passed.

the funny thing that i have noticed is the disconnect that cops experience once they join "the force" they forget that they are part of society too and can get screwed by the government just as easy.....I have friends that are sherrifs and they are always complaining about the economy and such....yet it is because of them that it will never be fixed....they will stop the protests that they really should be sitting in also because of an order that came down the line from their superiors.......what's going to happen when america takes a dump and everyone is homeless and trying to defend themselves? are you going to think back and say, "man, i shouldn't have stopped these people from trying to stop this"?..... you will! i promise you........these people would not be able to get away with what they are doing to america if it weren't for the police to be their hired henchmen to keep the people at bay and so tptb can continue unabated with screwing this country.....

this gives incredible insight into the stanford university prison experiment, where students took on the roles of gaurds and inmates... amazingly, it got out of hand and it showed exactly what happens to people once they are given authority over others.....works for police too....
en.wikipedia.org...

this is a must see video that explains the same experiment.....will shed some light on much....officers are MORE than welcome to watch this......in fact, it is suggested that officers should see this.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just can't get behind these people who would burn good cops and bad, coast to coast with reckless abandon and apparent disregard to which side of that line any one cop may fall. These aren't storm troopers off the DeathStar who'll return to some unseen place the cameras never show when the scene is over. These are Americans with families and the same hopes, dreams and insecurities as everyone else. They also happen to do Police Work for a living.

If I might make a suggestion, in case any of these hackers happen to be skimming this thread... Please keep in mind there is a find line in any war between a rebel corps that civilians support....and a renegade element the public gleefully helps hunt down and put down. If the hackers here have the access and the skills they certainly appear to have, then drop the idea of burning every single man wearing a Uniform that happens to have personal information in the files.

Do something useful and MEANINGFUL! Go hack the Internal Affairs Division or whatever the equivilent is as the local department changes and turn THOSE files public. Go inform everyone, BY NAME, what cops have been involved with misconduct issues the public never even suspected had happened. Let us know who the bad cops are, by name and specifically WHAT makes them bad cops... That would DO something and HELP people rather than blindly attacking and doing serious harm to the entire law enforcement system..without which, we'd all better be good with firearms because that's Plan B for staying alive. There is no Plan C.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i do have to say that these hacking attacks will give fodder to our currupt government to shut down the internet.....the sad thing is, people will let it happen with only a whimper because the police forces will be on alert for anyone who tries to fight the government for their rights back......odd conundrum indeed....the people are more afraid of the cops than they are of burglers.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join