It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker group AntiSec declares 'war' on U.S. police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
lets join irc bot net your a a mule dont think supposed followers know anying about ϞϞ (卐) ϞϞ irc jack net

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Xcathdra

Total and absolute transparency of any entity that uses taxpayer monies. If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be afraid of complete and total audits into expenditures and operations. Not just law enforcement but all agencies that are funded by citizens taxes. Anything less is an open invitation to corruption.

edit on 7-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

If you have nothing to hide then going through security at the airport, or allowing the police into your house at anytime they wish should be no problem then as well right? Dont ever use that argument if you are not willing to use the same rules on yourself.

Police invesitgations dont become a mater of public record until they are closed out and the courts ajudcate and all appeals are done. Prior to that the Pc statements detailing the charges are a matter of public records. Your insistence on open transparency runs counter to the protection of not only victims, but people who are accused of crimes, who retain their innocent status until the government proves its case and convicinces a judge or jury of the person guilt.

Going down this road not only undermines the system, its screws over the victims who now have compromised evidence that can no longer be used, its witness tampering since people no longer have the ability to remain confidential until after the proceedings, it intimidates victims oif sexual assaults who already have a hard enough time coming forward to confront their accuser, and it undermines the concept of innocent until proven guilty by unfairly accessing and releasing information about a possible suspect, where as that information may not be admitted into court.

Where do these people decide that they get to become judge jury and executioner when they decide the system doesnt work? These people apparently have no idea how the legal system works or law enforcement for that matter, and are going to do more harm to the people than to the government.

They are now going after facebook... At what point are you guys going to wake up and realize these people are doing the exact same thing they accuse the government of doing? They dont like facebook, so they are going to attack it.

If the Government did that you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

Civil dispobedience and protesting is fine.. Going down the road these people are is not only dangerous, its going to get innocent people killed because they are too arrogant to take the time to understand the consequences of their actions. Nothing like violating the Constitutional rights of others simply because they want to one up the police.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Officers enforcing just laws in a just manner should have nothing to fear if the public knows their names and addresses. In smaller towns, many people actually do know where the sheriff and deputies live. Even officers in large cities that carry themselves in a polite manner during the performance of their duties usually don't mind if the neighborhood knows they're a cop.

Now those guys that think becoming a law enforcement officer is a license for free reign to act like a billy-badass while disregarding the same laws which they're supposed to uphold as part of their duties... Those are probably the ones most worried about things like staffing rosters and contact lists going public.

Anyhow the point is that accountability shouldn't be something to be afraid of, provided it hasn't been misused and treated as a one-way street. They're making it sound like the release of such info is worse than it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Of course.. because meeting illegal action with illegal action makes sense.

when the law has no respect for humanity, humanity should have no respect for the law...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Officers enforcing just laws in a just manner should have nothing to fear if the public knows their names and addresses..

Then you and everyone else should have nothing to fear by placing your full name, address, social security numbers, naming every single member of your family, there personal information, where you all live, where your spouse works and where your kids go to school.

If you have nothing to hide then there should be no problems with you and everyone else abiding by your own rules in this case and releasing your info as well.

Where you and others view is wrong is the thought process that Police Officers are required to divulge all of their personal information simply by virtue of being employed in a public service sector. Police are not elected and have the exact same right to privacy that you and any other working individual has.

Attempting to play the nothing to hide game, which by the way you all bitch about when you think the government is doing that to you, while downplaying the release of information by saying they have nothing to worry about demonstrates exactly why you guys dont think about consequences.

Cops still have enemies, even when doing their jobs legally and above board. When the first officer, or their family members get killed, what then?

What excuse will you and the others use then?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

when the law has no respect for humanity, humanity should have no respect for the law...

Humanity shouldn't have to respect any laws unless they agree to them generation by generation. The law needs to learn to respect us. Illegal is so taboo nowadays but at the same time it means nothing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

And stereotyping and generalizing all Law Enforcement as crooked should be met with Law Enforcement stating you and everyone who belongs to anonymous / siumilar group are nothing but terrorists bent on the destruction of the United States.

See what I did there.

Quit being stupid and assuming all police are evil and crooked. Secondly, you and the others need to take a government 101 class and learn that the police DO NOT make the laws, the legislative branch does. Talk about demonstrating a complete and total lack of education about how government works.

If youhave issues with the laws, including the ones that prevents law enforcement from turning over any and all records prior to the conclusion of a case, then take it up with the group who makes the laws.

Also, feel free to lay some of that blame on yourselves for being apathetic and lazy when it comes to voting and holding your reps responsible for their actions.

You guys are absolutely clueless and you are hitching your wagon onto a group who are doing exactly what they accuse the government of doing.

Respect is a 2 way road and is earned, not just given. Maybe you should try to respect the system and work within it instead of being lazy and trying to take the easy road?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

And generalizing and randomly lashing out at agencies who have not done anything wrong makes no sense at all. These tools are going to do more damage to the people than to law enforcement, and they are too arrogant to see this.

I'm only quoting this one, but I agree with all of your posts here.

There really aren't that many corrupt police officers out there, you just don't hear about Officer Bob Brown who let a minor speeder go with a warning, or when he gave a kid a free ice cream coupon for wearing a helmet while biking, or when he stopped two thugs from breaking into your car last night. That doesn't make for good news.

For every one corrupt officer they hope to ruin by releasing this info, they'll put twenty to fifty GOOD, HONEST officers and their families in jeopardy. Not smart at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I really wonder what the founding fathers would have thought of hacking, taxes, and the like nowadays. I bet they would say we were screwed...then again they would not understand hacking and consider it a death sentence/treason. But it be like the founders reading the constitution to parliament before they signed it and expecting parliament to wear earplugs.....it is that easy. And it is our own fault.

So much for independence. (and I am liberal-I just lost hope in this country since a coke-head-alcoholic was elected that had no public speaking ability in the most important speaking position in the USA)
edit on 7-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Hmmmm...

A liberal.....

blaming Bush for all the problems.....

while offering absolutely no solutions to resove problems.....

wait.... wait... nope... not surprised.

Instead of constantly whining about Bush, how about we concentrate on the here and now? Constantly telling people its someone elses fault does nothing but eventually lead that person to the conclusion that you arent serious at all about fixing anything.

When a company replaces their CEO with another CEO, that new CEO doesnt go to the board meeting after 2 years and say sorry, I inherited someone elses problem, and thats why its broke.

They didnt hire the CEO to tell them who is to blame.. They hired him to to fix the problem.

Feel free to share that with your liberal friends and Obama.

On the off chance you dont know that story, it can end 1 of 2 ways. The CEO knuckles down and starts to fix things and enjoys a long career, or they fire him and replace him with another CEO to get the job done.

Moral of the story - quit living in the past and blaming Bush. Your guy got voted in, so either dance with your date or leave the party to make room for others who want to dance.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I don't think we can blame obama on all of things that bush set in motion....not to mention it isn't like obama could have repealed everything bush did.

It takes a lot of work to change a decision in our government...it can take years. Just because obama hasn't "fixed" everything doesn't mean he caused the problem to begin with. The economy is dynamic and blaming obama is very short sighted of you.

It is like me blaming your mom for you being born...it is her fault on a lot of levels, and she raised and influenced you, but you can't really blame her. Just like I can't really blame your significant other for the problem (you) either. It is a lot more complicated than that.

...and I would gladly give solutions, but they don't matter unless everyone agrees on them. With the way you talk you will just call it liberal bullshi+

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

You have completely missed my point, however your response is the party line response. Please show me where I blamed Obama for anything? Our current financial issues didnt start under Obama, nor did they start under Bush. They started waay back in the day when our nation was formed and we opted to assume the debt at that time for the revolutionary war.

What I am saying is enough with the I inherited or George W this. We dont care anymore... We have heard it on a daily basis for 2 years now that Bush is to blame.

What I want to know is what is Obama going to do to start fixing things. To date I ahve not heard anything, other than the debt deal to push off that issue until after the elections in 2012.

As I said, a newly hired CEO cant use the excuse I inherited this mess. Thats the reason they were hired, because there was a mess and it needs to be fixed.

Constant finger pointing doesnt resolve anything.

You know this.... I know this..... I wish government would get the clue...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Okay I will try to play nice. I agree, we need to stop pointing fingers. We need to start working together, shaking hands and start fixing the problems this country is in. It doesn't really matter who is at fault for the issue we are in, the fact is-it is where we are right now and we need to do something about it.

I don't feel like obama has been slacking. I think he got a crap job and 4 years isn't a long time. It is better to keep him in so that he can follow his plan further. A new admin will just slow things down, but we keep flip-flopping. We essentially blocked ob's power when we voted in so many republicans.

The parties need to start working together or this country is doomed imo.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by adraves

Completely agree on this part.

As for the other, we will need to agree to disagree

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adraves

Completely agree on this part.

As for the other, we will need to agree to disagree

Then we can agree that all the other crap doesn't matter right now. Right now we need to all work together to fix this situation, and once we are stable again, we can all blame the other party or china....ahh china.

Seriously though. The two parties are sabotaging each other and that is not in this country's best interests. I know times are hard, but lets stop backstabbing and get on with making this country reliable again.

The other stuff doesn't matter in the long run really. (I am pro ron paul if that means anything to you)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It does when the legal means fail. Considering that they're going up against the people who make up these "laws" it makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

It does when the legal means fail. Considering that they're going up against the people who make up these "laws" it makes perfect sense.

Considering they arent going up against the people who make the laws their actions are fail, as well as based on ignorance.

Police dont make the laws, the legislature does.

Maybe they should start there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Police are the storm troopers behind the facist legistlators. It makes perfect sense to get them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Police are the storm troopers behind the facist legistlators. It makes perfect sense to get them.

Not even close, but thanks for proving my point about stereotyping, generalizations and ignorance on how the system works.

Going after the cops changes what exactly? The laws are still there?

As I said, learn how the government works and focus on changes, instead of lashing out at the police because of ignorance. The simple fact they are going after police reinforces the notion the reasons for the attacks are based on BS and nothing more.

If they were serious about effecting change they would go for the soruce and not a group who cant change it. They are just using the change as an excuse to act like vigilante anarchists and nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join