It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

my family in Europe uses Facebook to stay connected and know they are fine and well. facebook is bit important now in my family. and honestly paying for a home phone costs a fortune.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
if they really want to destroy facebook completely, gather evidence that facebook is selling personal information to the government.

it would be a HUGE news story and people would boycott.

i think they are actually giving away information.

so no sell required.

facebook has to many questions about the how when who and why's of an individual

SIGTHTF

...in progress.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Do they?

You'd be surprised the amount of people that I told about this with evidence who didn't know governments were able to look at their accounts and who didn't know they still couldn't get much privacy even with the strictest of private settings enabled.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

skype is still free
so is AIM and MSNmessenger and yahoo

there are loads of ways to keep in touch

Anyway, the point again, is there are many, many, many more people who don't know they're being used, than we can ever possibly wake up by word of mouth.

Oh, and I also was not affected by the paypal thing

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

if they really want to destroy facebook completely, gather evidence that facebook is selling personal information to the government.

so no sell required.

facebook has to many questions about the how when who and why's of an individual

SIGTHTF

...in progress.....

Thing is, would people care?

As long as FB says "it's ok, we'll make sure your accounts are fine, nothing to worry about" they'll shrug and continue. That's if they even care at all to need an official FB statement like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Probably people who don't have half a brain, they probably don't even know you can be tracked with your cell phone either...... I know it's pointless to try to hide my info, they always get it one way or the other.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Probably people who don't have half a brain, they probably don't even know you can be tracked with your cell phone either...... I know it's pointless to try to hide my info, they always get it one way or the other.....

That's unfortunately true.

In fact, just yesterday my brother told our mother about the GPS app on his phone and showed us the map that showed exactly where he was in the world. She touted it as great, I told them both it's been going on for years in phones and that governments can hack in etc which neither of them knew about before.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

you think thats bad, my best friend told me yesterday about this new show she happened to catch the end of and thought it was really interesting - a friend that I've discussed conspiracies with a million times in the past... guess what show it was
Ancient Aliens

Just an example of how people are not as aware of things as we think they are.

ETA I might should add she was buying into it, hook, line, and sinker - without question - just because "it made sense"
edit on 6-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by guessing

so no sell required.

SIGTHTF

...in progress.....

Thing is, would people care?

As long as FB says "it's ok, we'll make sure your accounts are fine, nothing to worry about" they'll shrug and continue. That's if they even care at all to need an official FB statement like that.

people will care when they are hungry or in jail
people will care after the fact.
thats why we are in the lead as far as being aware of the care

facebook is nothing more than an information gathering tool and it will be exposed very shortly

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

that's just a technicality. they could get tax breaks based on how many assists facebook gives for all i know. point is, if facebook is giving away personal information to the government, and that fact was made public, there would be a huge outcry.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by guessing

that's just a technicality. they could get tax breaks based on how many assists facebook gives for all i know. point is, if facebook is giving away personal information to the government, and that fact was made public, there would be a huge outcry.

and it will be, without question a massive deal.

My guess is, to get it to that stage will involve considerable effort.

it will be much easier to actually disclose in public, ufo's are real

i am all for taking facebook down, because it is a complete destroyer of the family and society as whole.

So if anon is doing the work for me , hail anon!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Privacy? Ha! Cameras on every corner, TSA fondling at the airport, tapping and hacking cellphones, no knock warrants, using credit reports to hire people, and a whole list of obstructions to privacy. It is a thing of a bygone era, and infringements upon it are only going to continue. I think our buddies at Anonymous are late to the party?

So Anonymous is out for Facebook, and are crusading for the right to privacy? More power to them, but chances are it will only cause a minor dent in the global control grid? Most everyone has a dossier of sorts on their character. It is a sign of the times. I would hope people who participate in social networking would be a little more protective of their personal thoughts, views, consumer interests, and other private matters. However, that is not the case for most on there.

People release their information at their own risk. That is my personal opinion, and people do not need a group of hackers to tell them what they can and cannot do on the internet. It is all a matter of choice. What they are doing is taking that choice away by this latest threat. It is the same kind of actions a totalitarian regime would use to cut off communication or censor. No one is bending anyone's arm to join Facebook or any internet group. I suppose Mountain Dew is going to have a windfall leading up to November 5th?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Text Black
Remember
Remember
The 5th of November
The gun powder treason and plot
I know of no reason
Why the gun powder treason
Should ever be forgot.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

^^^Don't trust this guy^^^

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

i thought of buying a monocle to wear around for the fun of it with a friend and act like a complete stuck-up douche with a fake mustache and top hat.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

your right!

so next is self preservation. things are getting ugly, at least on paper

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is why I don't follow ATS on facebook...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sorry, but I don't buy it. I smell honey...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Why would they announce the day of the attack? I'm sure Anon is working faster than that so they can have the government restrict everything on the internet..... It's like Anon can't wait to stop internet freedom fast enough, go ahead guys get a move on, do exactly what the gov wants you to do and hurt a lot of people along the way.... This is Anon's policy!

Thats the problem, We dont know who is really behind anonymous, for all we know it could very well be a false flag operation in order to cease control of the net.

The thing about being anonymous is that, anyone can be anonymous, it is a two sided blade.

Originally posted by krakencampbell
Text Black
Remember
Remember
The 5th of November
The gun powder treason and plot
I know of no reason
Why the gun powder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Seems like V for vendetta is the inspiration, would be interesting if this fictional prophesy actually came to be.
edit on 7-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

This is a conspiracy forum, so obviously we're prone to see things that others might not, but common sense is common sense. Why would you warn them 3 months ahead of time, and give them time to defend. During that three month period, information is sure to leak on the boards, and they will be ready. In my mind, they're walking into the wind with this one...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join