It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

08-06-11 the moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry for the quality its my first attempt.
used a 900 X 4.5" reflector w/20mm eyepiece and handheld camera.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is there a question, point or statement to this thread?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Cool. It's the Moon.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Good job!........get yourself a tripod

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good grief, everybodies so damn sarcastic, and smart ass. Cant someone just post something for the pleasure of sharing and getting constructive criticism.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This should be in the Gray Area
edit on 6-8-2011 by mr10k because: in after be

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I apologise, i did not mean for that to come across as sarcastic. I wasn't sure if you had forgotten to write a question. To be honest your video really does show the scale of epic that the moon resides at. Star.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Cohort

Good job!........get yourself a tripod

yea i plan on it, just doing some experimenting tonight.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro
I apologise, i did not mean for that to come across as sarcastic. I wasn't sure if you had forgotten to write a question. To be honest your video really does show the scale of epic that the moon resides at. Star.

No problem my friend,and thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
nice! What kind of telescope do you have? I would like to have one for my daughters to look through(and actually see something) but don't have 1000's to spend on one...any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Bushnell 788846 Northstar Reflector Telescope - 900mm x 4.5” about $270.00

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Great shot. It looks like an extremely clear night.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Thanks! I will check it out..this year they are getting a microscope for christmas...but maybe next year..I will research in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

That is really cool to see through the telescope. Very nice.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Cool, I think I have one of those, or a comparable one. Looks to the lowest setting. At least on mine, the lowest magnification puts the moon in full field of view. Incidentally when I lived at 'the farm' I had 300 yards to the river tree line we used to drive golf balls towards. At 300 yards, 900 feet, I could get a golf ball to fill the field of view at the highest setting, and actually read Titleist!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
Good grief, everybodies so damn sarcastic, and smart ass. Cant someone just post something for the pleasure of sharing and getting constructive criticism.

Look, we all are personally proud of our personal projects and seemingly accomplishments. But really, to post something like this on ATS and want praise is a bit over-wishful thinking I'm thinking.

I found nothing great or good in your shaky image that required my several seconds of attention that I did give to it on the outside chance that perhaps it was something of substance.

And you should be made aware that the word "moon" is spelled with a capital M=Moon.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Look i never said i wanted praise, i said constructive criticism, seems like everybody on ATS tries to shoot everybody down. Oh Sorry Moon with a capital M, happy now?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort

Look i never said i wanted praise, i said constructive criticism, seems like everybody on ATS tries to shoot everybody down. Oh Sorry Moon with a capital M, happy now?

You have half learned your lesson. Next, produce something that is worthy of our attention and positive comments.

Oh, another lesson is that you can't demand a certain type of response.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Listen, im not going to play games or argue like children, all i wanted to do was to share a little something
with the community and ask for some constructive criticism . Im sorry your life is so messed you have to try to make yourself look smart by degrading others. If you feel the need to teach "lessons" please do it elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The one odd thing that seemed to stand out is the shadow line,seems like someone just stuck a piece of paper across the moon, for effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join