It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

08-06-11 the moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The constructive criticism is the use of a tripod. Beyond that would be some kind of motion tracking mechanism and software to drive a camera link. Some folks have some very sophisticated setups in this community, they are to be commended and enjoyed, you don't have to be discouraged by just getting your toes wet and felt a new sensation you wanted to share. May your enthusiasm take you beyond the hardware store variety telescope someday as you can afford.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

he doesnt need a tripod - he needs an adaptor tube to mate his camera to his telescope

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

S&F - 10/10 fore effort and dedication - 2/10 for not having an camera adaptor tube

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
eh, this is WAY better than my first attempt at shooting the moon, from the hip.
Good job...Keep at it!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Actually, I noticed this by chance late last night.

The moon was awesome last night. I looked it up and found out it was 1st quarter moon.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

2 points to make.
1. try to make an adapter to hook the camera up to the telescope-eyepiece. a flat plate that attaches the camera to the telescope will do, you should have seen some of the contraptions I made long ago when I started out with astrophotography.

2. Look at software like registax (www.astronomie.be...), that allows you to take a movie, and then selects the best frames to compensate for atmospheric abberations, and do some sharpening and contrast stretching on it (registax can do both), and then sit back and enjoy your hobby.

Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

I have a Digiscoping Adapter on order, hopefully it'll make it a little easier,plus my scope has build in tracking. So maybe ill have steadier,clearer movies soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

what camera are you using? My first camera adapters were made from toilet rolls and duck-tape, lol, and after that some PVC tubing

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Well right now its just a point and shoot digi cam. Agfa Precisa 1430 to be exact. But im saving up for a "Real" camera, any suggestions on one?

Lol sounds like me with duct tape and bubble gum,it'll fix anything

edit on 7-8-2011 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Keep that camera for now, until you've learnt how to produce acceptable results, and see if the bug bites you. If the bug bites you, you will pretty soon want a tracking mount for the telescope, etc, etc, etc...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
reply to post by cry93

2 points to make.
1. try to make an adapter to hook the camera up to the telescope-eyepiece. a flat plate that attaches the camera to the telescope will do, you should have seen some of the contraptions I made long ago when I started out with astrophotography.

2. Look at software like registax (www.astronomie.be...), that allows you to take a movie, and then selects the best frames to compensate for atmospheric abberations, and do some sharpening and contrast stretching on it (registax can do both), and then sit back and enjoy your hobby.

Good Luck.

Really, without all the show and fanfare I really enjoyed the view of the moon last night. It was from my patio view on the 2nd floor.

I needed no enhancement, especially after viewing the night sky via APing. But the view did make me curious.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
Good grief, everybodies so damn sarcastic, and smart ass. Cant someone just post something for the pleasure of sharing and getting constructive criticism.

i left you comment on yt(xoen6).
Keep trying, mate, i can imagine how difficult this was.
edit on 7-8-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join