It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by blupblup
See.... I said from the start... we don't know the guy shot at cops.

I also was first to say about Jean Charles de Menezes....

This STUNK from the start and all the morons posting daily mail quote like they're gospel... about him shooting cops....

Absolute BS.

Sigh...

Yep, I've been saying the same thing ..... gut feeling there was something wrong about the story.

A huge thank you to the Guardian for posting the facts as they become available.

If there is more death and destruction because of this report, i will be amongst the first to remind you that you endorsed it.

Feel free, your attempt at moral blackmail won't work. Have you thought that the truth being told might actually reduce the violence? Have you thought that the irresponsible reporting about the reasons for the violence prior to the facts emerging might have fuelled it? I don't suppose you have.....

edit on 7-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Post deleted.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
poor unemployed? lol the most discriminated people in the uk are white workink class males, forgotton about in favour of foreigners. wheres the white riots?

its a free for all, no more or less, like robbing from your own home and family. not quite cricket is it?

round em up and put them all on a remote scottish highland, airdrop them food and water. make them thankful or they will never learn. Where is the british army? i would wager they are eager to respond.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
See.... I said from the start... we don't know the guy shot at cops.

I also was first to say about Jean Charles de Menezes....

This STUNK from the start and all the morons posting daily mail quote like they're gospel... about him shooting cops....

Absolute BS.

Sigh...

Yep, I've been saying the same thing ..... gut feeling there was something wrong about the story.

A huge thank you to the Guardian for posting the facts as they become available.

If there is more death and destruction because of this report, i will be amongst the first to remind you that you endorsed it.

Feel free, your attempt at moral blackmail won't work. Have you thought that the truth being told might actually reduce the violence? Have you thought that the irresponsible reporting about the reasons for the violence prior to the facts emerging might have fuelled it? I don't suppose you have - you seem smugly ensconsed in your self-righteousness.

You are assuming that that those who recieve the info are rational human beings.

We are not.

Suck up the measure of guilt perpetuated of blood spilt endorsed by you.

Aint happened yet.

But IF it does I will remind you x

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ive did some searching for more coverage on these riots, but it is pretty hard to find updates. So far, this isthe most recent article Ive been able to find

www.perthnow.com.au... ?from=public_rss

VIOLENCE flared across London in the early hours of today, in a second consecutive night of chaos that saw police cars and buildings set on fire, officers assaulted and widespread looting.

Youths vandalised a patrol car and smashed shop windows in the northern suburb of Enfield, just 5km from Tottenham - the heart of the troubles that were sparked Saturday night.

A standoff between at least 200 rioters and police ensued, with police using batons and dogs to attempt to disperse the mob, while a helicopter hovered overhead, the Daily Mail reported.

Meanwhile across London to the south in Brixton, reports were emerging of gangs of youth looting shops and pelting police with bottles.

Im also listening to that radio station another member posted on the previous page. This seems to be the only up-to-the minute coverage. From what Ive heard on the radio, it seems that people are just running around, looting and breaking things, not really a protest anymore, just a free-for-all.

www.lbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i suspect we are not hearing about the robberies and gang rapes.

i hear them talking on l.b.c about females and short skirts, may be it will be the females fault. they are also not talking about the homes being raided, people assaulted with iron bars and so on.

they will also not discuss the mass exodus from london as no one is safe there.

i wonder how many families are sat with weopons in their own living rooms worrying about possesions?

im so glad i dont live in london, move north my friends and unite.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Just to quote the first few lines of that story EvanB mentions from the Guardian:

Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

In other words all those apologists who have come here to support police action, instead of waiting to see the results of various reports, didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Yes, its great to quote the Daily Mail - also known as the daily hate, or Murdoch's gutter press mouthpiece The Sun, but most people who are more rational know by experience to not trust the initial police line.

How about thinking a little bit before making judgements both about police, rioters and Duggan?

Other dubious police statements... I read today that a senior police guy is saying twitter is responsible for the further riots... how deluded are police officials allowed to be before they get removed from their post? If this guy thinks twitter's responsible, he is completely out of touch with the community he's policing and should be removed immediately from his job before such stupidity causes more trouble...

Deplume's video link to YT is defintely worth a look. An eye witness describes how the police set upon the 16 year old girl with batons; this was a kick off point in the eye witness view. He also states that the media and police reports aren't true in ter,s of damage and injury...

Deplume's link was faulty, here it is again: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount

Originally posted by Atzil321
The police have shot an unarmed man to death in broad daylight on an english high street.
Then blatantly lied about being shot at first [turns out the bullet in the cops radio was a police
issued round] and in the meantime the British press portray the guy as some hardcore
gangster and gun toting lunatic, even though his family and community maintain he was
a peacful family man and loved by all in his local area.... What a f###ing disgrace, and a
lot of the racist bigoted and kneejerk reactions around here have been just as shocking and
disgracful

Do you have a source for this info, please? If it's true this is truly huge.

ETA: Apologies, I hadn't seen the link to the Guardian article when I read your post

Oh and I agree with you about the bigoted, racist knee-jerk reactions and accusations. I hope they now feel as disgusted with themselves as they did with others.

Just goes to show how the garbage gutter press has brainwashed and programmed so many people. Like zombiies they swallow the hate-filled garbage and run with it

First time poster long time lurker.......

Omg , that is all I can say. How hard done by are these rioters? Has not britain treated these people Well???????!?????! is not every person in britain a rich man? are not these people better off in the uk than their mother or fatherland? Talk about biting the hand that feed you or what. What do these people think the indigenous people of this land think?
What a great advert for the bnp , that's all I can say.......
Tut tut tut.

You are assuming, wrongly, that I hold a certain point of view with regard to those who are rioting.

I think I've already said it on this thread, but I'll say it again - I don't condone violence, and I think violent riots have the effect of undermining other peaceful protests.

Having said that, I do not trust the government or their agencies, or their agenda. I have said from the very beginning I think there's more to this story. For me something doesn't add up.

Now we are reading in the Guardian that it may be the case that the victim of the police shooting didn't fire a shot. The details are yet to emerge, if they ever do.

Of one thing I am certain, policies have been implemented and stragegies enacted over years by a group of criminal mafia in power behind the scenes of our government with a view to destroying social cohesion.

So, when considering a situation like this I try to always keep the bigger perspective in mind. In my opinion it is not impossible that these riots have been /encouraged/instigated by TPTB.

It seems that people's memories are so short. It's only a few months ago that it was proven that the police had insinuated agitators into peaceful protests to create violence. It was also proven to be the case in Canada at the G20.

Given this level of crime and corruption at the core of the gubberment and its agencies, it seems wise to question everything.

Sadly, Murdoch's garbage newspapers have brainwashed people into immediate, knee-jerk responses of racism, anger at other social groups, etc, which plays right into the agenda of those who wish to reduce us all to total serfdom and worse.

I don't condone gratuitous violence but I refuse to allow their nefarious games to distract my attention from the root cause of the problem - the stinking corruption and secret agenda of the criminals who have usurped control of our country and very soon our whole world.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Originally posted by freethinker123
Just to quote the first few lines of that story EvanB mentions from the Guardian:

Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

In other words all those apologists who have come here to support police action, instead of waiting to see the results of various reports, didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Yes, its great to quote the Daily Mail - also known as the daily hate, or Murdoch's gutter press mouthpiece The Sun, but most people who are more rational know by experience to not trust the initial police line.

How about thinking a little bit before making judgements both about police, rioters and Duggan?

Other dubious police statements... I read today that a senior police guy is saying twitter is responsible for the further riots... how deluded are police officials allowed to be before they get removed from their post? If this guy thinks twitter's responsible, he is completely out of touch with the community he's policing and should be removed immediately from his job before such stupidity causes more trouble...

Deplume's video link to YT is defintely worth a look. An eye witness describes how the police set upon the 16 year old girl with batons; this was a kick off point in the eye witness view. He also states that the media and police reports aren't true in ter,s of damage and injury...

It has been clear for some time that they are looking for excuses to curtail social media - because it is a threat to their total control of people's communication, and a means by which truths are shared and peaceful, legal activism is organised.

If I was in the police and wanted to enflame a riot,to whip up public support for more repressive measures in society generally, as instructed by my Ubermensch, I would use the kind of tactics they seem to have used, in the kind of locality they were in and I would allow it to escalate....the results of such actions in an already volatile community are very, very preductable.

edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

You are assuming that that those who recieve the info are rational human beings.

We are not.

Suck up the measure of guilt perpetuated of blood spilt endorsed by you.

Aint happened yet.

But IF it does I will remind you x

Why not focus the attention of your sick threat onto those who are murdering people en masse all over the globe. Ask the people of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya about bloodshed, mate, then talk about guilt.
edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

The government & media are to blame for this whole mess. I don't condone the violence and theft, it's disgraceful, but you have to laugh at the hypocrisy of Nick Clegg. He called stealing from electrical shops as opportunistic theft. Something these MP's know only too well. I bet the amount of money these MP's have stolen from the tax payers is a lot more than the valuables stolen from those shops over the weekend. Apparently the police are now getting in on the act of squandering tax payers money. It's blatantly obvious where the rot in this country emanates from and the government are the ones who need sorting out. Unfortunately most people frankly just don't seem to care, so I can only see things getting a lot worse.

Police forces slated over £1.1m bill for ‘flash cars’ for senior officers
www.walesonline.co.uk...

How undercover officers squandered millions of pounds, with flash cars, luxury flats and up to 14 hours' overtime a day
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
Police credit card spree on beehives, lingerie and luxury jewellery... and it's all charged to the taxpayer
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.frugal-cafe.com... efficiency-agency-includes-lingerie-jewelry-castle-lodgings-beehives-karaoke-equipment/

edit on 8-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I agree. Some of these business looted are run by some of the most corrupt and dirty people on the planet. Its all a load of hypcoritical bull#. These riots are justified, and there is no other way to take on the police or government because they consistantly change the rules and goalposts so they never lose.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

So do you think that it will do good or pour more petrol on a flammable situation?

Use your head!

Report it absolutely!

But at a different time!

Do you want our capital to burn or something?

Whats YOUR agenda here?

These riots have NOTHING to do with the shooting of Mark Duggan, they serve only as a distraction to the real story.

By slamming the guardian for reporting the TRUTH about a possible MURDER of a man in broad daylight, by police... I would say the one with the agenda is YOU!!

My "agenda" is the truth.

What I said was common sense.

Even the family of the man who was killed said that they did not riot in their name and called for calm.

Why inflame the situation?

No what you said was BS.... pure crap.

Nobody wants riots... everybody wants calm, I have seen no support and no sympathy for these criminals and the nation and local communities have condemned these actions.

The family also said it's disgusting that the police haven't been comforting the parents, haven't spoken to the family about the incident and haven't come forward with any statement about the incident.

It stinks of a cover up and your comments are truly unhelpful and possibly worse.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I could not agree more. If the bullet found in the Officers Radio is correct, that is was a police BULLET which was found and nothing else.. The Police murdered this individual. Another attempted cover up by the Police. Exact same when, they tried to cover up the death of Ian Thomilson, and when they tried to cover up thier actions over the shooting of the Individual whom was killed on the Tube.

This will infuriate the already volatile situation even more.

Can anyone confirm, this for me, was a 17 Year old girl attacked by a Police Officer on Saturday with a Baton before all the violence started?

I want to post this:

Watch what the report says at 4:40, and why is there no reports about this on the British News Media?
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If Mr Duggan pulled a weapon on the police as we are currently being told he did, then he got what he deserved and his family still have my sympathies.

If he didn't, and was shot illegally, the the officers commuted a crime and should get their punishment.

At the moment, no inquiry has been completed and the facts are unclear.

however, regardless of which of the above statements is true, the scum on the streets of London causing all of this destruction of the weekend couldn't give a flying fork! They're not attacking government because they want justice, they're not attacking the police because they want fair treatment, these tossers are attacking Curry's because they want a new plasma TV, and Footlocker for a pair of Nikes.

To ATS'ers not in the UK, don't be led into thinking this is a race issue, or a civil liberties issue 'cos its not. This is pure criminal greed and vandalism.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Can anyone confirm, this for me, was a 17 Year old girl attacked by a Police Officer on Saturday with a Baton before all the violence started?

I heard she was 16 and yes, 3 or 4 officers hit her with batons and this sparked the trouble.

Watch what the report says at 4:40, and why is there no reports about this on the British News Media?
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

What about the disassociation and so on?

Sky news had a guy on earlier who really spelled it out and hammered the government for cutting funds to these poor areas and that the youths in the areas feel like they have no future and so on.

Was quite a long interview.

In fact here it is, A very good interview.... I'm amazed Sky news let him say what he said

edit on 8/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The UK govt has stolen over 1,000 billion pounds from the British people to further fund the greed and irresponsibility of the banks. They have stolen from the poor to give to the rich.

Now we are told we must face cuts to social services to pay for this while the bankers carry on living the high life. There is no record of exactly how much the people of Britain have given to the banks. There is no schedule of repayment. There is no penalty for defaulting on re-payment. Does this sound like a normal 'loan' to you?

It is time now for the people of Britain to rise up and take back our country from the hands of the guilty collusion of politicians and bankers. We must fight the power - TOGETHER. Together we are strong. Together we outnumber them. The state will persecute us, slander us and, like as not, try to eradicate us.

Be strong, be fearless. They are cowards, we are the brave. Let us cure our nation of this sickness. Let us once more have a green and pleasant land. A land where we are fairly treated as equals. Where money is spent on critical services, not insane govt policies and excessive bureaucracy.

Every govt acts with impunity. An unwritten agreement exists to guarantee that they will not prosecute their predecessors, however serious their crimes, that they too can get away with murder upon leaving power. We must demand change. We must demand an end to this unwritten agreement.

We, the people, must demand true justice. If it is not given, we must take it.

Zanoni

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
Henry Ford
edit on 8-8-2011 by zanoni7 because: Added quotes

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well if it was the BBC, which is meant to be publicly owned, not government owned.

They would have edited his interview.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I know... I was amazed they gave him the time they did.
Good on him man, he raised some pretty good and serious issues.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Thank you for updating the link.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that people have turned a legitimate protest over the death (murder?) of Mark duggan into an excuse to loot as much as they can, and 'kick off'
Someone last night was saying on twitter that it's all about 'disaffected youth protesting government cuts'
I'm not sure how robbing McDonalds, gets their point across if this is the case?
I don't even think this can be used as an argument anymore..

I think the we need to watch the situation with the IPCC and Mark duggans death very closely though..
Because if reports are true, and this is just a police cover up, the s**t may be about to seriously hit the fan..
The outrage among that community could make last nights looting of currys look like a picnic..

And no, metropolitan police.. this isn't ''inciting violence using a social networking site''...

(INB4; Police shut down twitter)
edit on 8-8-2011 by Deplume because: Missed a word.. derp

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join