It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party Republicans Are Responsible For The Ratings Downgrade

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
Ron Paul called it. The REAL father of the Tea Party is saying www.newsmax.com... how there will be a backlash from the real Tea Partiers. The tea Party was co-opted by fake ass conservatives like Palin, Bachmann and Perry. If you don't vote Ron Paul, you vote for debt slavery for yourself, your kids, your parents, your aunts/uncles and grand kids for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!

Do you know the irony?

While many people are dismissing the man, he was actually saying something rational.

I am not voting in this next election, but I do find some truth is Paul's approach.
edit on 8/7/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They are calling for the retirement age to raise to 70. How do you like paying taxes for 54 years and still having #ty roads and having everyone in the world hating your country??!! Don't worry your kids and grand kids when they are at the working age will be forced to work until their 80 to continue the tradition. Unless.........YOU, do something about it!!!!!!!!!!! Or you could continue to be a bunch of pu**ies and continue the tradition.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

The ONLY man in politics that can walk the walk. Even if you are on the fence, how can you not vote or write in man that does what he says?! Re-consider your option, please!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You're clearly brainwashed by your messiah Obama. Read this and educate yourself.
www.humblelibertarian.com...

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Tea Party Extremists ... you mean the people who insist on not spending money we do not have? What a bunch of nutcases.

link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
They are calling for the retirement age to raise to 70. How do you like paying taxes for 54 years and still having #ty roads and having everyone in the world hating your country??!! Don't worry your kids and grand kids when they are at the working age will be forced to work until their 80 to continue the tradition. Unless.........YOU, do something about it!!!!!!!!!!! Or you could continue to be a bunch of pu**ies and continue the tradition.

Bring on the pain now!

link   
PLEASE STOP POSTING ON THESE TROLL THREADS.
Anyone with half of a brain knows who's to blame and it aint the TP.
Why argue w/these government trolls?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by watcher3339

sigh
they wouldn't have to "save" as much or spend as little if there was a larger revenue stream.
Corporations and the wealthy used that wealth to buy the government and get politicians to vote in tax breaks that worked to the benefit of those wealthy corporations and indviduals....

It ain't gonna happen.

The REAL money is all nice and safely tucked away in trusts and foundations and corporations. The only thing they can tax now is WAGES. You may think it taxes the "Wealthy" but it doesn't touch anyone but the higher paid lackeys and small business people stuck in the USA.

General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt has been tapped by obama to lead

General Electric, the nation’s largest corporation, had a very good year in 2010.

The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.

Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion....

Its extraordinary success is based on an aggressive strategy that mixes fierce lobbying for tax breaks and innovative accounting that enables it to concentrate its profits offshore.

www.nytimes.com...

THAT is the key.
Thanks to the WTO, NAFTA... we no longer have tariffs to protect our businesses and to deal with " innovative accounting that enables international firms to concentrate their profits offshore." AND to move part or all of the salaries of their top people "Off-Shore"

Slap an office in a low tax country and make that the headquarters where the top people have their primary office. Bingo you avoid heavy US taxes.

IF you TAX IMPORTS you will tax those corporations AND protect US jobs.

That is why the fight is diverted to tax or not tax WAGES and Corporations they do not want people to think about taxing IMPORTS, the real gold mine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a762eced0ec.gif[/atsimg]

Here Crim we agree. It is disgusting that the U.S. Jobs Czar runs a company that has just determined to outsource a huge number of jobs overseas. I tried to get people on a thread about that worked up enough to start an email bomb campaign of GE and their corporate clients. But, ATS is all talk and no action. Very few, if any, actually took part.
IF you could get people to start that up again I promise to come up with three nice things to say about the Tea Party if that is what you would like me to do!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by disiswhoitb

You should perhaps not conclude that since one doesn't like the tea party GOP. . . one loves Obama.
They both are ruining America!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by sdcigarpig

First of all, Bush is responsible for 6.1 trillion of the new debt out of 14 trillion, Obama is 2.4 trillion.

WHERE WAS ALL THE DEBT OBSESSION WHEN BUSH WAS DOING WORST?

ALL OF A SUDDEN A BLACK DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT AND THE REPUBLICANS GO CRAZY OVER DEBT.

WHERE WERE THEY WHEN BUSH WAS DOING IT?

THE LAST TIME THE DEFICIT WAS BALANCED BTW WAS UNDER BILL CLINTON! GEORGE BUSH SENT THE DEBT INTO THE STRATOSPHERE

Well I guess, that explains it, like all Democrats, we have to blame the other guy. That is always the policy of DC and glad that it continues here down on main street, it was the other guy who we did not like. Yet fail to consider, that for 2 years Obama and the Democrats held the majority in congress and the federal government and could have done something about it. But gee what was the agenda, pushing a mandate that we did not need. Well Bush started something and yet it seems like Obama and the congress, that was controlled by the Democrats did nothing to reverse any of those policies or laws that they crafted when they had the majority. They held the supermajority and did nothing to do that.
This problem has been building, through both republican and democtractic controlled congresses, and not one person said wait a minute, this is a bad idea, we need to stop and think. Not one said hey lets not spend that money, lets cut down the debt. The last time the idea on taxes were raised, they not only wanted to do an income tax, but also at the same time have a vat tax, and gee it was a Republican senator who stated that it would be monsterous to have.
This problem was not caused by one person or adminstration, however, it was bound to happen. Years of a lack of fiscal discipline and a bad tax code is what caused this. And guess what this is going to hurt, and hurt more, as now Congress has to cut more out of the budget or face another down turn in the credit rating. The debt has to be brought down to bring back the credit rating. That means that the focus has to be on paying it down and not giving out more hand outs to anyone at this time frame, and it is going to be achieved with fiscal discipline and a new tax cuts that closes the loopholes that allow companies to get away with not paying taxes, and encouraging business growth in the US.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The trouble with the economy is not the debt. It is lack of growth.

At least Obama tried to do something with the stimulus; maybe it didn’t work because it was too small.

Remember he did come into office with the worst economy maybe in American history.
I am not defending Obama because I don’t like him from a progressive prospective and think the stimulus was too small, but the tea party has no legitimacy because they are hypocritical and have little integrity and are a one issue group that just so happens to be on the same side as the super rich and powerful forces in the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

THE LAST TIME THE DEFICIT WAS BALANCED BTW WAS UNDER BILL CLINTON! GEORGE BUSH SENT THE DEBT INTO THE STRATOSPHERE

A "deficit" is, by definition, an imbalance. Your income doesn't even begin to balance your outgo, hence you create a deficit between the two, an imbalance.

Deficit spending cannot be sustained indefinitely. When you're digging a hole, and you simply refuse to lay down the shovel, the hole eventually gets big enough to qualify as a grave.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

It only takes one bully on the playground to curve others' behavior. All parties large and small have resorted to bullying as bulling is an easy tactic that is proven to work.

All parties are to blame, but the root of the problem is bullying. How can we teach our children not to bully others on playgrounds or in social networks when our leaders use this business tool to such great effect? Also note the party members tend to bully openly and publicly using their real names in most cases. Anonymity is not a strong factor in bullying.

The rating agences are downgrading the US because bullying has worked and they can not predict which bullying group will get their way next. Basically our government is now only reacting to bullying and is no longer leading.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It should be noted the last time the budget had a surplus was in 1955 .. Clinton did not have a "ballanced budget", there was an issue that the Federal Reserve the Treasury decided could be solved by stopping the issue of new debt aside from roll over for an extended period of time (to strengthen the Dollar, deflation). To cover the ballance of cost to run the Government, Treasury "did accounting tricks" just like they did from May to July of this year, to cover the cost.

Those "tricks" essentially amounted to looting Social Security and Medicare accounts (a seperate taxroll than Income Taxes)

The money Clinton stole from SS has never been repaid. It amounted to almost 800 billion dollars.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Not to mention let the bush tax cuts expire, and do bigger cuts. possible double/tipple then what we have.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What happened to the US? The only country with the balls to bestow upon man freedom the world had never seen before. Now I've got to get a building permit to erect a tool shed on my own propery. In fact, I can't even live inside a camper on my own property, because it violates building codes. You wanted big government, you got it. Scumbags across the globe, I hope you're happy. At what point will people wake up and claim the freedom they're endowed with?

edit on 8-8-2011 by Guidance.Is.Internal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Americans are not free and they are not brave (Patriot Act and TSA). They stand bye and watch their wife's and daughters get mollested at the airport, piss and moan on forums, pay taxes to a machine that kills people all over the world, watch people with some real balls stand up for themselves and won't care until they are eating out of trash cans to finally realize it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by eNumbra
- Tea party becomes an official political party and politicians run under it's banner and some even get elected.

When did that happen?
It only took a year to go from "there is no tea party, we are just ordinary Americans" to suggesting they are an actual party and won seats running in it. Some people forget history and some make it up.
You best take some ginseng for that shoddy memory of yours because that's what actually happened. Tea party started small and was then co-opted after growing into a movement with an actual name. You can even find this information with a very quick search of the Internet: tea party even has it's own party symbol, shield and sash if I recall.

I don't expect you to believe me, that's fine; lots of people prefer to stuff their ears and shut their eyes when someone wiser then them is speaking.
edit on 8/8/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal
What happened to the US? The only country with the balls to bestow upon man freedom the world had never seen before. Now I've got to get a building permit to erect a tool shed on my own propery. In fact, I can't even live inside a camper on my own property, because it violates building codes. You wanted big government, you got it. Scumbags across the globe, I hope you're happy. At what point will people wake up and claim the freedom they're endowed with?

edit on 8-8-2011 by Guidance.Is.Internal because: (no reason given)

Don't you realize that it is for your own good??? DUH!!!!
Yeah, lost freedoms are hard to regain.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Yes keep pointing fingers and pretending the Tea Party is the bogey man. The fact of the matter is that both Democrats and the Republicans are at fault for the downgrade. No single group is responsible for this. They were warned about where the cuts had to be at, and the compromise fell short, so we were downgraded.

Half right.

The GOP Leadership and the President and the Democrats agreed to where the cuts had to be at.

And it included "revenues" and entitlement reforms which the S&P said was neccessary.

The S&P explanation statement says precisely that...they wanted a longer term, bigger deal that included revenues and entitlement reform.

And the TP said NO!! and hammered on Boehner until he backed out.

Is this where the TP Conservatives pretend they weren't on TV saying a default by the US gov. wouldn't be any big deal?

It is noble at times to rise above blame, but is also ignorant to dole out amnesty to folks who loudly and pridefully took responsibility for the gridlock and resultant half ass deal.
...that is just nonsense.

The Tea Party owns this. They happily delivered a punch to the crotch of the struggling US economy just to let the world know they could. These people don't compromise because intelligent decisions are a "turn off" to their lizard brains. Any debate that doesn't center around if "Obama is hitler" or not is just to much work for their angry heads and the economy will stutter until rational minds regain control of the GOP or they are voted out of Congress.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join