It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party Republicans Are Responsible For The Ratings Downgrade

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Sorry, I cannot accept nor drink your kool-aid today. I mean no offense but what planet are you on right now? You can point the finger at whoever you want for your own satisfaction but as far as I can observe it, all parties involved were responsible. It was politics at it's best in the hours of some of the worst economical standings this nation has ever faced. I hold them all accountable. Every last one of them.

I just love how people blame a specific group fro something with so many across so many groups are involved in.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is no good reason why Bush Tax Cuts couldn't be dropped. If they were looking to make cuts on assistance to the poor, then cuts on assistance to the rich should have been a no brainer. That little greed stance cost a lot.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

The debt is a big part of the problem with the US as it stands. Unless you happen to have the trillions of dollars to spend to pay it off. Obama, followed Bush by promoting and spending money under the idea of It is too big to fail concept. So that means every one of those companies that got money, cause they were failing, did nothing to help out.
And the money is not coming back anytime soon, most of them sat on it. So there is part of the problem, reckless spending that adds to the debt total, so where does it stop? Do you live on a budget? How about your neighbors, your family everyone in your neighborhood? I know I live on a tight budget, as does my family, and neighbors and neighborhood. The debt has always to be taken into accounting, as that is what we owe to our creditors, and we can not just ignore it. Where is the justification of spending billions if not trillions of dollars if the money is not coming in to cover that? No, the debt is a major part of the economy.
So that means if the country is only getting 10 billion in money in, it can not spent 50 billion, cause now you have debt that has to be paid off, and it is a game of catch up, to try to either pay the interest, which is all the US is doing, or pay on the principle, which the US is not doing. And it grows, which means that those who come after us, will have to take up the reins and pay for the spending that is being done today.
This problem has been growing and it is not the first time a country has had this kind of a problem. If you look back in history, one of the leading causes of the French Revolution was that the monarchy ran up a debt and its currency ended up tanking. Germany after World War I, was another where they had a huge debt and their economy tanked. In order to stop this from happening, they are going to have to cut more from the budget to stabilize the national economy and start paying off the debt.
Countries who lend money to other countries, weight the actual debt of that country versus what it has coming in in the way of revenue. If the balance is where the debt is too large, and revenue is too small, they are less likely to lend any money to that country, or does such at a higher interest rate. That in turn affects the ability and avaiblity of credit to the people. So there you go, the higher the debt the more expensive credit is, the less likely that loans of any kind are going to be made.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beansanmash

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Yes keep pointing fingers and pretending the Tea Party is the bogey man. The fact of the matter is that both Democrats and the Republicans are at fault for the downgrade. No single group is responsible for this. They were warned about where the cuts had to be at, and the compromise fell short, so we were downgraded. Either party could have walked away and waited for a better deal to come down the pipe, but instead they danced hand in hand right on the backs of the American people once again!

edit on 8/6/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ....things

if the tea party didn't act like insane people because they wanted to make a point and/or bring Obama down, and waited another year until the economy was more stable to enact cuts, then we wouldn't be in this mess and we would be much better off.

Quit getting your information from the media and do some research on your own. The tea party is the minority. They don't control ANY house. How in any way can they stop something from happening? They can TRY to get people on their side... which every party does. Obama and his administration has led this economy further and further in debt. If they had waited another year to try to do anything we would be in an even bigger mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join