It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AURORA BOREALIS during the day!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I already explained #4 was just for my own comparison. I found #4 on google when searching for images of AB's that had the colors I did. Again, just for comparison. It is just a artists render.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Anyone who has already downloaded the images would you care to post all of them in sequence in the thread?
Second line

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Looks more like high altitude clouds being lit up by sunlight.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not a very scientific way of doing things I know but if i was to look only at your third photo in the original thread I would automatically say that it was taken around dusk. The lighting on the sunflowers tells me that this photo was not taken around 3pm unless you have dusk at that time. I also asked a family member who didn't know anything about this thread what time he thought the photo was taken and he also said dusk.Your cant blame bad camera quality on the light as you have a pretty decent camera.

Sorry to say but I'm choosing the "fake" route.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

As you can see it is also cloudy.

It's dark because of a storm. Thanks.

www.tropicalweather.net...

I know the time and date are off. I took the photos at 3PM, The storm and most of it's cloud's passed by 5PM and the only sun showing was the sunlight that could break threw the trees.

I will take pictures tomorrow in the same direction as these photos to show you how the light looks on a clear day, or a cloudy say. I will take it at 3PM. Expect more pictures of how a normal sky is.

If i felt safe enough to give random people my address they could also look up on Google Earth on street view, of my backyard. It would also show you that this light was going from EAST TO SOUTH!!

Sun sets on the west.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The images are 2.5MB and up, way to big for the forums.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

These were in the east too.
www.flickriver.com...

So were these:

uniquespacesorganizing.wordpress.com...

talesfromechocanyon.blogspot.com...

www.flickr.com...

Your pictures are not aurora. They are clouds lit by the sunset.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank's. Aside from this post of yours there was one decent post on the front page too. I agree it is the sun, but the way it moved through out the clouds like it was a rolling light is why I titled it AURORA BOREALIS during the day! If this happened at night it would more then likely produce the same results. I will say tho this is the first time I have EVER seen sunlight roll within clouds like this. It really did look like to me, like the light was trapt in the clouds.

Phage. You went on earlier about the time stamps, please look at the time line of the photos, even tho the stamp is wrong you can still see every photo were taken within a 10minute period.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here you go all!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fac66ee06a12.gif[/atsimg]

The new images are now in the folder as well.

www.ao1-squads.com/FSABDTD/AUG7th.JPG
www.ao1-squads.com/FSABDTD/AUG7th2.JPG

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The Sun sets in the west on the equinox, it sets more to the north during the summer and more to the south during winter, and the closer to the nort pole you are the more to the north it sets during the summer, that's why there is the midnight sun.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner

www.ao1-squads.com/FSABDTD/AUG7th.JPG
www.ao1-squads.com/FSABDTD/AUG7th2.JPG

Thanks.

Nice looking sky.

The magic voice of conscience hiding inside of your camera says they were taken 9 seconds apart at 14:10:27 and 14:10:36 (2:10PM) on August 7th.

Please accept some unsolicited and equally worthless advice from someone that doesnt care either way...

Quit while your ahead.

I am sure you mean no harm but you have been caught being less than honest.

Consider for a moment that the more popular forums see dozens of variations of this same story every month that end the same every time.

Consider as well that some folks have developed very deep, complex and reverent belief system's around some extremely speculative idea's and could interpret a harmless laugh at a ludicrous idea as a personal attack.

I cant speak for anyone but myself, however a moderator could technically interpret your actions as a severe enough violation of the terms and conditions to warrant the first of three warnings issued prior to a permanent ban.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

Make a bit more positive contribution with your next few posts and your "joke" will be smoothed over and forgotten in no time at all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join