It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AURORA BOREALIS during the day!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well the photos in the OP are very clearly of clouds* and probably taken near sunset, hence the reddish glow to them. They are not at all unusual.

* except pic #4 which is obviously not part of the photo sequence and presumably was added in error?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Well if you are right about the EXIF information I don't have an answer for that and as I said I had never heard of auroras in the daytime.

Maybe I am just too naive and believe people too easily. Why would someone want to post pictures from one date and claim they were taken on another.

Will you be needing any help getting your foot back out of your mouth?

No I can manage that myself thanks!

My apologies to you as it would seem you have indeed uncovered a fraud. I am wondering what the OP has to say??

Still all friends I hope? After all, the OP is the faker, not you or I.

yup. Why not. I can admit I am wrong and I never bear a grudge.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I've seen pic 4 before, it wasn't taken with the other photos.

I believe that it's there as a comparison, since it's file name is comparison.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Good form and thank you for recognizing my miserably poor wit in the harmless spirit intended.

Next time it may well be my turn to stand corrected. Your humility and good natured civility, when it would be just as easy to toss another barb, speak well of your character.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Seeing that in photo 3 the "aurora" is only visible on the clouds and not on the sky, I think we can say that this was not an Aurora Borealis.

Also, even in day darkened with clouds, the luminosity is much bigger than what we get during the night, even with a full Moon.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The exif data also shows that all shots were taken in auto mode with normal exposure rates of 1/60 or 1/20 and an ISO of 80. No way were these photos taken at 3pm and to photograph aurora you need to be using much longer exposure of up to 30 seconds to capture them and that's at night time when they are actually visible.
So we are left with a deliberate attempt to mislead us and this is no more than a HOAX, especially since the other photo seems to be out of place. I could of accepted that it might of been a case of misidentification had it not been for the lies about the time and the real aurora pic thrown in for good measure.
The Kazakhstan co-ords should of been the first sign.
edit on 6-8-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi. I am just curious. I read your thread this morning and there was a link that showed a video , rather than Still Pictures. The link is gone now. What happened to it?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I hate to double post but what happened to the video link from this morning...????

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
The Kazakhstan co-ords should of been the first sign.

The coordinates point to the US.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just a heads up. With how many trees are around me and how tall they are, when I say sun set it's because the sun is already behind the trees. Please take note again that this light was traveling East to South.

Even if it was the sun why would it look like it fades out, like what a lot of you say happens to chem trails.

Also, if you look at the rest of the photos you will see parts where the sky looks as if it's been cut in half by this "light". Looks As if it was being stopped by some invisible wall.
edit on 6-8-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Do you have something to say about the EXIF data?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

There was never a link to video because I didn't take one.

edit on 6-8-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What is EXIF data?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I am not a TROLL .. I did see a video of the Still pics and my point in asking was not to DisCredit your Thread but rather to share it with others as more of a proff !!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
SORRY GUY'S. LINK #4 is www.ao1-squads.com...

I found that image just to compare colors. However I found it to be just a artist's render of sorts. Sorry for any confusion !

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's the data that's attached to your photographs.
The data that tells us you used a Canon PowerShot A590 IS, and that the pictures were taken on August 1 at around 7:15PM.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Sorry then. If you had a "slide show" of the photos it's because you downloaded my image folder and opened them on your computer. That is the only thing I can think of.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm more then sure the date is wrong due to stick and battery changes. I have photos taken this year showing date stamps of 2009.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That would be believable if the date on the images was 2009 or 2010.
But it isn't. It's August 1, 2011. 7:15PM.

Changing memory cards does not affect the date. Changing batteries changes the date a lot more than a few days (if the memory is reset).
edit on 8/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Doesn't change the fact that your photos show clouds glowing red around sunset.

No.4 still requires some explanation as to why you put it there? I assume it was in error?

They emphatically do not show the aurora (except No 4). Which, for the record, was visible last night to mid latitudes. And appeared green.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join