It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Questions: About the Recent movement of military equipment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
There have been a-lot of talk on ATS recently about the Movement of Military equipment by rail, convoys on the road. This is nothing new, as the Wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan are ending all military equipment in those said countries are being sent back to the rear ( The united States).

So YES America be prepared to see a frakken ton of all sorts of military equipment moved around the country. Also people should be aware that there are only a handful of level 3 shops were these vehicles can be repaired so also be prepared to see them still on the rail after a few years as well. Old busted and battle scarred ones going in and refurbished ones coming out.

The Red signs that you guys are wondering about on those vehicles. Those can be two things the first are I.R tags (infra-red) we use them to see fellow forces even at night. The other thing that those red signs could be are shipping manifests which we are required to put on them for shipping. Its nothing to be alarmed about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the other thing I want to talk about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Troops are not deploying to the United States in any way. For about 7 years or more now the National Guard has been fighting to return to what it was originally supposed to do and be used for. Which is home defense and protection as well as helping our local community's.

www.grassrootsnetroots.org...
articles.chicagotribune.com...
www.libertytreefdr.org...

Who do you think has been helping Forest Fire fighters battle the forest fires around California, Nevada, as well as any other state that has a fire problem? Who is out there sand bagging when there are floods, Who helped patrol and rebuild New Orleans?

These questions and more can be answered with two words National Guard!

The States are tired of screwing the National Guard over, because the Pentagon sends in the Nat. Guard because its costs less. The States Pay part of our pay, 56% of all forces at war have been the National Guard. States are tired of it. The mess in New Orleans never would have been a tenth as bad if the forces who are around to protect and help weren't sent overseas.

I was in the Army as well as the National Guard for over Eight years, I've been an MP (Military Police) as well as supply and many other jobs. Any and I mean any questions that you have I can answer to the best of my ability's.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Know this that if any thing was out of ordinary I would be the first one telling every one to grab their shotguns saying time to get your guns and go hunt us some federals.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
what about the reports of a force at least 20,000 strong being used to police citizens? Isn't that also now legal after the posse comitatas fiasco? kinda scary right now with the economy on the very brink of collapse.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Care to explain how 20,000 people are going to police 300 million?

This is so obvious I don't know why it needs explaining.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The longest journey begins with a single step. Dripping water slowly erodes a stone. 20,000 is just the start ,then you add and add because people aren't counting. thats how we've built up so many troops in the middle east with nobody really paying attention to the numbers,( except for ats'ers and pundits) and it's an additional police force, so immediatly there will be 20,000 MORE guns aimed at you.

edit on 6-8-2011 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well you claimed the economy is on the brink of collapse so what good will trickling in troops do? Seems like they need a whole lot more really quick according to your statement.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You'd have to start small 1. lots of our troops are still commited elsewhere 2. It takes time to move and position troops (which is what we're talking about in this thread) 3. If you did it all at once it's called MARTIAL LAW and you have to get your troops in place first to be able to enforce it (which, once again is what this thread is about- troop movements inside the US)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I like how you say "you claimed the economy is on the brink of collapse" it ain't just me claiming it, fella.
edit on 6-8-2011 by abe froman because: was distracted by the line of tanks passing outside

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well troops weren't needed when we went through the great depression so that is not a reason. Why else are they going to plant troops all over the country?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That's what I came here to ask, I was under the impression that the OP was answering these questions himself, given his background. I certainly have read enough about martial law, guilliotines, and american concentration camps to come up with a thousand theories, but this is not that thread.

edit on 6-8-2011 by abe froman because: checking the old troll-o-meter

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Well troops weren't needed when we went through the great depression so that is not a reason. Why else are they going to plant troops all over the country?

Study the collapse of USSR and the consequence. People learn from history, or at least learn history to compare, but some would rather not.

In all, the positive view of Soviet life long presented to the public by the official media was rapidly fading, and the negative aspects of life in the Soviet Union were brought into the spotlight.[11] This undermined the faith of the public in the Soviet system and eroded the Communist Party's social power base, threatening the identity and integrity of the Soviet Union itself.

source

edit on 6-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I'm not seeing how this is relevant to the discussion. The Soviet Empire was a completely different scenario.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Care to explain how 20,000 people are going to police 300 million?

This is so obvious I don't know why it needs explaining.

Umm.. they are not. It is a Bio-defense team to help in big disasters if you had bothered to read the reports you would know that. Thus answering your own question.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by confreak

I'm not seeing how this is relevant to the discussion. The Soviet Empire was a completely different scenario.

Not really, the two empires had similar policies, both had high military budgets and got involved in covert and overt wars in order to implement their own ideologies on foreign nations. When did it all go wrong? Why did it all go wrong? Just read history and it will all be revealed.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Since there seems to be so much confusion due to a fear mongering site I shall quote the Pentagon and the Washington Post

"The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Once again, get your facts right its a Nation wide team to help in bio/nuclear event.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

so what do they do in the meantime? and are they trained to respond with crowd control tactics and also activatable under a wide variety of social conditions? "other domestic catastrophe is pretty vauge.

edit on 6-8-2011 by abe froman because: ...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by Reaper2137

so what do they do in the meantime? and are they trained to respond with crowd control tactics and also activatable under a wide variety of social conditions? "other domestic catastrophe is pretty vauge.

edit on 6-8-2011 by abe froman because: ...

No the Nat. Guard does that. My unit the 649 Mp before I got out deployed to L.A for the Riots in the early 1990's Its nothing new. The united states used the military to control the south for years after the civil war. The military is used for for crowed control in new orleans as well?

The way the military gets around things is that all MP's are also Federal Police officers at least I was and those of my unit. So they can act when local police and people in charge ask for help.

my unit also deploys every year to control crowds when they are also fighting fires. Its really not that big deal I think you all just missed the boat for about ten years now this has been happening..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thanks Reaper for giving ats'ers some insight via this thread as I like many others have been getting a little frustrated on some of the other topics related to this.

I just dont get where all the paranoia comes from regarding this when there are so many logical answers.
martial law, nwo, aliens, fema camps, concentration camps, states invading each other among a few crazy suggestions.

With regards to 20,000 troop deployment on US soil, you Yanks should be greatful that your country has the resources to station, ready and equip your national guard and reserve units to enable rapid response to national disaster relief etc should anything happen. (Yes, even if the very slim possibility that aliens did invade!)
Many nations in this day and age do not have that luxury or assurance. And with all the events of recent years you should feel alot more secure that these guys have your back so tto speak.

Do people really think that the US military, who contain some of the most patriotic, upstanding citizens of your nation would turn on you? I think not. Are they all brain washed government robots who with one coded order start the mass killing of US citizens? I think not.

As a member of the British military, I want to just say, redeployment of assets, troop and equipment movements go on, 24/7, all over the world.
I personally think its a good thing to see that the US government is so proactive in resupply and repair/upgrade of equipment... Being in the British Army I know all to well what it is like when you dont have the 'tools' to do the job. If your government does not supply these troops with the kit to do the job, unfortunatly thats when the guys on the ground start coming home in boxes. (again in the UK we know this all to well)
I remember sitting at a checkpoint in afghan in a light skin land rover looking jealously at my US comrades with there fully armoured, safe MRAP's. Felt like I had turned up to the super bowl in just my underpants!

Sometimes people need to look past there own insecure, paranoid thinking and not jump the gun.

edit on 6-8-2011 by TheGooner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGooner

theres plenty of youtube video of members of the us military who went door to door disarming citizens who legally owned guns in the wake of katrina and afterwards telling the reporter "I really hate to have to do this but orders are orders"

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by TheGooner

theres plenty of youtube video of members of the us military who went door to door disarming citizens who legally owned guns in the wake of katrina and afterwards telling the reporter "I really hate to have to do this but orders are orders"

That would also be the nat guard. They hated to do it but the other side to that coin is we were being shot at trying to deliver supply's to people. Help get people out and protect the area from looting. A few people ruined it for every one sorry to say but its true. My unit was also their and we did take people weapons after we shoot a few people for shooting at us. Mostly jackasses who think now that the cops are gone I can get a big screen.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Don’t the national guard and the reserves have to convoy to their yearly two week maneuvers around this time of year?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join