It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Questions: About the Recent movement of military equipment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by TheGooner

theres plenty of youtube video of members of the us military who went door to door disarming citizens who legally owned guns in the wake of katrina and afterwards telling the reporter "I really hate to have to do this but orders are orders"

Fair enough, nothing wrong with that in my eyes if it stops potential criminal activity.
I know in the US you guys are pretty passionate about you right to bear arms, but if you look at the bigger picture then there is no doubt whatsoever that an order like this would have or DID save countless lives as law and order broke down.
edit on 6-8-2011 by TheGooner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

thanks for confirming all my worst fears and suspicions.members of the military are trained and ready to disarm lawful citizens here in the US. What Constitution?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Don’t the national guard and the reserves have to convoy to their yearly two week maneuvers around this time of year?

Yes and no lol.. confusing huh? If you live around base you would know that the answer is when ever a commander damn well wants to convoy lol.. I pass them all the feaken time when going back and forth to the coast here in cali.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

thanks for confirming all my worst fears and suspicions.members of the military are trained and ready to disarm lawful citizens here in the US. What Constitution?

It may not be the majority, it is always the minority.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

All weapons were returned to them when the Police had taken their cowardly assess back into the city. After we had taken the weapons away all attacks and looting had pretty much stopped. Some time it is need to disarm a people this is basic for overall safety.

If you are talking about the 2nd amendment the Right to have and bear arms jury is still out on me. I've read it and still thinking which of the two ways it can be read is right.

First way (way most people think it is) that the right to bear arms is every citizens right.

The other way is that the citizens have a right to form a militia and they have a right to keep and bear arms for the community.

The third way it can be read...

Every one has a right to kill a bear and keep its arms..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

All weapons were returned to them when the Police had taken their cowardly assess back into the city. After we had taken the weapons away all attacks and looting had pretty much stopped. Some time it is need to disarm a people this is basic for overall safety.

If you are talking about the 2nd amendment the Right to have and bear arms jury is still out on me. I've read it and still thinking which of the two ways it can be read is right.

First way (way most people think it is) that the right to bear arms is every citizens right.

The other way is that the citizens have a right to form a militia and they have a right to keep and bear arms for the community.

I like the third... thats a Peter Griffin quote I think!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGooner

I like the third one as well, I don't know if most people pick up on this or not but they also hint that we never broke from the crown...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I like the third one as well, I don't know if most people pick up on this or not but they also hint that we never broke from the crown...

Didnt know that.. Interesting. No wonder you lot go mad for the Royal family in the US!.. maybe you should contribute some of your tax dollars to there upkeep, holidays and lavish weddings as we have to!...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am of the thinking of what the frak are we thinking? We went to War with the crown over 1/100 of a cent on tea and now we get taxed a hundred times that.

I think we should have stayed with the crown, If it wasn't for Samual Adams puff crap writing and screwing with the Red coats by paying people to mess with them.

Than I think this country would be better off.

As it stands now this country went down the crapper just before the civil war.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I am of the thinking of what the frak are we thinking? We went to War with the crown over 1/100 of a cent on tea and now we get taxed a hundred times that.

I think we should have stayed with the crown, If it wasn't for Samual Adams puff crap writing and screwing with the Red coats by paying people to mess with them.

Than I think this country would be better off.

As it stands now this country went down the crapper just before the civil war.

The grass isnt always greener.. this country is in bad shape also. God knows what mess the States would be in now if the UK had run things!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't know I think if the UK had ran the U.S than they never would have lost as much power as she did. More land would have given her more taxes as well as fresh soldiers for the campaigns across the globe. If the U.S and U.K were working together as one. Canada, Aussland, India, as well as most of Africa could have been held onto and rebellion dealt with. I think by splitting them us is what caused the wreak of both countries.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
True, but what would the world be like now if the UK had US as part of its empire, and had not broken it up but continued to govern, occupy and spread around the world? good? no or little war, shared resorces etc. bad? one single global government control everything. im not sure, sounds a little mien kampf to me.

This maybe needs a thread with discussion. could be interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

True, but what would the world be like now if the UK had US as part of its empire, and had not broken it up but continued to govern, occupy and spread around the world? good? no or little war, shared resorces etc. bad? one single global government control everything. im not sure, sounds a little mien kampf to me.

This maybe needs a thread with discussion. could be interesting.

well It wouldn't be Mien Kampf because if it happened than Hitler never would have been able to write that book. Which never would have given rise to Nazi Germany and there would have been no mass killings.

I would think a one world government is inevitable really, I think if we are going to continue to grow we need to expand to the stars and we can never do that on the scale we need to if we don't have one government

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Federal Police are an unconstitutional organization and should be disbanded.
And they did use troops against Americans during the Great Depression.
Look up the bonus army.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

what about the reports of a force at least 20,000 strong being used to police citizens? Isn't that also now legal after the posse comitatas fiasco? kinda scary right now with the economy on the very brink of collapse.

There is no "being used" as that implies it's already happening. They are being trained to respond to a possible disturbance. As for the concentration camps in the US you mention, I believe you're referring to the FEMA camps and the list of them. About 3/4's of the "FEMA camps" have been debunked/shown not to be camps at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
OP- Most heavy equipment is NOT shipped back to the US. A lot is either left "in country", sold to "friendly" nations in the area or otherwise disposed of

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Federal Police are an unconstitutional organization and should be disbanded.
And they did use troops against Americans during the Great Depression.
Look up the bonus army.

I don't think that they are unconstitutional, Rather just another check and balance to add to the mix.

Yes I have looked up and read about the bonus army. Gen. Macaurthor was a tool for that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
OP- Most heavy equipment is NOT shipped back to the US. A lot is either left "in country", sold to "friendly" nations in the area or otherwise disposed of

Maybe in Vietnam, but They ship 90% back home now. I was there my Unit as part of our SOP was to ship every thing back. The United States Military will not leave any thing behind again due to the fact we were and still are being killed by the crap we left the first time around.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by TheGooner

theres plenty of youtube video of members of the us military who went door to door disarming citizens who legally owned guns in the wake of katrina and afterwards telling the reporter "I really hate to have to do this but orders are orders"

That would also be the nat guard. They hated to do it but the other side to that coin is we were being shot at trying to deliver supply's to people. Help get people out and protect the area from looting. A few people ruined it for every one sorry to say but its true. My unit was also their and we did take people weapons after we shoot a few people for shooting at us. Mostly jackasses who think now that the cops are gone I can get a big screen.

So you are trying to justify illegally confiscating citizens guns? How many houses did your unit search out, that was no where near where you were shot at, and break into to steal the citizens lawfully acquired and possessed guns? Wake up buddy!!! Just following orders will not get you a free pass for breaking the law!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The reason for all the movement of military equipment is because theyre having an epic garage sale in front of the whitehouse.

Getting rid of old stuff to fund new projects.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join