It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
wars cost money and the US are in far to many of them.

plus 3 letter has broken the world AIG, need i say more

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrbarber

Even the communist chinese told you yanks that you were heading up sh#t creek without a paddle!
But of course you gays are stupid enough to bail out corporations, whilst paying your people peanuts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

It certainly wasn't my idea to hand over billions, if not trillions, to greedy bankers who were the cause of the housing crisis in the first place. Unfortunately, our politicians stopped working for the people a LONG time ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You said it so correctly - a "ratting system".
If you did not know that there are rating systems in place, you are amongst the millions of yanks who are ignorant, ill-educated and plain, downright "stupid".
But then again, if all you read, listen to and watch what goes for journalism in the USof A, you deserve all you are getting!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayrton

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Everything that has a beginning has an end. And apparently the end for the US has really started.

Does anyone else smell that? Smells ripe for a false flag. Gotta keep the sheeple distracted.

Maybe this is the false flag that will keep us distracted.

Nope this aint gonna be a false flag,

this is the real deal

ya ready?

false flag BS,

The jig is up.. seal choppers , riots in london, orange stuff floating on alaskan waters, massive nuclear waste in japan. chinese using baby feotus in medicine, ats members dillusional, obama actually being from africa, nasa saaying that elenin will kill us all, monkeys making better coffee than humans....

the days of bs fake flags are over. This is the real deal. Dig?

comprehende?

edit on 7-8-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
IMF Says US Budget Requires 33% Spending Cut & 35% Tax Increase

www.imf.org...

And they are 100% correct in saying spending cuts alone WON'T solve the deficit issue!! Yet most of the politician completely ignore that fact in Washington

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Agreed. If the U.S. doesn't raise taxes..

Well, we already know that ain't going to happen.

Let's all start searching "WILDING" on ATS. We'll be able to see the progress of the economic decline.

Those of you with weapons need to start going to the firing range weekly for practice.
If you've got yards, learn to grow vegetables. Start sharing the harvests.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
reply to post by MrXYZ

Those of you with weapons need to start going to the firing range weekly for practice.
If you've got yards, learn to grow vegetables. Start sharing the harvests.

Screw you dude! I'm not taking care of the world.... it not my fault you didn't see this coming. I failed sharing in school.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TimesEnd

Bad attitude. If you don't take care of your neighbors then they won't take care of you.

You're going to die out there by yourself. Don't you know that. Have you seen "The Walking Dead"? It will be like that only the zombies will be fast and have guns.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
alan greenspan said they were wrong to do it .that america can always pay off our debt because we can print more money as we need it thstd whst he said this morning of meet the press or face the nation on nbc

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

I guess you never heard of the story of the Grasshopper and the Ant. Thats right liberal school teachings. We all get along and we are all winners *hands you your yellow ribbon for just showing up*

Lucky for me no one lives around me for atleast 10 miles. I am so glad I don't live in the city or burbs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimesEnd
reply to post by ren1999

I guess you never heard of the story of the Grasshopper and the Ant. Thats right liberal school teachings. We all get along and we are all winners *hands you your yellow ribbon for just showing up*

Lucky for me no one lives around me for atleast 10 miles. I am so glad I don't live in the city or burbs.

I don't think he's talking about feeding and housing your neighbors, he's talking about banding together to survive.

Which is something we will all need to do.

If it all goes bad we will see small towns group together to utilize the skills of everyone involved just to survive.

A lone wolf might survive just fine for a while, but what kind of life is that? We are social animals, we need each other if we are going to survive.

I know what you are saying, none of my friends are prepared, but that doesn't mean I will turn my back on them when things get bad.

I have 2,000 rds of .223, and just as much .45 and .12 gauge, I have water decon materials and 210 gallons of vp racing fuel. My family will eat, and since I can cut and split a cord of wood on three gallons of gas we will stay warm. I did't buy much for canned food, it won't last long anyway, I bought cases of spices in commercial sized containers. With the right seasoning I can make Muskrat taste good.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
apparent;y you didn't see jericho game will be scaece quick when everybody is hunting

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
apparent;y you didn't see jericho game will be scaece quick when everybody is hunting

Not in my neck of the woods.

Minnesota has enough whitetail deer alone to feed everyone here.

And with Canda geese at record levels also there is plenty of food around.

Lots of fish too.

I don't hold out much hope for NY of L.A. though, those folks are screwed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You can never plan for all events cant be done. Unless your bank account matches the Gov't or more. One day for sure the diseased temple will crumble all around our heads. If you hunkerdown you do have a good chance of survival.... for awhile. Your back is in a corner. One thing the military and my training has taught me is to be always fluidic. Never back yourself into a corner always leave a way out. Moving target is harder to hit. Zig when you think they think you should zag.

Yes people will be stronger together, but the problem with that is the people factor.

I will end this blathering with a nice quote...

"To achieve victory we must mass our forces at the hub of all power & movement. The enemy's 'center of gravity' "
- Von Clausewitz

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
alan greenspan said they were wrong to do it .that america can always pay off our debt because we can print more money as we need it thstd whst he said this morning of meet the press or face the nation on nbc

Then you go to hyper inflation where by the time you get your monthly wage, it isnt enough to buy a loaf of bread.

Look what happened in Zimbabwe. Everyones a trilliionaire which sounds good until you realise a loaf of bread costs 100 trillion.

Then you cant buy any foreign goods because the dollar is not worth anything, if you cant buy foreign food or oil, people will start to death.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Raising taxes will not help that much, nor cutting out programs , it is all the spend spend spend , cut "that" and we will be fine, "that" being , TSA / DHS, NSA, mil GOV pay, and GOV pork , funding and grants, research, like DARPA. Do not get me wrong I am for security and freedom but come on is this real a need?
Get our troops home and then half it, for defense only, other nations your on your own , no more sub contract, or out sourcing, if the Mil can not do it, then it does not not need doing, mind you this is for the GOV only, not what the privet sector does. FEMA does it do anything???? as far as i can tell no, but does a good job at saying your denied funds when your house is pile of ruble.
Does the pay GOV leaders, get worth it ?? usgovinfo.about.com... have not done the numbers , but i think it is at $275 an hour, just a guess. could they not due the same job on $100,000 each fixed for 4 years then get an reelection bonus, say $25,000, here are the real pay
House Leadership
Speaker of the House - $223,500
Majority Leader - $193,400
Minority Leader - $193,400
Senate Leadership
Majority Party Leader - $193,400
Minority Party Leader - $193,400
Does the Speaker really need that much pay? could it not be done for $150,000? This is about saving not spending, send them a letter and i bet they would say are you nuts? "me take a pay cut to save the USA ha ha ha" If they were serious about saving they all would agree,"YES CUT MY PAY" and we the USA would not be in this mess.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Futures down 300 already.

Going to be an interesting Monday.

The crumbling economy is enough for a stock market crash, the downgrade is really just a confirmation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

We have been hearing for years the crap was going to hit the fan, the president, congress and representatives let us down. Are we the new falling Rome? In my opinion if they drastically reduced corporate taxes it might stop U.S. companies from shipping jobs overseas, our corporate tax rate is the highest in the world! The president has not done anything except blame everyone else, we need Trump. I love this country, served in the military and things are looking bad out there. I have never seen so many people riding bicycles, buses and begging! Geez, it is going to get worse before it gets better. Why are we giving money to other countries? We must cancel all that, americans need it!! I can't handle seeing americans living in cars or being homeless, I know we will start kicking ass again but Washington is holding us back!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I am Pablo, from south patagonia, but living in florianópolis, Brasil. (not Brazil, hehe)

Well, i am worry about our economy, i mean, brasilian economy. Worry because it is getting huge, growing in a very suspicious rate. Man, i remember, 12 year ago, how hard use to get a job, how expensive use to be to pay the bills, and now, is amazing, there is money in everywhere, and the corruptions, of course, is growing in the same rate (i hope you guys can understand my poor english, my mother languages are portuguese and spanish)

I can see several signs of things going to support the elite to take over this country. The television is destroying morally our youth, there is sex in everywhere, also selfish, individualism e greed, huge amounts of green and disgusting greed.

I am sorry that the people os US are loosing all what they spend hundreds of years to get, and i am sorry that the global elite have used US for purpose that make the rest of the world hate americans. But, anyway, everybody loses, and they are winning just because the most of the people believe in what they say. It´s sad, but true.

I am in a aknowledge codified by a guy, Alan Kardek, more than 150 years ago. Is about what happenas before and after we born in this material world, and why it happens, and what to do. Well, the beings who are not living in a material form said to us, all the time, that we have to prepare ourselves because this planet is going to change soon, very soon. This change and the whole thing about new world order are exactly the same, and thats why i believe that all this is going to finish whit the world elite defeated. I mean, the Creator is using the world elite as an instrument to reach his goal, and them humanty will be destroyed, and them, a small portion of humanity will be preserved, and those are the people who have reached a certain point in his way to perfection, which is imposible to get in hearth, but inevitable to reach in a non-material form.

I mean, people, don´t worry, keep fighting, spreading this knowledge, be good, change yourself for better, and let the creator do his job. Forget america, is just a country, work locally, do some good things to help others, and you will be ok.

My best wishes for all of you. And one more thing, is not US getting poor, is all countries getting poor, in one way or other.

Love you, people, pass it foward.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join