It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
What will be his version of a fireside chat if he did have the ability to think his way out a paper bag?

A block party lecture?

More like a "flash mob"...oops, did I say that out loud

Des

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

idk what anyone thinks of newsmax...theres always a critic...just ran across this article...looks like China is putting in their two cents.

China Flays US Over Credit Rating

just thought i'd post it if anyone was interested in the article. I like to get news from all outlets as possible seeing as you never know what the truth is from any of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Can someone please explain what this exactly means for the US and its people, in layman's terms?
edit on 6-8-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

With about 60 percent of the us "VOTERS" beliving that Darwin was wrong there is no hope for your nation!

In laymans terms: Bend over and reach for the lube.
edit on 6-8-2011 by horrortool because: missed à letter

edit on 6-8-2011 by horrortool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

Your link has a trojan in it.
Check your comon folder for triedit file. it is a trojan virus.
edit on 6-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
And once again the American people take up the poop shoot. You guys must love getting raped by your government. its so pathetic its sad. NOT ONLY did you lose your coveted AAA rating but you guys also raised the debt ceiling so now your MORE in debt that you were before and you STILL lost your rating!!!!!!

Your government are either brain dead beyond human understanding or this is all planned to fail. im betting on the latter because i cant understand how someone who got themselves into a position of power could have done so on pure blind luck. You need to get off your asses and march now seriously.

Last things first, because I want to save the best for backwards, in some twitly tradition:
The FIRST thing I heard from the POTUS the day after his inauguration was, paraphrased,

Statement: "No old friends, business partners, or previously helpful people will be appointed
to the Cabinet."
Reality: I guess we can see where that went-- almost every person in GoBama's cabinet
never worked in the private sector at all,but boy are they buddies. The Cabinet's not only
padded with a lot of the old Who's Who of the generation-old (OR OLDER) Politbureau,
we go us some extree Czars to boot.

Statement: "There will be transparency and accountability in the government's actions."
Reality: Our government had been deliberately padded with 'properly educated', greedy
twits through apathy, voting machine and other election fraud, and Madison Avenue
slick packaging. Most of the incumbent legislature are lawyers, at last percentage count 70%.
Lawyers for their standard bread and butter argue, whoever wins the argument is true under
the law. Unfortunately what is successfully argued by a well directed battery of lawyers as
"proveable" is seldom fact OR the truth... especially if it benefits the lawyers. Finally, if
a favorite saw is heard, "I do my best work in the dark", it may be the only truth you hear.

And at last, your statement is very probably true... largely brain or spiritually dead parrots
working for some very evil and invisible elites (instead of us) are crashing everything here.
And I am again convinced and reinforced in my view that Trotsky and Goebbels didn't
have any corner on useful idiots during the 20th century. We're paying the price now for
three or four generations of academic inbreeding, legislative nepotism, and worst of all
the government's "legal" disconnect from their obligation to the people, their real boss.

I was on a coffee date this afternoon with a wonderful and aware lady, and we talked about
this for hours. I heard a lot of times, "... and this is the world we live in." Well honey, it's
time to call a hammer, sickle and running black double-cross what it is, and do a purge.
Maybe that's when the fear of pain is overcome by the resolve to change rump buddies:
my raped I.D. is bigger than my O.D., and I'm not noticing the pain anymore. Greece me.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
And once again the American people take up the poop shoot. You guys must love getting raped by your government. its so pathetic its sad. NOT ONLY did you lose your coveted AAA rating but you guys also raised the debt ceiling so now your MORE in debt that you were before and you STILL lost your rating!!!!!!

Your government are either brain dead beyond human understanding or this is all planned to fail. im betting on the latter because i cant understand how someone who got themselves into a position of power could have done so on pure blind luck. You need to get off your asses and march now seriously.

Last things first, because I want to save the best for backwards, in some twitly tradition:
The FIRST thing I heard from the POTUS the day after his inauguration was, paraphrased,

Statement: "No old friends, business partners, or previously helpful people will be appointed
to the Cabinet."
Reality: I guess we can see where that went-- almost every person in GoBama's cabinet
never worked in the private sector at all,but boy are they buddies. The Cabinet's not only
padded with a lot of the old Who's Who of the generation-old (OR OLDER) Politbureau,
we go us some extree Czars to boot.

Statement: "There will be transparency and accountability in the government's actions."
Reality: Our government had been deliberately padded with 'properly educated', greedy
twits through apathy, voting machine and other election fraud, and Madison Avenue
slick packaging. Most of the incumbent legislature are lawyers, at last percentage count 70%.
Lawyers for their standard bread and butter argue, whoever wins the argument is true under
the law. Unfortunately what is successfully argued by a well directed battery of lawyers as
"proveable" is seldom fact OR the truth... especially if it benefits the lawyers. Finally, if
a favorite saw is heard, "I do my best work in the dark", it may be the only truth you hear.

And at last, your statement is very probably true... largely brain or spiritually dead parrots
working for some very evil and invisible elites (instead of us) are crashing everything here.
And I am again convinced and reinforced in my view that Trotsky and Goebbels didn't
have any corner on useful idiots during the 20th century. We're paying the price now for
three or four generations of academic inbreeding, legislative nepotism, and worst of all
the government's "legal" disconnect from their obligation to the people, their real boss.

I was on a coffee date this afternoon with a wonderful and aware lady, and we talked about
this for hours. I heard a lot of times, "... and this is the world we live in." Well honey, it's
time to call a hammer, sickle and running black double-cross what it is, and do a purge.
Maybe that's when the fear of pain is overcome by the resolve to change rump buddies:
my raped I.D. is bigger than my O.D., and I'm not noticing the pain anymore. Greece me.

You have to understand it is all politics. the S&P is trying to sway national politics. Notice how the S&P tow's the globalist Party line? Notice how the S&P ignored Obama's bad investment with the stimulus, and how the Fed's quantitative easing is destroying the US currency value(something I would think S&P would be more interested in).

Use this to determine who the enemies are and who friends are. Anyone jumping up and down on the anti-Republican bandwagon over this is obviously ignorant. And only looking for an excuse to bash Republican's(thus they are beyond reason/hope and should be viewed as rabid jackals).

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Even Stevie Wonder could see this coming. Bunch of terds for leaders....that is all.

BTW SnF

edit on 8/6/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Guys its kind of like the "V for Vendetta" setting taking place.

The people feel powerless, and with a terrorist attack Supposedly supposed to happen in the near future the people will look towards the Govt for safety. They will take away our rights in the name of Protection and Peace.

In the movie it was a combination of war, Govt made virus and economic hardship, we are on the brink of 2 of those and the third im pretty sure the govt already has in stock.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers.

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises...but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States...

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken. This clause basically refers to a tax on property, such as a tax based on the value of land,[2] as well as a capitation.

yeah i read it and money is property and sounds like what i said cant take property aka money from one person and not take it from others.

Not sure what your seeing.
Duties, excises, etc...they are uniform, but the taxes are progressive.
the tax based on the value of land is also approprately exercised...

If it was currently unconstitutional, it would simply not be enacted...remember, the constitution includes all amendments, you can't simply pick and choose...
But ya, I am not seeing any issue your seeing...wording is important, don't try to pretend you know the "spirit" of the law, law is details...read the actual wording..if a word is left out (in this case, taxes), then it was intentionally left out.

It says taxes can only be apportioned AMONG THE SEVERAL STATES. It does not say AMONG THE PEOPLE. therefore direct federal taxes on the people are unconstitutional!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Credit ratings for countries are like giving stars to kinder-gardeners because they followed with the programming of the idiots above. Really I could care less.

# I didn't even know the US and other countries had some sort of ratting system, oh how magical and special, it's not only one A and not only two A but three A's. And the only thing more magical would be if there was a + after those A's. Or even a star...Yes, people like stars, We should change it to a star based system instead of a letter based system.....But truly who gives a #.

Really all it is. Its nothing but a self serving circle jerk by those who need to do something productive, like watching the grass grow, or paint dry. Those two things are more productive then the circle jerk going on at wall street and capital hill. They could learn a lot from watching the paint dry.

But fear not peoples, eventually you will have something to cry about, instead of your make believe ratings of whats popular with the people on the hill.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
AA+ ?

Shouldn't it be FFF?

www.usnews.com...

While the United States total public debt is indeed the largest in the world, a broader context shows that other countries face even more dire debt situations

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I just want to scream every time this gets discussed on ATS. Everyone is so damn sure of their opinion but the reality is that economically most of you have no idea what you are talking about. The perception that government debt is bad is the main thing you are missing. I will try to help you through it, and I am sorry to be so condescending, but I am just fed up with people who continue to spit out political rhetoric without having full knowledge of the situation.

First of let's start with our money system. We have a debt based money system. This means that we can only create money by borrowing it. Money=debt and debt = money.

Next we have our current economic situation. High unemployment, low wages for those who do work, plummeting asset values, high inflation for basic goods. The reasons for his are complex but the bottom line is that there is not enough money to sustain the lower 40-60% of the economy.

That leads to the question of where should this money come from? Under the current system we really have only a few choices.

Forced redistribution of income. Take from the rich and give to the poor. Not a real popular idea for most people.

Second choice is eliminate government spending. That seems to be favored choice around ATS. I think it is misguided because it means even less money going to the 40-60% that need it most.

The last choice is to keep government spending high and increase our debt. To me this is the no brainer. When the people who have the money won't spend it, and the economy is in dire need of more money, the only choice is for the government to add more money. Under our current system they can only do that by assuming more debt.

If you are tired of the US being in debt, push instead to reform the money system. That is the real issue. We shouldn't have to go into debt to provide the money needed to run the economy. We shouldn't have banks creating money from thin air using depositers funds. We shouldn't allow the extreme wealthy to tie up their money in derivatives and use leverage to allow their wealth to control markets. We shouldn't allow anyone to sell anything that they do not own. We shouldn't tax income, but instead tax wealth (money people don't spend).

On the other hand even, under the current system if you look at our debt as money, then $14 trillion isn't very much in the scope of the total economy. If you were to completely eliminate reserve banking and the associated leverage, how much money would need to exist to run our economy and allow savings and investment? It would be a heck of a lot more than $14 trillion. Closer to the $60-70 trillion total wealth of the US. The difference is the money the banks have created. I say we just nationalize them all since ultimately we all pay for their existence.

Bottom line there is plenty that can be done. It can also be done with little shock to the sytem if done properly and honestly.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

it is actually not the government money that is the problem it is consumer debt that is the problem

sigh

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Some Pre-Economics 101:

"It has long been obvious to all observers -- to economists, to politicians, to anti-deficit groups, to the ratings agencies -- that closing fiscal gaps will require tax increases, or the closure of big tax loopholes, or significant tax reform that will raise significantly larger sums of tax revenue than the system does now. Today, taxes as a percentage of GDP are at historic lows. Marginal rates on income and investments are at historic lows. Corporate tax receipts as a percentage of GDP are at historic lows. Perhaps taxes don't need to rise this year or next, but they do need to go up in the future."

Read more:

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
www.standardandpoors.com... DUS_Downgraded_AA%2B.pdf&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobheadername1=content-type&blobwhere=1243 942957443&blobheadervalue3=UTF-8
S&P on taxes:

On Page 4, under rationale:

"Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act."

No spin possible. S&P changed its view on America because the Congress is rotten and stupid enough to allow the fanatics to control the situation. "No new taxes" = America can't be trusted.

On page 6, under Outlook:

"On the other hand, as our upside scenario highlights, if the recommendations of the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction--independently or coupled with other initiatives, such as the lapsing of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for high earners--lead to fiscal consolidation measures beyond the minimum mandated, and we believe they are likely to slow the deterioration of the government's debt dynamics, the long-term rating could stabilize at 'AA+'."

Another bite at the apple. Let the fanaticism pass and raise taxes in this preposterously low tax country, and things may get better.

edit on 7-8-2011 by galdur because: broken link

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by horrortool
With about 60 percent of the us "VOTERS" beliving that Darwin was wrong there is no hope for your nation!

In laymans terms: Bend over and reach for the lube.
edit on 6-8-2011 by horrortool because: missed à letter

edit on 6-8-2011 by horrortool because: (no reason given)

OH, yeah, tha's it it's because more than half the poeple on earth believe we came from something(GOD) as opposed to coming from nothing.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Saudi stock market first to PLUNGE on S&P U.S. Downgrade - Down 6%

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It´ll probably be a bloodbath in Europe and the US tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Everything that has a beginning has an end. And apparently the end for the US has really started.

Does anyone else smell that? Smells ripe for a false flag. Gotta keep the sheeple distracted.

Maybe this is the false flag that will keep us distracted.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
IMF Says US Budget Requires 33% Spending Cut & 35% Tax Increase

www.imf.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Moody’s has put 7,000 U.S. municipal bond issues on review because they have direct links to U.S. debt.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join