It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"NASA launches spacecraft to Jupiter"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by BrnBdry

Juno Timeline

edit on 8/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Read the WHOLE thread befor replying. If you had, you last post would be pointless.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
OMG. PHAGE! THE LEGEND. I WORSHIP YOU!

Nah, but seriously. If you seriously think that Elenin is an extinction level event. Boy do I have link for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Curious, when did I say it was an ELE? Don't assume.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Read the WHOLE thread befor replying. If you had, you last post would be pointless.

I did. It's a short thread.
I was replying to this:

And Yes, Juno was planned for 2011 launch, I understand that, but suddenly its here. I dont buy it. I think it was scrapped, and now its going somewhere else. But theyll keep the Juno cover story up.

The development of the Juno mission has been ongoing.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

reply to post by BrnBdry

Well if you didn't hear about it on the news it must not be happening. From 2008:
juno.wisc.edu...

4 years ago? Seriously? Thats youre argument? Ok, how about this. Im announcing right now, 2011, that in the future, NASA will send a probe to the center of the little dipper. Now when they eventually do, you can credit me for saying they were going to.

See, just cause they saud something 4 years ago, and NOW it's actually happening, you can't use that as the "well we told you we were" excuse as to why they are doin it now.

They usually talk about it months to weeks befor the launch. Not 4 years then nothing til the launch.

You may fool others, but not me.

We're going to Jupiter to try to figure out how to steal it's core. Some believe the core is metallic hydrogen. Which would be worth some bucks. Then we pay off the fed debt and tell the fed reserve to get the hell out.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
OMG. PHAGE! THE LEGEND. I WORSHIP YOU!

Nah, but seriously. If you seriously think that Elenin is an extinction level event. Boy do I have link for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Curious, when did I say it was an ELE? Don't assume.

I don't guess you did. But you do seem like you think there is a conspiracy here when there is clearly not.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There was a press conference or some sort of lecture on the mission yesterday on Nasa TV.
It was very interesting, yes, but noting to do with elenin or something if you ask me or them.

The 3 most important goals for the mission from what i've understand.

-Measuring the h20, and oxigen levels in the atmosphere of jupiter, what would give more understanding of how the solar system and planets are created.

-Invesigating whats the deal with jupiters 'core'

-Researching the auroras on jupiter and its connection with earth's aurora and the other planets in the solar system.

They intend to make 33 orbits, starting in an eliptical orbit close to the equator and ending up close to the poles when the orbit change shape due to the gravitational field of jupiter.
Returning pictures will be ver good quality and the public would have online resources for them.

Hoping the first earths orbit testing will turn out good and then its just waiting 5 years.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Start the third thread about the same mission with some ridiculous comment and whalla ! It gathers the most comments.

I suppose when I start a new thread I should omit all scientific and mission information and just spew out some highly speculative garbage of a notion, (of course implied and not stated), that way it leave the OP an out or turn accusations around to in classic plausible deniability.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

wwlp

Jupiter huh? Anyone belive this is where this thing is going?

Absolutely. Amateur astronomers would know if it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

You are obviously not abreast about things concerning space exploration. You are into something entirely different. This is how you entertain yourself? You have a lot of free time on your hands? This is my last post on this ridiculous thread.

Are you interested in NASA missions to space or just like to throw crap around, seriously?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I myself was planning on tracking this probe as it leaves the earth-moon system, but it looks increasingly like the weather in Spain over the telescope I was planning to use isn't going to cooperate. My fallback was to use a telescope in New Mexico, but the weather there's even worse. There are plenty of other amateurs in other parts of the world and one of them will probably track it at some point... which wouldn't be possible if they were lying about where it was headed. It would also impact the initial orbit they launched into, as well as the timing of the earth ejection burn.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

What telescope in spain are you talking about?
Are there live feeds or something, can you give some links.
thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

What telescope in spain are you talking about?
Are there live feeds or something, can you give some links.
thanks.

GRAS-007 and GRAS-016
www.global-rent-a-scope.com...
The weather actually cleared and I caught the probe leaving our earth-moon system as well as the spent centaur stage some distance away. It's headed to Jupiter alright, following exactly the orbit they said it would, about 50 minutes late as expected given the delayed launch. I'll make a thread later once I've converted the raw fits files.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by BrnBdry

Well if you didn't hear about it on the news it must not be happening. From 2008:
juno.wisc.edu...

4 years ago? Seriously? Thats youre argument? Ok, how about this. Im announcing right now, 2011, that in the future, NASA will send a probe to the center of the little dipper. Now when they eventually do, you can credit me for saying they were going to.

See, just cause they saud something 4 years ago, and NOW it's actually happening, you can't use that as the "well we told you we were" excuse as to why they are doin it now.

They usually talk about it months to weeks befor the launch. Not 4 years then nothing til the launch.

You may fool others, but not me.

you do realize that it takes years of planning to test and build a craft such as this right? not everything is a government conspiracy

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Rather than make another thread on Juno, I think I'll just dump the photo in here.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Juno mission was planned in 08, no doubt. Those who would say that ELEnin is not what it is reported to be would tell you that "they" have known that for far longer than that. In conclusion it could be said that it is a perfect cover up so close to "D" day.

That being said, it is rather comical, the US has ended it's shuttle program and can no longer even put men into space without Russian help, yet we are sending another deep space probe out.

Common sense wins the day on most occasions, does it not?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

See, the thing is, I haven't heard of any plans for them to send anything to Jupiter in recent news. Usually stuff like that is news worthy. Now all the sudden we're sending something to "Jupiter" while in the midst of a commet headed this way? Just seems odd.

You can't be serious. Do you even watch any news? Do you watch anything with space or NASA anything?

They have been talking about this.

I guess maybe it's because of where I live but this has been talked about for a while in my area.

Did you know there is another one going up in November to Mars? It's called "Curiosity."

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Here's a pretty self-explanatory video of all the images I took of Juno tonight. Juno followed its expected trajectory towards its eventual rendezvous with Jupiter. I had to adjust for the fact that they launched nearly a full hour late, but it looks like I did it right. You can see it streaking its way out of our earth-moon system both at long and short focal lengths for a narrow and wide shot.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
my guess is this is plan 'B' for the lucifer project.. Saturn didnt work sooo... yeah..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing,
You got some realy cool pics on flickr

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join