It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sounds like a hate crime to me.
This is why you should carry a weapon for self defense.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Oh so what you are saying is that because the police stop & search black men they ARE more likely to kill the officers?

Well, uh, yeah. That's exactly what I was saying. It's pretty basic math and you don't even need to pull out a statistical calculator to analyze it.

If I have a barrel of apples and oranges all mixed together but there were only one orange for every nine apples and I decided to pick 1 apple for each orange I picked, I would find worms in both of my picked fruits in equal numbers. However, because I picked 50/50 in a 10/90 barrel, it gives the illusion that oranges have worms more often than apples.

Nothing controversial here. It's just math.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nevermind. I'm gonna go ahead and censor myself here.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Cuervo because: Sorry.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by chaztekno
And they moan things will never get better, is there any wonder. I'm affraid the only racism i see nowadays comes from the black community who are living in the past still and blaming the white folk for what happened generations ago. When this turns ugly, and it will, who will end up with the blame???

You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences. Among the findings: Blacks in the United States are imprisoned at more than five times the rate of whites, and Hispanics are locked up at nearly double the white rate, according to a study released Wednesday by a criminal justice policy group. The worst of the states: In five states - Iowa, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Wisconsin - African Americans are incarcerated at more than ten times the rate of whites. 3) They have the highest death rates than any other race. Although cancer deaths have declined for both Whites and African Americans/Blacks living in the United States, African Americans/Blacks continue to suffer the greatest burden for each of the most common types of cancer American White women have the highest incidence rate for breast cancer, although African American/Black women are most likely to die from the disease.African American/Black men have the highest incidence rate for prostate cancer in the United States and are more than twice as likely as White men to die of the disease It's not about poverty. It's not about teenage pregnancy. It's not about use of drugs. … If you self-identify as black, there's a greater chance your baby will be born before full term and be too small." Nearly 600 babies in New Jersey died before their first birthday in 2007, the most recent year for which figures are available. Of these, 194 were black and 180 were white, even though black women accounted for only one in eight births. For every 1,000 live births in the state, 11.2 black babies and 3.4 white babies died. This is TODAY, not in the past. I am not saying what they did is right, I condemn what they did- I am just saying I understand...
edit on 5-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

So perhaps they should stay in school, get an education, develop a skill that employers seek, take better care of themselves and eat healthy (As opposed to fast food!) and find a way to assimilate to society as a whole! What I'm reading from you is a bunch apologist nonsense for folks who refuse to take responsibility for themselves or their own communities. I'm tired of the excuses. There is no excuse for being lazy! There is no excuse for being violent!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

That was my comment about the replacement of the traditional role of a father in the AfAm community by 'Big Daddy' governernment under the guise of 'help' by LBJ's 'Great Society' plan of the 1960s.

Nothing has done more to destroy urban neighborhoods by the destruction of nuclear family. It was/is more beneficial to be a 'single mom' (financially) than it was to be a steuggling (in the early years of marriage) blue collar family. The loss was the gains that any working their way up family makes (their children going educationally farther/better employment in the next generation) for the constant of a welfare state.

Personal accountability was replaced by government program largesse.

Thanks, Glinda. Those are all exceptionally good points. I would have attributed that to you in my earlier reply but your name escaped my recollection at that time.

Sensing our direction changing in the third millenia I took steps to migrate out of my native US. This move has been a cultural awakening for me and I experience directly what seemed the norm 50 years ago in the US with extended families living under the same roof, the family unit that looks after its own regardless of their relative poverty. I wish I could have stayed and helped fix the problem but it was obviously way out of my hands.

I've seen now how it may be entirely beyond repair, or that the powers really are not motivated to fix anything but more inclined to perpetuate the decaying cycle and resist any effort to get back on-track. There have been too many disingenuous players of late that packaged and sold the people a bill of goods and too few that bought into it that will admit it was/is a mistake. Most likely it will take an unprecedented event to start a recovery, perhaps a near-total collapse. I doubt the immediate aftermath will be pretty.

Here in this thread as elsewhere there is the growing idea that the only sane solution is to arm yourself resolutely and at all times. While I see the value in self-protection I've seen things get out of hand, and I guess it always will. Somehow I just don't see that as the solution though it may very well help bring everything to that point.

It's the New Speedway Boogie and the darkness's got to give.

link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
...Kind of fits the bill for something a sheltered and ignorant human being would say. It is clear that you know next to nothing about the black "disposition" in the United States of America...

I don't know? I went to black schools and thought I had a clue about it. Then, working in hospitality, I met black people from England, France, Africa that were nothing like all the people I had known my whole life?

The main difference I noted in conversation was that European and African blacks had the same value system as the county they were from regardless of race. Here in the USofA that just isn't the case.

link   
The kids (white/black-who cares!) watched these greedy millionaires enjoying corn and cotton candy and lemon shake-ups and were angry at these people spending money that they worked for, and saved up for.

I say why doesn't the government just TAKE all the money and give it to the poor, angry, disinfranchised, struggling, (lazy) punks?

(sorry, I was channeling Keith Olbermann)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

You understand???

Highest prison rate? And who's fault is that??
Unemployment rate high?? Again, to who's fault?
violent death rate high? AGAIN, who's fault?

Is someone secretly forcing their hand?? NO, the inner city youth find it easier to live that life. they have parents neglecting to discipline them and force the them to go to school.

Most inner city youth drop out before grade 9.

Who fault is that? Do you think Black youths have it harder because of their color? I have to say they have it hard because of self pity and trying to hold onto the past..

Another poster corrected me, rightfully so... I wish this story ended with a caravan of "good ol' boys" mowing them down with SKS's and AR15's....

The one witness that had his car beat on said they went right on by a black couples car and kept attacking only white occupied cars.. Pathetic!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

But remember, here in the United States we're a melting pot, we have to welcome everyone and assimilate to what they want, right?

Oh wait...

But you have a point. A very valid, very real point that many people will decry as 'isolationist'.
It's not isolationist, it's nationalist. God forbid we have people that still take pride in their country and hate to see it splitting apart, but hey "Diversity is a strength!!!"

How did that work for the Romans?
I thought so.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
best thing a white guy can do for himself anymore is learn some MMA. cheapo punching bag is an amaizing investment
. almost would of loved to of been there myself.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Kept down by the man my foot.. they have every opportunity to improve their situation as anyone and evenmore so with the racist naacp and like groups behind them, even to the point of having test standards revised so more minorities can pass and fill quotas which are discriminatory to Whites (but noone cares).
Shooting to protect yourself in a mob has nothing to do with skin color at that point its to protect you and yours from the violence the mob brings. For you to blame it on skin color is as racist as me calling them a slur. Do you look at everything through race?
I'm sick of hearing how these poor pitiful youths are not to blame,, thats a wagon full of crap. They are the only ones to blame. You dont see poor white trash white kids grouping up and beating down blacks.. wow that wouldnt take but 2 seconds to be labeled what it is... A HATE CRIME... but since these are poor lil black kids who would never do anything wrong if it wasnt for whitey keeping them down it can't possibly be a hate crime.
Its a lifestyle they choose to lead and the more they do it the closer they get this country into a racial confrontation that will be like a bomb going off.
Somebody had to start the message going around on fb or twit or whatever they used... you mean to tell me as advanced as the cops and feds say they are they can't figure out where this started? I call BS.
I haven't heard the naacp or jackson or sharpton or anyone else coming out to tell these poor enslaved kids not to do things like that... if you can find it please post it for us to see.
I guess if I knew I could get away with certain things i'd do them too

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
best thing a white guy can do for himself anymore is learn some MMA. cheapo punching bag is an amaizing investment
. almost would of loved to of been there myself.

Actually a C&C permit might be cheaper.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by TreadUpon

But remember, here in the United States we're a melting pot, we have to welcome everyone and assimilate to what they want, right?

Oh wait...

But you have a point. A very valid, very real point that many people will decry as 'isolationist'.
It's not isolationist, it's nationalist. God forbid we have people that still take pride in their country and hate to see it splitting apart, but hey "Diversity is a strength!!!"

How did that work for the Romans?
I thought so.

It actually worked great for the Romans. A homogenized society runs stagnant and never grows (unless you are Hitler). They got as far as they did because of cultural assimilation. If you want to see what would have happened to America if we didn't allow other cultures, take a long, hard look at North Korea.

They are the living, breathing example of what happens when you insist on homogenization.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I had almost forgotten this is a race issue, or is supposed to be. As long as this is perceived to be a "white man's society" and there are discontented people it will be the white man that is to be blamed for it, without regard to the actual individuals who perpetrate it. If the response comes from a particular racial segment and is directed toward another the race issue perpetuates.

I don't see any of the solutions needing a "racial equality" crowbar. Whatever proper solutions there are it will be applied without regard to race and will benefit everyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

We are NOTHING like North Korea.

If you want the US to be like Europe, that's your perogative. But what we have now is minority rule with majority rights when it was never meant to be that way.

Apologists/liberals will never understand because they have been so indoctrinated to hate anything remotely related to accountability and self-reliance.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Dreine because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i wouldnt pass the background check. i feel im unfit to carry anyway, too short a temper. i was in scholastic wrestling since 3rd grade though so im a little confident with my takedowns. no need to kill a racist moron , just make them look foolish.

i do agree someone shoulda pulled out a 9 though and laid a few out to teach them it aint fun and games
edit on 5-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Boo hoo.

Admit the truth.

Black youth do nothing to improve their situation.

They've turned their schools and neighborhoods into zoos.

They deal in drugs and prostitution.

Then they blame it all on society not giving them a chance.

What a load of horse***t.

And I am sorry everything you know about black people you learned from FAUX news. Boo hoo on you. Are all all white neighborhoods clean and neat and their children well behaved? I think not. It is socio-economic - if you are poor, your life is a mess. I blame the economic system that promotes inequity and little to no chance for advancement.

link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by Cuervo

We are NOTHING like North Korea.

If you want the US to be like Europe, that's your perogative. But what we have now is minority rule with majority rights when it was never meant to be that way.

Apologists/liberals will never understand because they have been so indoctrinated to hate anything remotely related to accountability and self-reliance.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Dreine because: Typo.

You are right, we are nothing like North Korea. Because we don't insist on an isolationist one-flavor culture. I'm glad you are seeing that, whether or not you see that you see that.

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Also, I have no problem welcoming other cultures here, but they have to realize that if you come here, respect those of us whose ancestors have bled, sweat, and cried to make this country what it is.

By trying to make us change into something we are not is dishonoring the memory of the millions who have come before.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

I have a home made DAZZLER. All I need is some bags for all the vomit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join