It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee 9/11 Cartoon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has made a 9/11 educational cartoon for children. Victims of the attacks have accused him of "cashing in” on the tragedy. Huckabee, now a Fox News host, is marketing the DVD as part of a series aimed at teaching kids about important events.

The videos’ website explains that the purpose of the film is to "teach children why America attacked Afghanistan and how 'the ongoing War on Terror protects Americans at home.’” It also features a cartoon version of George W. Bush as well as Osama bin Laden and his fellow jihadists.

www.youtube.com...

A cartoon? Really? To teach our kids what exactly?

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The "war on terror" + occupations have gone so long and are planned for even longer that now the new generation has to be forcibly lobotomized with freshly recycled propaganda.

Ps: One run-on sentence counts for two regular!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Moral of the story:

"And so, children, this is why, of all the things we should consider cutting in the budget, we must NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER consider cutting the military budget. The multi-billion dollar corporations building those high tech killing machines are essential to your freedom, and either you are a patriot and continue to give them your tax dollars, or are a commie-terrorizing-muslim-lover if you choose to give that money for such things as social security, medicare, and anything having to do with helping those in need!"

the Billmeister
edit on 5-8-2011 by Billmeister because: grammar... sheesh!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Well it fits in with the Disneyland type approach by the US government to the whole 9/11 mess.

Will there be now a series of "educational" cartoons explaining why countless thousands of innocent civilians have to die in the name of "democracy" and "freedom"?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
A cartoon? Really? To teach our kids what exactly?

Thoughts?

To teach history in a conservative light.

Also to probably aid in an indoctrination of non-suspicion and patriotism.

I really wish kids were shown videos about critical thinking

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
The "war on terror" + occupations have gone so long and are planned for even longer that now the new generation has to be forcibly lobotomized with freshly recycled propaganda.

Ps: One run-on sentence counts for two regular!

My thoughts exactly. We don't have the ability to think for ourselves anymore, or come to our own conclusions based on fact anymore. We just stare at the tube and believe the bs we are fed. End of story. It's bogus!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I can't imgine being a parent and actually educating my kid with crap like this.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Propaganda and brainwashing!

I don't know what concerns me more... the kids who will grow up to run the country after having been educated in this manner, or the adults who LET their kids watch it. It's just gross all around.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just how it is in some places. Some people want their kids raised that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Just how it is in some places. Some people want their kids raised that way.

I don't think it's that some people want their kids raised that way, I think it's more like people don't want to have to raise their own kids. Much easier to let the nanny or the TV do it!

Anyway... I kind of feel like making a cartoon out of it is almost like making a joke out of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ok Mr Huckabee, so let me get this straight?

If I want to learn about "real history" and about the "true story of 911" I should look for the truth in a cartoon?

You gotta be kidding me.

I will stick to the stock photographic footage thanks. I don't form my assessments of history based on "facts in cartoons".

Freaking ridiculous.

This post on Youtube says it all.

And you thought, you knew retarded. Surprise.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
reply to post by juveous

Propaganda and brainwashing!

I don't know what concerns me more... the kids who will grow up to run the country after having been educated in this manner, or the adults who LET their kids watch it. It's just gross all around.

Don't worry so much.

Do you believe any of the fantasy in the cartoons you watched as a kid? I know I don't.

I mean cmon imagine it. A world where people believed in Bugs Bunny as a real person, or Mickey Mouse. It's total absurdity.

Kids will automatically think it's fake simply because it's a cartoon.

And judging by the looks of it, they will probably get super bored with it once the attacks are over since it's just a bunch of boring words and letters and politics crap after that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I suppose you are right. But the difference between my cartoons and this cartoon is that my cartoons didn't mimic real life events. I guess I am just looking at the bigger picture, because people are ridiculous with no mind or thought of their own. I mean, people actually believe what they see on the news LOL!

I can see it now... schools across America will be showing this video in the classrooms. Kids will be running around yelling about how they hate Muslims.

Anyway, I don't even have kids I have dogs. I wouldn't let my dogs watch that cartoon

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Propaganda? Children's cartoons and books have been loaded with leftist propaganda and feel good liberalism for decades. Watch episodes of programs like Barney, Caiou and they are PC to the max. Go ahead and read a couple of children's books and get a nice taste of leftist nonsense. You can start with the very popular "Rainbow Fish" which is about a fish with pretty scales in a school of fish with no scales. Ultimately the fish with the scales gives each of the other fish a pretty scale so that they can all have a pretty scale and all be the same. The notion is "isn't it nice that we all have equal amounts and that everyone feels good about themselves? You would feel better about yourself if you gave all of your things away too". Pure leftist trash.

Huckabee's cartoon is not conservative agtiprop. Its got a few simple messages. The trade centers were attacked by Muslims who wish to kill Americans. Americans got together and went after and killed a bunch of muslims. Big deal.

How about a cartoon with a bunch of kids building a playground. Half of the kids are sitting on the ground while the other half work. That would be a good cartoon to represent our current income tax policy.

How about a cartoon where a kid works hard to get an A and a lazy kid does not work hard and gets a C and the take a grade away from the kid with the A and gives it to the kid with a C so that they can all have the same grade. That would be a good cartoon about affirmative action

How about a cartoon where they have kids build a tree house. They work very hard and its fantastic when its completed. Then a someone comes by and tells them to tear it down. See, there is a little birdy who occasionally nests in that tree and despite the fact that there are dozens of nearby trees for the bird to nest in, they need to be able to make sure that he can nest in that particular tree. That would be a good cartoon about our over regulated society and the environment nutters out there.

So there is a cartoon that blandly depicts 911. Who cares. Would you rather have a cartoon that shows the sympathic Muslim character? How about a nice cartoon where mommy is showing junior how to make a suitcase bomb? Or a cartoon where they attempt to explain the mistreatment of women in the muslim world? "Sorry little Achmed. I would take you to the park but I'm not allowed to drive a car" and "Sorry Achmed, I would like to read that book to you but I was not allowed to attend school".

Its a cartoon.

But don't worry, the new half black, half hispanic, maybe even gay new replacement for Peter Parker and Spiderman can come in and save the day
edit on 5-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Huckabee is a typical self-serving politician trying to make money on the backs of victims of 9/11 and impressionable children. This is like countries like Saudi Arabia who distribute text books in schools that seed radical Muslim thinking. Subliminally, these cartoons will seed hate in some children and possibly instill fear of middle-eastern people.

I would throw "Huckabee Finn," in the same arena as Sarah Palin. They're both publicity hounds and will stop at nothing to make a buck.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The thing that gets me is that it is a cartoon based upon a real event which is shown to kids who will eventually get de-sensitized to tragedy that many experience daily.

We are seeing it more and more these days. People walking by a person having a heart attack or being mugged and just going about their business.

On the other hand, if it encourages some kid to aspire to be cop, firefighter or EMT like those who ran into the buildings to help their fellow. I’d be ok with that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
First a comic book about the "true" events of 9/11 and now this?
I would say I just threw up in my mouth a little, but that would be an understatement. I just re-plastered the walls,my monitor, the hallway, he neighbors house and you get the story, I might make it a cartoon.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Kinda lost as to the point is their something in the offical story that they dont think kids will belive unless its in cartoon form?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Huckabee's cartoon is not conservative agtiprop. Its got a few simple messages. The trade centers were attacked by Muslims who wish to kill Americans. Americans got together and went after and killed a bunch of muslims. Big deal.

That's a pretty big damned deal I think.

You know how many of my friends I went to school with died in Afghanistan or Iraq?? They died for what?

Why are we just indiscriminately attacking all people of a certain religion that roughly a billion people are part of? Hell some Americans are Muslim, should we kill them too?

Are you even listening to yourself?

Does the Conservative Right = Murdering Brown people? I hope not, that would be ultra-disgusting KKK style politics honestly.

I consider myself a true Conservative, I wish to conserve my brothers lives and not throw them away on pointless LAND WARS IN ASIA. It's like trying to stop a cockroach infestation by stomping on them with your feet. Impossible. But there we are, in a land war in central Asia.

I want to Conserve our weapons stash, rather than liberally using it everywhere.
I want to Conserve our nation's wealth and reserves, rather than liberally wasting them on land wars in Asia.
I want to Conserve whatever is left of our international reputation, rather than blowing it liberally by just talking crap to everyone.
I want to Conserve my conscience, rather than liberally sailing it down the river and allowing myself to hate others blindly and seek their destruction.

So you can see why I call myself a True Conservative. Because true conservation implies the need to end the wars and bring our troops home, rather than wasting it all liberally.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
Kinda lost as to the point is their something in the offical story that they dont think kids will belive unless its in cartoon form?

No, it's the Universe telling us through synchronous coincidences that the 911 official story is no better than the plot of a cartoon. Totally unrealistic and nearly impossible to fathom.

Well, take that as a possibility, rather than a definitive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join