It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dow closes today at 11,383.68 with a drop of -512.76 points

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I woke up today to see a "Stocks in freefall into the red" headline. I believe this is how some US stocks settled today. Not to mention Europe fell very hard to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a621abb69ded.jpg[/atsimg]

When I got home a little bit ago, I turned on the news channels and they are having the "Wall Street In Fear" and "Stocks crash worst since 2008" scrolling across the screen.

Then there's the job report being released tomorrow.

Im guessing Obama is having a wonderful birthday party!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

TBH

I really cant see any country going nuclear over a imaginary slave system, we are all developed and educated enough to know the horrors that occurred During WW1 and WW2, and are fully aware of the effects a Nuclear/Bio Logical war would have.

If TSHF really... ie runs on banks world wide all but basic commerce broke down The UN could step up and form a new banking system, im sure ive read a few articles about new systems that would stop this boom and bust cycle we are in, or at least make the boom longer.

Problem is its the people who stand the most to lose ie the Wealthy that have a lot of say and they are prolonging the collapse as much as possible.

Anyways this should of all happened in 2001 in the first place... that's the evil

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There was pretty much a fire sale in Europe today.

It's going to have quite an impact.

st.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkingGoogle

We know the transparency of the fiat monetary system and how retarded it is. What we're watching is one of the 'tools' they are using to create/destroy. It's almost comical to watch the financial news pundits scramble for answers, and have talkathons on 'where to put their money' to shelter themselves from the wall street crisis. The puppets go limp when the masters take their hand out of them. But on the other side of the equation is the total amount of unbridled fear they put into the uneducated public. We all see the 'problem, reaction, solution, paradigm playing out. We're just wondering why they are making themselves so predictable right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yup ! This is what happens when you borrow more than you earn, spend more than have, and increase taxes on the people. The economy stalls and goes into a free fall. The Tea Party tried to make that point abundantly clear to all the deaf ears out there.

How low can it go.....?

It's going to keep falling now, oh, and by the way, for every thousand points that disappears, that's a trillion dollars that vaporizes right out of the US economy.

Businesses will go into shock, layoffs will grow, and fear will hit the nation.

But at least it happened before the election because after the election there will be a strong third party known officially as the Tea Party. The democrat party will be almost non existent.

We told you so.....................

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Then how on Earth are they going to have the $ to build and salvage the Great Olympics Park in Londown next year?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Lets watch the Term Europe and London eh? not be combining them to much

Olympics are pretty much paid for, and they have brought life back to a area of london that still had bombed out places from WW2!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When i saw this happen the song that came to my mind was

The Final Countdown
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Well Yep i guess countdown to September 29th when the US hits its Credit limit again see this post

Debt ceiling will have to be raised again on September 29

Scary times

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

I didn't specify that WW3 was going to be fought with nukes - thats like the last resort of any country. First I'd expect them to do all the invasion stuff and if a nuclear armed country is close to defeat (like Israel for example), then possibly they might push the button and all hell would break lose.
Currently Syria is next in line for NATO bombing. After that, Iran is all that is left. With only a few allies and plenty of enemies from both the middle east and the west, Iran could be like 1939 Nazi Germany against the World. Times are gonna be bad by next year

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Then how on Earth are they going to have the $ to build and salvage the Great Olympics Park in Londown next year?

Last I heard, it was almost paid for, with some things being underbudget. Seeing as it is 'Zion', I expect the money will magically appear if they need it.

st.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK

Lets watch the Term Europe and London eh? not be combining them to much

Olympics are pretty much paid for, and they have brought life back to a area of london that still had bombed out places from WW2!

I meant no disrespect. We're all in the same pot of water here. I'm just curious about how the europe and UK market drops are going to have long term effects, just as we are. Jobs are jobs, and atleast you folks are upgrading your infrastructure. Our govt is just letting most of ours rot.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If a crash comes to this point, there´s no possibility for a rescue plan because the debt limit bill. So is a situation of non stop falling or a deeper debt which is not possible by now. This looks like a economy check mate.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Your talking serious SHTF then, if there were ever Chinese/Russian tanks on american soil, nukes would of been used looooooong time before that

We are talking about money here, and not much of it flows out of those countries you mentioned.

Just cant see it getting to war, Surely we can see its better to hit the Money counter back to 0 then set the technologal clock back to 0?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow! That was crazy! I got absolutely hammered today.

For any of you investors out there, it could be a good idea to play this market downturn with a bear ETF like TZA. For those of you who don't know, a bear ETF works in reverse, when the market goes down, it goes up. TZA was up 17% today.

As for longer term, I still think Gold and Silver are good places to park your money. However, I should note that both (though mainly silver) are subject to price manipulation. It's actually pretty pathetic. Volume tripled around 12 for SLV (Silver), and the price started to spike downward. That points to a big name or institution taking profits and selling. Here's a vid demonstrating this:

Besides physical Gold/Silver, the ETF's I like are:
GLD - standard ETF for Gold
DGP - 2X Gold ETN
SLV - standard ETF for Silver (negative rumors about a lack of supply, so I'd rate this as my least favorite)
AGQ - 2X Silver ETF
edit on 4-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Yeh but doing that would cause millions of people out of work indefinitely as the system we grew up in, suddenly got violently changed. Ofcourse, this was all expected since the New World Order conspiracy has been around for quite a while. I'm guessing after a Global Economic Meltdown, they would finally unveil their plans for a one world currency - which would no doubt shake the world. Then sooner or later, one country is going to flip and sends out the brigade/nukes.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
Makes me think of the rebecca black song friday....black friday? hmmmm lol. well the song certainly sucks, there's one comparison. maybe ill play around with numbers a bit just because im bored. the government likes to do it too apparently lol.

How about death metal Friday?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

haha no worries, and dude the UK infrastructure is Probably not much better then hmm say Eastern European and at least there's is getting better!

Problem is cause we were the first at most things, tube,railways,sewers they are so old and we rely on them so much that they cant really be closed for months, they never get upgraded, No double deck trains (tunnels to small)...no space in M25 ring to build with out taking up Green belt land (road that orbits London)

We are a Stagnated country shame...we had a empire 100 years ago

As what numnuts below was taking a pop at London is still the hub of the financial world thanks to us being the idiots to come up with it and of course being GMT helps
, we are build a shed load of new sky scrapers so the future as to be semi bright tho on someone model of it...those things arent cheap to put up lol!

Zion...just wtf? not even worth more that that response

reply to post by greenCo

Yep, Hit the reset button and hope the UN can pick up the pieces and make a new Banking system work.

The World will never change until there is a Huge event take your pick
Alien contact in a good or bad, Asteroid event, Serve Change in Climate to the point of Mass starvation and not until that point

Complete Collapse of Banking ... well it hurts as most cause we are a greedy bunch of animals so it might help us....best hope is it wakes people up a little bit and remember who is the power

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

Originally posted by matrixportal
Makes me think of the rebecca black song friday....black friday? hmmmm lol. well the song certainly sucks, there's one comparison. maybe ill play around with numbers a bit just because im bored. the government likes to do it too apparently lol.

How about death metal Friday?

Damm that would really show how they feel on Friday.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Would a one world government be so bad if it was in the right hands? Would it not be cool if a can off Coca-Cola cost 5 earth credits in LA as it did in Cairo...and tasted the same?

With Proper management the world work force could be mobilized, hell Africa alone could feed the world if we wanted it too but there's no money to be made in all that?

Such a great time to be alive during this transition between Greed and what's for the best of our spices

Worlds Population 6,775,235,700

How many of them are controlling it Directly? 100,000 inc family's? Pack mentality on a global scale

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join