It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dow closes today at 11,383.68 with a drop of -512.76 points

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
DC releases the annual job reports tomorrow. You already know what that is going to look like. That will cause another nose dive.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what happened to the guy the bet a billion dollars that the market would crash becuase of the debt cieling not passing through, what did he know?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I got my silver and gold.
I got my skills and supplies.
The US govt. is so f%$ked right now,it's a joke.
I feel sorry for all the people who wouldn't listen too me.
This is gonna get worst.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well with the Bank of New York doing that charge on large cash deposits that have increased dramacatliy over the last couple of days, its easy to see what's going on

Big players are getting there money out the stocks that's what that Graph showed at 15:15... Scary how easy it is for them to do

i back this up with the logic that if this was a true crash we would of seen some stocks go up, like Cigs, beer, medicare the # that keeps people going no matter the state of things

but there wasn't it was across the board so that shows people are selling up ALL there shares in everything. Probably knowing that they wont ever get that high again for a long time....think 1939 to 1960, 20 year gap of # and Hell

Big crash and runs for September

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is exactly why I don’t (speculate) with stocks. This is not investing, it’s called gambling!! I wish I could speak with some of you that have your money/ retirement fund (401k) in stocks. There is a better way to invest your money and while having it secured.

Good luck with your stocks.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Someone added today's crash to Wikipedia's list of stock market crashes page as "Barack Obama's 50th Birthday Celebration Crash". Priceless!

As for tomorrow, my gut instinct tells me it will be an "up" day. Self proclaimed bargain hunters and head in the cloud optimists will swoop in and do some buying. Monday is the day that scares me. Black Mondays are all too common in market history.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
all markets went down, the "big guys"know something is going down soon so they are getting there cash now, just wait this isnt anything yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Makes me think of the rebecca black song friday....black friday? hmmmm lol. well the song certainly sucks, there's one comparison. maybe ill play around with numbers a bit just because im bored. the government likes to do it too apparently lol.

link   

Originally posted by topdog30
This is exactly why I don’t (speculate) with stocks. This is not investing, it’s called gambling!! I wish I could speak with some of you that have your money/ retirement fund (401k) in stocks. There is a better way to invest your money and while having it secured.

Good luck with your stocks.

Its only gambling if you don't know the outcome. I read a market watch report from late April stating our credit rating had just been lowered. The fix was in.
My stepbrother lost over 750k from his 401k in 2008.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Haha, are they on paper, or in your possession?

If it's not in your possession and it's on paper, I have some bad news.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

LOL

Thats about right for it, this is just a correction for the take out and thank you other guy for summing up what i said in a sentence and a word

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ahh the sweet smell of Obamanomics smells like........v-i-c-t-o-r-y.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I think they're already calling for it from this new article from Yahoo finance. Interesting indeed

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Who really cares about this imaginary voodoo bull#, the monetary system is nothing but a contrived game. The ultimate ideal of the capitalist is to become an utter parasite, producing nothing and taking everything. Monetary economics is always controlled by the rulers of the game, and it's a game devised to enforce misery and deprivation on 99% of the population while the remaining 1% enjoys all the benefits of our very high degree of technology and sophistication. As long as so many people continue to waste time discussing this bull# game we will never be free of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Anything below 9% would be nice if its 9.4% well.. "It means buckle your seat belt, Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
lol like we didn't say this was not coming! The Global Economic Collapse will happen within the next few months and then see WW3 around the corner.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkingGoogle

Because pretty much all countries use Fractional Reserve Banking

want to tear that down over night and im going to go to work the next day for what reason? (btw i work in IT for a Insurance corp)...i aient got a job if that happens

You gonna feed me bro?
edit on 4-8-2011 by TreX-UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Psychological reactions.... The stock markets are as predictable as the artificial value placed on the dollar... Both are easily influenced and manipulated.

"Consider it a buying opportunity"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by kdog1982

Haha, are they on paper, or in your possession?

If it's not in your possession and it's on paper, I have some bad news.

It's In my solar flare,comet elenin,nuclear blast proof bunker!

It really is in my possession,since I have been laid off my son and I have become avid coin collectors.
Those with REAL silver and gold.Solid,that is.
But don't come try to take it ,cause I have attack dogs and booby traps.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

dang, I need a ride to walmart to cash my check before its no longer cashable

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join