It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any effective cure for baldness?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Hi guys, I have a question: Is there any cure for baldness? Except propecia and rogaine.
I am searching mainly for alternative medicine, or eastern medicine. Some secret
. I am doing pranayam in the morning and also nails rubbing.
Also, is there going to be any cure in near future? I read about two cures (from western medicine), one is stem cell, which should be available in app 10 years, and then another one with mutated stressed mice, available probably in 5 years.

I have been experiencing hair loss for 1,5 years now and I have gotten into NW 1-1,5.

Just found this article and thought that you should read it:

Popular baldness drug linked to male breast cancer

Baldness Drug & Cancer
Posted on Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:39PM EDT

Quote from article:
"Health Canada issued a warning Thursday telling consumers the drug, finasteride, could be potentially dangerous. The drug, which comes in one-milligram and five-milligram formats, is used in the lower dose to treat baldness and the higher dose to treat non-cancerous enlarged prostate. Previous studies have raised flags about the five-milligram format, sold in Canada under the brand name Proscar, including an increased risk of prostate cancer. "

Hope you find your cure to baldness

edit on 5-8-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I bought my first lot of kefir from eBay only cost about four or five pounds plus postage and package ,you do not get a lot of kefir but it grows at a phenomenal rate,once the milk is kefired i make it into a smoothie with either bananas or fresh fruit and whip it up with a blender . I now have so much of the grains (or mushroom) as some people call it .I make cheese with the kefired milk i do not use. Pity you do not live nearer or i would happily give you some.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Spencer1989

Do you have any side effects from using propecia or avodart? Both are famous for their bad side effects.
But rogaine extra strength and Ketoconazole shampoo are good. I wonder which of these things had biggest effect on your hair/Scalp and if I could stop hair loss and regrow hair back just with these two. Propecia is big no no for me.

Sorry for the late reply! No, I have never received any side effect from either drug. Everyone is different, but I have not had any physical, mental, sexual or other sorts of side effects.... The only side effect has been a head full of hair! I was very concerned about gynecomastia when I first started Avodart, but years later that has never happened. Nothing bad ever happened with Propecia, either.

The DHT inhibitors have had the biggest effect. I only use the ketoconazole shampoo on the off chance that it does anything at all, and the prescription is cheap. I can't actually tell that it does anything, but continue to use it
just in case it is.

I have gone without rogaine for a month and my hair starts to fall moderately, so I know that works some. I have also tried cutting the dosage of my Avodart from daily to every other day to save money, and after a month or two my hair starts to fall out dramatically. I started to take it every day and continue to do so and it has all grown back.

If you don't want to use a DHT inhibitor, then give Rogaine a try, however if you use Rogaine in conjuction with a DHT inhibitor (avodart is much stronger than rogaine btw) you will have much better results. Using the 2% ketoconazole shampoo can't hurt which is why I use it, but whether or not it will do anything at all is unknown, really.

For what it is worth, I get blood work done once a year to check all my hormones, thyroid levels, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. etc. to make sure I am in tip-top shape. My testosterone has always been "high for my age" the doctor says, with and without hair loss drugs (got my first test in the 8th grade, am 21 now) and my estrogen has always been normal for my age.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Rub Peanut butter on your head during the full moon at exactly 3 am, leave it be for 33 min while saying "HAHAFNENVHOHEOABMA"

Just kidding shave it off and embrace the baldness unless you''re a chick, or unless you're Brittney Spears than well you did it once, so, go for it!!!!
edit on 5-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & punctuation

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0sp3r0

Aye, that seems definitely interesting
. Hair regrowth is simply amazing
. I just really hope it will work on most men. I want to have hair badly :/.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by illece
I bought my first lot of kefir from eBay only cost about four or five pounds plus postage and package ,you do not get a lot of kefir but it grows at a phenomenal rate,once the milk is kefired i make it into a smoothie with either bananas or fresh fruit and whip it up with a blender . I now have so much of the grains (or mushroom) as some people call it .I make cheese with the kefired milk i do not use. Pity you do not live nearer or i would happily give you some.

Thank you for your tips Illece
. How and where do I grow it? I live in a flat (but our family also has a garden in a city, where we grow things). I was searching on the uk e-bay and I found couple of different Kefir grains. There is one live organic Kefir (Tibetan Kefir),then there are Milk Kefir Grains and Water Kefir Grains. Which ones should I buy?
Thank you for your offer

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think I may have some good news for you if your baldness has not gone too far.

Baldness cure could be on shelves in two years

A hair lotion that cures baldness could be on the market within two years, believe scientists.

They are already talking with pharmaceutical firms about making the product, which would work by stopping the effects of a single guilty enzyme.

US-based dermatologists announced earlier this year that they had found that an enzyme, called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), instructed follicles to stop producing hair.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

PGD2 is also the same enzyme that causes asthma and inhalers containing salbutamol are used to inhibit it.

A friend, an asthmatic and balding, used salbutamol containing inhaler called Ventolin to make a solution that he carefully sprays on his thinning hair. He mixed the entire contents of a Ventolin container with 50 ml of water to make the solution that he sprays into his hair twice a day. He claims that his hair is growing back strongly.

I do not recommend that you the same.
edit on 31-12-2012 by DoorKnobEddie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Accept and appreciate yourself as you are. We are all unique, facial hair or not. Shave your head. Own it. Man the # up. Be a warrior. A warrior is being the best of who you are, not wishing you were something different.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Aye,only if I had some decent facial hair
. I dont want to look like newborn baby,lol
. I am saving shaving my hri until I grow some nice beard and moustache (best combo), which will take couple of years.

Forget the facial hair and shave your head. Or come to my house, have a few shots for the new years and me and the wife will hold you down and shave your head. LOL

I used to have long wavy heavy metal hair like those hair rock bands you see from the 80's. I Loved my hair more than anyone. I started thinning a few years ago and could not grow my awesome heavy metal hair anymore. Now I shave it everyday and Chicks dig it. I tried the mustache and or beard combo with the bald head and I did like it some - But Chicks didn't. And shaving everything can always keep you looking young.

There are two different types of web forums for balding men. One, the " I really wish I had hair back and will fight it every step of the way " forums. People here talk about hair coverings, Rogane and the like to fix the bald spot. These poor souls will always be doomed trying to get something back and crying over it that they wont get back. It's sad and pathetic.

The other type of bald forum is one where we say " Screw this, I'm gonna make this bald thing work for me" You learn the simple pleasures and art form of head shaving. You learn how to care for your bald head to make it look it's awesomest. Need it tanned - no problem - wanna give it a slick shine, no problem. You learn of neato head shaving products like the Head Blade that allow you to shave in record times close, comfortable and clean - ( it looks like a little race car and it Works! www.blade.com...) or the best types of electric razors for the job. You learn to take pride in your baldness and this helps build confidence and character. This types of forum I subscribe to and the best is www.slybaldguys.com...

Embrace the bald - it will change your life.
edit on 31-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When I was in my late teens, I started to lose hair.

I was DEVASTATED. I bought and tried all kinds of stuff. Nothing really worked.
Then I battled a lot by in some ways disguising the fact that I am losing hair. It was very stressful.

Later, at some point i was SICK of it.

I shaved off all my hair.

It was the best decision of my entire life. The chicks, future wife and everyone LOVE(D) it!

No spending money on "miracle cures" anymore, no time wasting to style to make my hairloss less obvious etc. All I need to do now is shave my head each day...and feeling sexy

I am aware that a bald head might not "fit" anyone, not anyone's head is the same etc. - but I can just tell from my own experience.

Even if there WAS a cure for baldness now, I would not buy it. I would keep my "hair" (or lack of it) how it is now, guaranteed!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

It's about self identity and it is not vanity. For a young man to go bald, it is the first big change in life they face.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Inositol prevents hair loss and it can even improve hair growth.
Washing your hair with Stinging Nettle shampoo also helps.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by Farnhold

Acceptance is the answer.

Love yourself and accept who you are, as you are.

If people look at you differently, and even worse treat you differently, then the baldness is a blessing. For at that point you have seen the real ugliness. The ugliness that is those who judge you according to the amount of hair you have.

It is a genetic factor which we have no real control over. I say just accept it and go with it. Personally I do understand how you feel. I'm a man and have some hair loss as well. I have come to accept it though, and I feel much better as a result.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

They can transplant a face yet there is no hint of a cure for things like arthritis or baldness. Why is that?

My director, a mature woman, had a severe case of female baldness. She got a hair transplant. you can't tell.

That is all I can offer up.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Reading your posts I get the distinct impression that you are really self-conscious about your hair loss and really do feel that women care. Let me tell you this: virtually every woman I know would rather date a bald man than one with a comb-over or who was visibly and desperately trying in vain to hang on to their remaining hairs. Nothing in the world is less sexy than a man with a combover, a tuft of hair parading itself as bangs well in advance of the rest of the hairline, failed hair plugs, spray on hair, wigs, etc. do yourself a favor and embrace your thinning hair, crop it close, and shine in your new-found sexiness. Attitude is everything!
edit on 1-1-2013 by rimjaja because: Post failed to quote the OP properly, made text unreadable

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

oh hell yes thank you for those links i needed a new head razor that thing looks amazing

i'm also young and bald.. 25, started at 16 right after my grandfather died. people told me it looks fine since i've got a wider body type.

now, the only way i get embarrassed by my hair loss is if someone sees me without a shaved head. looks so much better shaved and my head isn't a perfect shape either. the only real problem i have with it is it lets out my body heat faster so the winter really blows

actually, i'm at the point now, how i can stop my hair from growing permanently??

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The more you worry, the faster it will happen OP.

I worried for years after an ex gf (who was a hairdresser) decided to tell me I was going thin after having a row with her. It ruined me for years, constantly checking my head, using hair thickening shampoo, worrying etc.

Few years on and I still have a full head of hair, althought receded slightly nothing to worry about yet! I used to worry about going bald all the time. I am 24 and reckon I wouldnt mind if it eventually happens when im 40+. To be fair if you do start to go, just grade one the lot. Theres nothing worse than someone with a bald spot having long hair round the sides, looks stupid!

Also a lot of girls LOVE blokes witha bald head, infact last night at the New Years Party I was at, it was my bald mate who got laid.

Stop worrying and embrace it mate, I read 6 out of 10 caucasian males will go bald anyway (not sure about the figures for other demographics), so not a lot you can do really!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Follicular Unit Extraction .

my 3 pence .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hairy is filthy and disgusting. i can't wait for baldness to be the new hot look. i've been rocking it for years. a man with a bald head is sexy as hell.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Embrace the horror son. Chicks dig a man who has the balls to walk the walk freshly shaved. Ive been shaving my head for so long, that almost no one who knows me, remembers what i looked like with hair. And if you really wanna go the extra mile...get a tattoo on the back of your head just like me!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join