It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
seems tyoe odd of the vid cause it seems old and also if your from englnd wouldnt you have a accent?

England is probably the name of the town he lives in. Like England, Arkansas or some other state.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by WhiteHat

I agree with you whitehat, the accent issue being absolutely ridiculous and illogical, im english, well british welsh, my next door neighbour is sri lankan, the guy across the street is cockney, two doors down live a family of phillapinos, and the guy in the corner shop is guess what? pakastani, oh and i also know an american or two.

Well looks like the U.S. isnt the only country with massive immigration problems! I live in rural arkansas, if i had a pakistani in my neighborhood i'd be watching them like a hawk. Our Fed government just approved of supplying fed aid to local towns so now my quaint little town gets a terrorist task force.

Unfortunately all the good UFO sightings happen everywhere but in my part of the mountains...although i dont know why this video has anything to do with UFO's when you see helicopters?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It seems to be the case that after an alien abduction, black helicopters descend upon the area and do their own interrogations of abductees. I read that the military was involved after the fact.Also I have a question for the op---Are you by any chance RH negative or any of your family members?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
To the Mods and Admin for moving this to Gray area

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large. By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members.

From that point of view it's right that it has been moved here. (If you notice, the report has nothing to do with UFOs in the first place. It's a personal, report of "a strange sound", "feeling sick" and then some 3 sec footage of some helicopters.
There is simply not much for a "case"...and the holes and inconsistencies in the story are not even mentioned.

Furthermore (IMO) the thread is derailed since it contains a LOT of rather random contributed user accounts of all kinds of "strange sounds" (all over the globe with no evident relation to the OPs post)....various UFO/HAARP speculation and even some ghost postings.

If there was a posting in the "UFO and Alien" section, i would expect the posting, ah, well, about UFOs and Aliens...and for the sake of it also on topic in regards to that specific sighting/event so people can talk about it constructively...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Stupid Yanks, fix your ears.

I commented about the accent and I am not deaf and not a yank either.
I was born in england

I stand by my comment that the accent discrepency just doesn't add up, unless of course he was to respond he was an american living there, which he didn't say.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Sorry to say that your friends sound like idiots. I live in California, and people have asked if I knew any movie stars??
Please don't think all Americans are so unsophisticated, we aren't. As for your story....I believe you, and no, I don't think the copters have a mundane explanation. Something happened to you, and your family. You feel unwell, and they don't remember things. The event you witnessed is likely connected to both situations. Take care of yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This thread is turning into a nightmare roundabout ride! Aaaarrrgh!
Pam newch chi gyd sy'n dadla acen yr OP rhoi hosan yn eich gegau! Digon yn barrod!
I suppose if anybody tries to read that or better still ask me to make a voice recording, I will get asked if I am Polish......not!

Mods, having posted within this thread my experience in the same time scale, this thread just keeps bouncing back up in my subscribed threads list. I am sure it has been asked before, and I am sure instructions are on the site somewhere, but could you please tell me how to unsubscribe from this particular thread pleeeeaaase? It's turning into a recurring nightmare!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Pretty much every Brit in this thread barring 1 person has agreed his accent sounds English.

Please show me all these "any other Brits" who don't believe him.

Can't believe how stupid you North Americans are. My God, your ignorance is bloody shocking.

I'm English and his accent in the video in the OP is not English, no way.
The second one he posted to clear up the issue was English but not that first one.
It's really not an issue, just odd...

But yeah, I even posted the video and said it sounds American.

Actually it IS American.

Cheers

edit on 6/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I'm from the UK. His accent is definitely not English.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

seems tyoe odd of the vid cause it seems old and also if your from englnd wouldnt you have a accent?

England is probably the name of the town he lives in. Like England, Arkansas or some other state.

nah, his video says Surrey, England

a 102 Flags for helicopters and a bad accent

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

nah, his video says Surrey, England

a 102 Flags for helicopters and a bad accent

Yep, pretty incredible flag count for what is a completely unremarkable video and entirely unbelievable story.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think the mods went on vacation from this thread. I cant believe this thread is still harping on his accent which is so off the rail it is almost hitting china now. Can anyone say runaway thread?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
I think the mods went on vacation from this thread. I cant believe this thread is still harping on his accent which is so off the rail it is almost hitting china now. Can anyone say runaway thread?

It's not off the rails at all. It's a legitimate question that still goes unanswered. It's only one of many gaping holes in the story that needs to be addressed.

If anything the mods could be accused of sleeping on this thread for not closing it and/or labeling it as a HOAX. Which it quite obviously is.

This is real life, not an episode of the x-files. If the OP is serious and from his perspective being sincere about what he thinks occurred that day then he should seek medical help.

It is more likely that he's experienced a delusion of some description as opposed to the story that was laid out in the OP. This would also explain the scared stranger and the rest of the family having no idea of what he was talking about.

Personally, I think he's making the whole thing up.

edit on 6-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill

May be a crappy little story and video, but he's managed to get some good graphics in there and a couple of DOG's to boot (Bugs).

Good effort at making it look professional trolling.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
It was cloudy and so i couldn't see much of anything, but the noise remained. My family heard this noise as well, and i began to wonder what was going on. It was the strangest noise i have ever heard, like a whoosh, but it was non moving and remained above my home.

Then nothing, the noise just stopped, so quick, no fading, no nothing, and then a flash of light appeared, the most pure amaizing light ive ever seen, it felt like it lit up my whole body. I had asked a chap who walked past what he thought was going on and if he could see anything, but the chap just looked at me funny as if i was nothing. God i keep stopping whilst typing this, im gonna sound so crazy. Anyway, a few moments after that i ran indoors and grabbed my mobile phone cam, and shot outdoors again.

Hello BlackDove,

Have you considered 'average' explanations for the event outside of UFO-related phenomena?

I've a rather mundane explanation for this scenario: you heard wind and witnessed a flash of lightning. Everyone thought you were crazy or gave you dodgy looks because the two occurrences were nothing out of the ordinary. Helicopters were doing some sort of show at roughly the same time which led you to believe that this was something unusual.

While I'll admit it sounds wholly unlikely, and am not for one second convinced that this example is the true case, I'm merely illustrating a rational and everyday explanation for the situation without tying it to the unknown.

I am not a sceptic or unbeliever in extraterrestrial life and UFOs (regardless of whether or not they're terrestrial in origin), but based on probability it seems very unlikely that you would be the sole individual able to recall what you purport to be an extraordinary event.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Love your stereo-typing of the citizens of the southern area of the United States.
Maybe you have been watching too many stupid Hollywood movies, depicting southern locals as uneducated, inbred morons. Hollywood loves stereo-typing human beings.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
reply to post by burntoast

Love your stereo-typing of the citizens of the southern area of the United States.
Maybe you have been watching too many stupid Hollywood movies, depicting southern locals as uneducated, inbred morons. Hollywood loves stereo-typing human beings.

I am with you on the stereotyping issue. I am from about as deep-south as you can get. I speak with very little accent (as I have been told by MANY from the North, West, and even friends who have come from overseas) and (unless my brain is working faster than my fingers) use proper etiquette and grammar in my writing. Which, quite clearly, is more than I can say for some who are commenting negatively about us, "Southerners". But hey... whatever... as we say quite often here in the South [wink], "They'll realize how ignorant THEY are some day... bless their hearts."

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by strelok72

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by nicevillegrl

Besides it doesnt get you prepared for what's likely coming next. Through all the noise - dont forget this man : Immanuel Velikovsky.
The facts he uncovered are so secret they are not available onthe internet. Again though what people share in terms of information is rarely going to save their own bacon.

Yeah the "facts" Velikovsky uncovered are so top secret that google returns 260,000 pages, Wikipedia has a page on him and a good chunk of Worlds in Collision, Earth in Upheaval and Mankind in Amnesia are on google books. Hmmmm....

Worlds in Collision

Earth in Upheaval

Mankind in Amnesia

Yeah, they are absolutely are facts that he uncovered. Some people still need to learn the difference. You can't change a fact,
And I am surprised these links are not the same as the results I gained from google books for Velikovsky. There was no portion readable of any of his books. So
but dont hmmm at me.
And while his book 1980s book Earth In Upheaval has titles such as 'shifting poles' , the man's work remains 100% relevant, while he still gets about 4% credit given the know it alls here who cant respect proper investigation and reporting. Now it can be quoted here anyway > good.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Funny how all these Americans are so ignorant about British accents and swear they're right when obviously they aren't.

How is it that we are "Obviously" not right here? The accent seems very clear to me, and sounds nothing like any of the various British accents I've heard through the years. It does however sound EXACTLY like an American accent....where in Britain do people speak like Americans exactly? For reference purposes here's a guy doing a whole bunch of regional British Accents www.youtube.com...
While not the best audio quality, I think it's quite clear that none of these sound anything like the guy in the video. I'm sure there is probably a better clip out there...but without searching the net for an hour, I think this clip illustrates my point. I do realize there is likely more accents than shown here, so I am happy for you to produce a video though, showing British people speaking a British accent that sounds like the guy in the helicopter video.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdSurly

He did have an accent...but it sounded pretty southern US to me

Wow lol really

Great thread op. And sorry to say
to the people questioning where you are from as supposed to what you have posted. You sound 100% british to me.... remember the fast show?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join