It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Good point. That is what I have been suggesting. I use the iPhone PinPoint Lightning app and it has not stopped going off at all in the last few days despite clear skies... I wish I had taken screen shots of my iphone to show. I guess I will start...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This will be slight OT but hopefully may complete bit of puzzle.

I was curious if the hum sound, often nicknamed "Taos hum" or "Bristol hum" was heard in my homeland - Czech Republic. Small country (10M souls) in middle of Europe. There are no reports of it, at least I was not able to find any. But I found a sound bit from one quite respectable person who was talking about possible sources of such hum sounds.

First of all I should say: Mr Frantisek Koukolik is most respected scientist in neurobiology, neuroscience and neuropathology in CZ. He is also member of Sysifos club ... organization dedicated to debunk pseudoscience. 13 years ago I was editing popularization CD-ROM for him and I was amazed by his educational abilities and at same time disgusted by his positivism (i.e. only current scientific "truth" is valid). He changed from those times, because he started to study philosophy and linguistic, but still he is a hardcore scientist. I'm sorry that I can't present any "proof" of his qualities and credentials because he is not publishing in English (but he is fluent in English, French and Russian as I know).

So back to offTopic: from the 10 min sound recording (scientific journal on public station similar to BBC or PBR) I understood that his favorite hypothesis for "Taos hum" background was ELF EM field produced by HAARP (or other similar facilities) used for communication with submarines. He did not elaborate very clearly that HAARP per se is just ionosphere heater producing "mirror" area in ionosphere and that the source of ELF signal is not directly from HAARP facility, but adjacent systems - the reason is probably of limited time frame he got in broadcasting. He was also discussing other potential sources as tectonic processes, heavy machinery, decay of higher sound frequencies in environment, neurological reasons etc... He pinpointed that in few instances the source of disturbing sound was found: big compressors or ventilators.

Clear cut: this scientist, who is working with various EM technologies (NMRI, MRI, MRT, ... ) on daily basis and is pretty aware of "electro" and EMF part of biology, see ELF as most probable source of "Taos hum" sensation.

For those 5 members of ATS who can understand Czech language hereis link.

BTW last two days I hear lot off military planes. Civil airports are far away from my house, but military airfield is just 12 Km. Our air force have no money so they are flying only 4-6 occasions a year.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ext. off topic mate.

Neburu etc? what is going on here?

Anyway still waiting for the ops reply to making a few voice videos.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Me and my family have been seing a UFO hovering near our house (tonight is the second night) in the wee hours of the morning and to be quite honest im really scared. I have a feeling that something's about to happen all over the globe.

We have tried to take a video of the said UFO but my iphone camera can't capture the detail. Will keep my eyes peeled for now and observe it again.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Ok Ok *finds ATS thread with nasa produced picture of (huge) CME flare headed this way*. It is a prediction thread from about the right place on the space/time continuum . CMEs take a while to get here. It's not so very hot indeed today to so I'm guessing it has done what it was going to do.ats thread :cme flare 2/8/2011
Cant beleive the number of posts, but click the link dont waste my time kids lol

OMG mate this thread was awesomely debunked by the masters.

The sun is kind of boring, sleeping and might do for the next 30-50 years...

It has been all over the Internet and in a 500 + thread here at ATS.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl
reply to post by Violetshy

Yep... same thing last night here in the Florida Panhandle. Right after I posted my second response. Started happening. I didn't want to post it last night because this crowd can be tough and I didn't want to seem like I was jumping on the proverbial bandwagon but yes, hubby and I saw exact same thing last night and some of the flashes were what I would call "ball lightning" in that it looked like a huge ball of lightning crashing in the sky.

Man... While there are many here who are very polite, cordial, and obviously, here to debate intellectually (I agree, nothing should be just taken at face value - especially conspiracy theories)... there are also several who are downright rude. The purpose of a forum in general is discussion. Yes, discussions get slightly off topic unless they are manufactured. That is the nature of conversation. What I personally found interesting was all the comments that came after the OP talking about the changes in weather, atmosphere, time, etc. because that is what I have personally been noticing/experiencing. That is why I ever ended up at ATS in the beginning when I began just lurking and reading.

I don't have the experience and not remotely enough knowledge/thick skin to take the attacks so I am not going to do it but perhaps someone with that experience and other "ability" would consider taking those repetitive elements we have seen in the responses (changes in atmosphere/density of air, weather/lightning, time lapses/etc.) and move them into a more appropriate area (if not already).

If such a conversation does exist, I can't find it so I would be glad to move my comments to a more appropriate topic area. However, the OP was talking about strange flashes, sounds, and memory lapse. Regardless of whether you believe that particular story, there are enough people responding that they have experienced similar (including myself) that it seems like something is happening worth talking about? I guess, just being a new "poster", I don't know the proper protocol but it seems like the discussion has been on topic to me because it all relates to what the OP described... even if not to his particular video/situation?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

I have to say the more I listen to the voice in the clip, It's definitely an American accent.
It's not relevant at all but there isn't much else worth discussing.

About 30-32 seconds in...

www.youtube.com...

That is an American accent, no doubt.

Unless he's just doing an American accent while filming? Odd

I've heard the other voice video too and that's definitely English.

Hmmmmm

Some helicopters fly over his house and then the OP makes up a story and here we are eh?

edit on 5/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ext. off topic mate.

He did make a voice video on page 7 of this thread...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Ext. off topic mate.

He did make a voice video on page 7 of this thread...

Yeah but that was with his American voice we need to hear his "English voice"?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacoSantos
and to be quite honest im really scared. I have a feeling that something's about to happen all over the globe.

We have tried to take a video of the said UFO but my iphone camera can't capture the detail. Will keep my eyes peeled for now and observe it again.

WOW really.... OMG!!!

Why do these threads attract the most ridiculous people??

We might as well reopen the Blossom Goodchild GFL thread again....

It's funny all the different people on this thread who have seen things in the last few days but didn't bother to film it or photograph it or talk about it....until now.

FFS

Why oh why oh why....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Sounds different from the helicopter video IMO.. The helicopter video sounded like the american country accent, while the other definently sounded british.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

While there are many here who are very polite, cordial, and obviously, here to debate intellectually (I agree, nothing should be just taken at face value - especially conspiracy theories)... there are also several who are downright rude. The purpose of a forum in general is discussion.

I disagree.. it's maybe half of the purpose, while the other half is.. wait for it... to "deny ignorance". When you post something in UFO/Aliens forum, believers get debunked so quickly that, honestly, as a believer I feel that there has been too many people that like to hoax, or spin stories to sound cool. So if a topic pops up in this forum I only want credible evidence.. this topic is far from that, and your version of rude, is my version of just being skeptical.

I voice my opinion when I truly believe there is a reasonable doubt that the story given is B.S. Tha is what I believe my job as a member is to accomplish. This story had a far fetched scenario attached to a 5 sec video of a formation of birds in the air, and an OP claiming it was because of a UFO. You as a member should be skeptic and ask for as much proof as possible, so that you may be able to weed through the crap. If you want a dumbed down, no feelings get hurt topic then ATS is not the place for anyone.. it's a place to get down to the bottom anything that needs investigating.
edit on 5-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I suppose my journey to trolldom is now complete. We've got video of some helicopters flying in formation, a story about a bang and light that no one else saw or heard and a fight about accents and time.

You get lots of these flights at this time of year in SE England as it is the show season, so they were probably having a bit of a practice, so I'm not having any of this as there is no story here. You cannot move in Surrey for the amount of people, cars (M3,M4,M25), planes (Heathrow) and helicopters (civilian and military) and even the bloke next to the OP or his family couldn't understand what he was on about.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Can you make up your mind? First you are doubtsom and then you are damn making stuff up?

I cannot figure you out. Robin ohh Batman ohhh sorry
"The Joker" is here :

- Edit - What the F... ? I totally misunderstood you until the next post you wrote sorry.
edit on 5/8/11 by Hilltaker because: Misunderstand by a guy there drink a little to much Friday after work

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrDanielT
Nice video, can you put some details to the structures to the far left of the video?

Have there been any further sightings?

Looks like a window to me....duh!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by mustangill

I too live around Nashville. I actually live in Mt. Juliet/Old Hickory. Last night the skies were clear and the lightning that was around lasted for about an hour. The lightning was like a strobe light. I have never seen it like that and I have lived here all my 38 years. I also noticed no birds were singing. The atmosphere was so dense I too had a headache (eye ache). Thank God this morning it is back to normal.

I am thinking what this guy saw was indeed out of this world. There is no way you can see something like that, no one else remember it, feel sick, and feel as though you are going mad. I would have to get to the bottom of it....thats for sure!

The lightning here in East Anglia UK was much like that, very very brief, singular flashes with no sound. Very odd.

This was only after the power was out.
edit on 4-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

i remember the exact same thing. i was in my early teens and spending a summer with my nan in bognor regis. intense SILENT lightning. absolutely no sound what-so-ever. i asked my grandmother what it was and she told me it was an electrical storm and that she had also experienced it while in france. i'm not sure how truthful she was being.

also, in my late teens, while living and working in bognor, i would go down to the sea front every 2-3 days (especially in the summer) and watch the thunderstorms roll in from the continent. this is where i'd see all manner of things in the sky and along the horizon. amazing stuff which piqued my interest in all things ufo and otherworldly.

eX.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

While there are many here who are very polite, cordial, and obviously, here to debate intellectually (I agree, nothing should be just taken at face value - especially conspiracy theories)... there are also several who are downright rude. The purpose of a forum in general is discussion.

I disagree.. it's maybe half of the purpose, while the other half is.. wait for it... to "deny ignorance". When you post something in UFO/Aliens forum, believers get debunked so quickly that, honestly, as a believer I feel that there has been too many people that like to hoax, or spin stories to sound cool. So if a topic pops up in this forum I only want credible evidence.. this topic is far from that, and your version of rude, is my version of just being skeptical.

I voice my opinion when I truly believe there is a reasonable doubt that the story given is B.S. Tha is what I believe my job as a member is to accomplish. This story had a far fetched scenario attached to a 5 sec video of a formation of birds in the air, and an OP claiming it was because of a UFO. You as a member should be skeptic and ask for as much proof as possible, so that you may be able to weed through the crap. If you want a dumbed down, no feelings get hurt topic then ATS is not the place for anyone.. it's a place to get down to the bottom anything that needs investigating.
edit on 5-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

I actually wasn't talking about your comments. The comments I am referring to are the smart-alec comments made by some people TO others (such as myself) for sharing their similar experiences. In other words, some act as if the only comments worthwhile are their own and/or others who tell them how smart/right THEY are.

I am all for true debate and I don't even need to coddling or expect it to/from others. But a little manners and respect for the input of others - even if their opinion differs from that of the person reading/writing - would be nice. My personal comments related to seeing and feeling similar and unusual sounds and then there are rude/snarky comments back to me for sharing my comments/experiences. WTH? Really? Most investigators in the traditional sense (law enforcement, private, etc.) will all agree... if enough people SAY they are experiencing or have seen something, there is likely SOMETHING to it... even if not what you originally set out to prove.

If ONE of the true purposes of ATS is to get to the bottom of real, unusual, events... it seems that this thread did have a purpose... it revealed that MANY people are hearing/seeing/experiencing unusual events in the air, their environment, and the atmosphere often accompanied by physical symptoms. I PERSONALLY do think it might be CME related or - when you look at the fact that most say they are near some military base - testing of some new technology. But it does seem SOMETHING is going on. And it seemed - in my opinion - to take this OP to bring light to it...whether you believe that post or not. Now, as I said in my last post, maybe this new subject needs to be moved to be a more appropriate discussion (as in new forum post)?
edit on 5-8-2011 by nicevillegrl because: to clarify sentence

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join