It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Idon't believe this tale. it's too dramatic
and attention seeking.

Contrived/hatched comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by BlackDove

but you have no english accent whatsoever as any other Brit on here can tell.
The person in this video has a north american accent.
It seems you took another video of helicopters and edited in the text to claim as your own.

edit on 5-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

Pretty much every Brit in this thread barring 1 person has agreed his accent sounds English.

Please show me all these "any other Brits" who don't believe him.

Can't believe how stupid you North Americans are. My God, your ignorance is bloody shocking.

For me I can barely hear any talking, there's not enough talking to really catch the accentt , but I can almost hear an english accent in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by violet

but you have no english accent whatsoever as any other Brit on here can tell.
The person in this video has a north american accent.
It seems you took another video of helicopters and edited in the text to claim as your own.

edit on 5-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

Pretty much every Brit in this thread barring 1 person has agreed his accent sounds English.

Please show me all these "any other Brits" who don't believe him.

Can't believe how stupid you North Americans are. My God, your ignorance is bloody shocking.

For me I can barely hear any talking, there's not enough talking to really catch the accentt , but I can almost hear an english accent in it.

And I'm the same but maybe the opposite. He doesn't say much but I heard nothing to suggest he isn't English.

I don't necessarily believe the story either, I just think it's funny that everyone outside of Britain is seemingly so sure he's not English, when to most English people who've responded nobody has picked up on his supposed non-English accent. You'd think if anyone would notice his accent as non-English it would be English people themselves

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi OP,

Although ive taken the time to read through your entire thread i have to confess that there were a couple of posts that i just scanned over so please accept my apols if this has been already addressed by you.

A few members have already requested the original video footage, i too would like to like to echo this. Would it be possible for you to supply this.

Some good in depth forensic analysis of this file may well turn up some additional facts that would certainly assist all interested members in coming to a conclusion.

I think the previous requests have not been answered (thats cool, i can see you are tied up replying to others) and so i would be grateful if you could address this, even its with a simple "yes i will supply the original" or "no i cant".

Many thanks mate.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hi BlackDove, hope you feel better soon. I am in south wales and i too have noticed heli's buzzing round. I have lived here for most of my adult life and there is an RAF base not far away ( St.Athens), this is no longer an active base and has been empty for some years now. They used to hold air shows anually but as i said no longer.
The only heli's that frequent my area are the police kind usually, but recently i'd say over the last few weeks i have seen what i can only decribe as massive black gunships!!! flying around the dockyards and coast of my town. They fly pretty low, it actually made my son run for cover when one came overhaed while we were fishing last week. I cannot see any markings on the heli's ( not saying there isn't any, i just have not seen any visable). I have seen these heli's 4 times and they are always alone.

Cardiff international airport is only a couple of miles away but i doubt these originated from there as 99% of traffic to there is commercial flights, we do have the odd c130 transport practicing landing approach but thats about it.

I spend alot of time in the back garden as the wife wont let me smoke in the house ha ha, i always find myself looking up to the skies and over the last couple of weeks i have noticed the odd flash of light, not extremly bright but noticable all the same but i have not experienced the noise that you have. These flashes happen so fast that even if i had my camera i probably wouldnt catch anything, but i will try tonight just in case.

I beleave you are telling the truth and i will follow this to see where it goes

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davewasdead

Hi BlackDove, hope you feel better soon. I am in south wales and i too have noticed heli's buzzing round. I have lived here for most of my adult life and there is an RAF base not far away ( St.Athens), this is no longer an active base and has been empty for some years now. They used to hold air shows anually but as i said no longer.
The only heli's that frequent my area are the police kind usually, but recently i'd say over the last few weeks i have seen what i can only decribe as massive black gunships!!! flying around the dockyards and coast of my town. They fly pretty low, it actually made my son run for cover when one came overhaed while we were fishing last week. I cannot see any markings on the heli's ( not saying there isn't any, i just have not seen any visable). I have seen these heli's 4 times and they are always alone.

Cardiff international airport is only a couple of miles away but i doubt these originated from there as 99% of traffic to there is commercial flights, we do have the odd c130 transport practicing landing approach but thats about it.

I spend alot of time in the back garden as the wife wont let me smoke in the house ha ha, i always find myself looking up to the skies and over the last couple of weeks i have noticed the odd flash of light, not extremly bright but noticable all the same but i have not experienced the noise that you have. These flashes happen so fast that even if i had my camera i probably wouldnt catch anything, but i will try tonight just in case.

I beleave you are telling the truth and i will follow this to see where it goes

Some speculation.

Could it have been some kind of HAARP or SCALAR activity which affected the OP?

Military preparing for a false flag ET event to enable them to fully take global control now?
edit on 5-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
To put an end to all these comments about the OP's accent, yes he is without a doubt american. I'm from Sheffield England and can say without a doubt the OP accent is a american one. His entire story is a lie, not just that detail.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I follow this thread too, in spite of so many attempts to trash and derail it.
Is too bad people are so passionate to debunk something that in my opinion have not much to be debunked. Because if we summarize the thread, all we have here is someone who stumbled upon a weird event, and it's relating it here. Of course he have no proofs, other than that short video, and he mention this right from the beginning; so what is the point in screaming out loud that he have no proofs? Arguments like a non-english accent, a non-english tree and even a non-english sky are ridiculous. Okay, so the OP has an american accent (even thou many english people here didn't caught it); so what does that prove? Why would he lie about that?

What else we have to debunk this personal story?
The speed with which he posted the video online. Worth some thinking, but like others said, it's not unusual.
Being posted in UFO forum? I imagine it was the OP first impression after the event, that is somehow related to UFO phenomena; also a mod was present and left the thread here.
Getting so much flags and being in the first page? Pure trollish envy. It seems like people are interested (96 flags and counting), so they flag it. Let them be, i say. Let them discuss this, since they are interested. Calling them sheep or whatever doesn't make your opinion more valuable.
Also is funny to watch how those who are "not interested" and think it's pure BS are posting over and over again, sticking to the thread like fleas to a dog and actually contributing to it more than any interested member.

Every one has the right to an opinion, and has the right to post it here, either positive or negative. But to come back ten times just to say the same thing and insult those who don't agree with you it's not discussion, it's trolling.
Bottom line, all this story is a matter of believing the OP or not, corroborating similar stories, or trying to figure out what was happened.
Good job, OP, for having the patience to put up with all this. I will keep reading, in a hope that whatever people have to share will contribute to the discussion and shed some light on this story.

edit on 5-8-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

I agree with you whitehat, the accent issue being absolutely ridiculous and illogical, im english, well british welsh, my next door neighbour is sri lankan, the guy across the street is cockney, two doors down live a family of phillapinos, and the guy in the corner shop is guess what? pakastani, oh and i also know an american or two.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
You're registration date says you've only been with ATS for a around 5 yrs, not 8.... just sayin

Been lurking since 2003, registered in September 2004 first time round, re-registered in 2007.... just sayin'

edit on 8/5/2011 by qonone because: smiley

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
To put an end to all these comments about the OP's accent, yes he is without a doubt american. I'm from Sheffield England and can say without a doubt the OP accent is a american one. His entire story is a lie, not just that detail.

Nonsense. I'm spitting distance from Sheffield and he sounds plenty English to me.

Without a doubt American? My arse!

If he's American then everyone in MAnchester is from Boston

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
has anyone mentioned HAARP yet?? (megawatts of bass/weather control/mind control)?? they do have a machine that is mobile on water. the U.K. is right on the water, no? there was a UFO that supposedly got captured in my area a few months back. sightings ranged from Hempfield Township, PA to Hershey, PA (USA)...according to the newspaper (which didn't produce the story till 2 days after the incident) described a couple of Chinook 'copters with an object captured in a net of some sort...i saw the Chinooks on the day of the actual incident. i thought of them as soon as i read the article those days later. they were definitely heading in the direction of Fort Indiantown Gap Base. when i saw the Chinooks, i did not see any net, or them in control of any object. i've had headaches and stomach ahes the past few days myself...no witness to flashes though. i think it's from the insane amount of radiation spewing from the Fukushima meltdown in Japan making it's way around the globe...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I'm with you on this accent dispute, its rediculous really that so many are quick to judge. I live in south wales, have done for most of my adult life ( about 26 years ) but i was born in stoke on trent, then moved to the west country, then to Aldershot as my father was stationed there, then back to west country!! and i still have a bit of a west country twang so really it just goes to show that sometimes people do not speak in the accent of the area in witch they reside.

By the way we also have a varied population here in Barry of people from all over the world!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hi OP

You are probably familiar with this...

Helicopters.... same weather conditions.... May 7 2009 Fleet Air Arm fly over in London

Would you care to comment?

this looks like from the same event, same camera shakyness, weather, tint and similar frame rate...

As i said multiple times..i am VERY skeptical of that person/claims...i already pointed out multiple times why....for example why his footage is only 3 seconds long and cut while the event is still going on.

Of course, i DONT KNOW, but i am 99% certain he is an attention seeking hoaxer and i am also VERY certain that his 3 second clip is in fact from that very same event as in the above video.
edit on 5-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WHY... JUST WHY

Why do people keep doing this, if this guy is proven to be 110% beyond doubt a fraud /HOAXER then he should be banned from this forum

That is 100% an American accent there's no two way about it, thats what put me of posting in this thread when there was just a handful of reply, his story didn't fit, he said he was English LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
I'm not saying I disbelieve the OP [...]

If you start believing a "story" before you have the actual evidence, you might have a problem. How else should you ever find out the truth or distinguish between what people's accounts/videos etc. are possibly real...and which one's not? This is in particular difficult when we deal with subjects like UFOs/Aliens etc. where we KNOW that about 95% of all stories are hoaxes and lies. So..chances are that if you believe right away you are 95% wrong..in other words: Its perfectly "legit" to be skeptic since history and experience does IN FACT show that only a minimal fraction of such stories is indeed true.

What does a researcher do? He looks at the various accounts/videos/witnesses etc. and decides which ones are credible according to certain criteria. The ones which fit good criteria are worth further investigating, the others not. As easy as that.

A rather cheesy story, a only 3 second long video clip only showing helicopters, logos and texts added to the video etc..no other witnesses...and other inconsistencies....so YES, i proudly disbelieve the OP and i do not feel bad about it
HECK...his footage doesnt even show an UFO...how lame

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The high pitched scream around the beginning of the video, was that from the object or one of your family members?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wither the Op is a UK Citizen which has been proven, or an American Citizen which has been unproven. Is besides the point.

The fact seems this thread has now been moved to the gray area which, I am myself is about to take up with the owners.

Seems if it does not happen in the USA then it is not worth talking about. News Press there is thing happening around the world you know. If you would take your ignorance and look maybe you might learn, the world does not revolve around the USA

To the Mods and Admin for moving this to Gray area

Flagged and starred btw

edit on 5-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: To prove a point.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Funny this was moved to the Gray Area, but it is still on the ATS front page.

Sad really there is those within ATS, who wish that this would go away.

Well it is not going to go away so tuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join