It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery company dissolves immediately after $1 million donation to Romney campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not up on fund-raising laws, but this seems to be a sashe around them. The company started 1 month before the donation and then closed up right after.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Well, just when I think I've got a good cushion of material to dislike Democrats for, someone like romney comes along to remind me that both sides of the isle are equally rank and corrupt. Hmpf.. Can't even take sides anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
nothing new here how do you think obama raised 1 billion dollars?

from the people
yeah right.

hes still spending millions in attorney fees to keep that info private.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
nothing new here how do you think obama raised 1 billion dollars?

Links?

from the people
yeah right.

Rich people I would assume.

hes still spending millions in attorney fees to keep that info private.

Spending millions to keep private info private?

You really do seem to have an illness. Nothing in this thread is about Obama. You did not even acknowledge what the OP is about. All you did was come into a thread about something crappy someone else did and lie about Obama.

What the hell is the deal with that?

ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime they claim new rules or new standards are going in place to fix this kind of crap, they just create bigger and bigger loopholes it seems.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When I grew up, it was right and wrong. Not democrat or republican. I'm an american! This 2 party system is 2 sides to the same worthless coin. This vote for the lesser of 2 evil crap is what makes me sick. The media has exposed itself to being bias in favor of corporate interests. I don't think the media will get away with it again.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
I'm not up on fund-raising laws, but this seems to be a sashe around them. The company started 1 month before the donation and then closed up right after.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

Romney should be kicked out of D.C. and banned from ever running for office.

I am disgusted.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Donations - bribing... whats the difference anymore... Atleast in the political world

Yeah so dang another 2 mysterious companies as well... I wonder how this info even got released, as I doubt many people care to check up on this kind of corruption... Its probably been going on for a long time

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

www.cbsnews.com...

www.opensecrets.org...

and there is or was and active doj investigation into obamas campaign contributions.

i am not here to spoonfeed people and stop making this personal

seem to me way too many people are brainwashed around here.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yea... like Neo said. He's right. Look at all the possibly unethical things Obama did and he should be investigated and prosecuted for them. But in the meantime, it's OK for Romney to do it 'cause that's the way it's done. Until the law comes down on them. But until then it's ok.

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Him and his buddie Toni Rezco were both about to indicted it appeared just prior to his running for president. Nobody around here seems to know why it didnt go through. A lot speculate that's why the state went after Rob Blagovich to take the attention away from Obama's big housing scam.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

thats been the name of the game for last 3 years and even longer its called "deflection" take the heat off and minds off and put them on something else.

blago,bp,healthcare,debt, etc they also call that misdirection i aint defending romney here but you cant get any more shady that money going to "poloticians" and that goes to the blue coats and the red coats.

yes money should come from the people and no one else that includes bankers,coporations and unions.

wont ever happen tho

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hillbilly

Thanks for the article. What surprises me is that it was so out in the open. And apparently there were two other donations which were also very questionable.

I'm disappointed in Romney. I had hopes that he was at least a moral man. His campaigns refusal to discuss this issue does not say much for him. He should immediatly look into this and return the three donations and rise above this.

And oh, keep on with the good finds regardless of of what the guardians of partisanship toss back at you. There are a few here who skim the new posts just to make sure everybody is in line with their own bias. I found a history lately of one of these self righteous keepers of truth who had posted on maybe 10 different threads in little over an hour and almost all of the replies were in the first three of each thread, taking the OPs thoughts and splitting the thread away from discussion and into argument.

So again thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Of course you're defending Romney.

Your defense is the classic "but everyone else is doing it".

Romney's a criminal who broke campaign finance laws.

Isn't he the dude with the magic underpants? Maybe he thought the magic dispenses with the need for honesty.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Of course you're defending Obama.

Obama a criminal who broke campaign finance laws.

Isn't he the dude with the magic underpants? Maybe he thought the magic dispenses with the need for honesty.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by neo96

Of course you're defending Romney.

Romney's a criminal who broke campaign finance laws.

No. He's not. What he is doing is showing how hypocritical the left is.
When a republican is exposed as a crook, everyone denounces that person.
When a liberal is exposed?
You folks play defense better than the Colts!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm puzzled -- why are you guys blaming Romney? Can you prove he was involved? If someone loves me and robs a bank to buy me a new car should *I* be indicted?

On the other hand, is it illegal for a group of people to band together with the goal of fundraising for their favorite candidate?

Is this incident a result of the new law which allowed corporations and unions to fundraise (sorry I can't find a reference to it)?

ETA: The new ruling was Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, No. 08-205

Link

edit on 4-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sounds like they are just doing a work around the law. They haven't broken any rules so can't be held accountable but it's certainly obvious what is going on. I'd imagine the only way the dems won't attack this is if Obama is guilty of the same thing in which case both sides will be hush hush.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The thread's not about Obama, and I didn't vote for him, didn't expect much of him, not defending him, so can it.

Have you considered treatment for obsessive/compulsive disorder?

No matter what the subject or the stance your posts are nearly always the same.

Perhaps you're a bot, that would explain the repetitive lack of connection to the subjects.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

If you knew the money was stolen, yes...if you planned the robbery, yes...if you encouraged the guy, yes.

I don't care which party a crooked pol belongs to, they're crooked and wrong.

It isn't a left/right/dem/repub thing. It's an ethics thing.

No excuses for either party.

Try to pull out of the partisanship please.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join