It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery company dissolves immediately after $1 million donation to Romney campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by mishigas

Try to pull out of the partisanship please.

Will never happen. The majority of people here are incapable of getting past the my-guy-is-better-than-your-guy infantile crap. Which is exactly what TPTB want. Keep us pissing on one another about meaningless crap while they rob us blind. Talk about deflection and distraction...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
nothing new here how do you think obama raised 1 billion dollars?

from the people
yeah right.

hes still spending millions in attorney fees to keep that info private.

Oh come on. All those donations were legit.
A little from here, a little from there, some from S. Africa, a couple from Russia, a few from China.
All just squeaking under the laws that require ID be provided by the donor.

Not saying Romney is any better. But, if you are going to shine the little, just don't cast it on those you despise. Better shine the light on all.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Corruption is bipartisan. It knows no party line!
And Mr McGuire, I said before the media showed their bag of tricks during the last presidential election. They won't be able to get away with the same twice.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Partisanship = Selective blindness. And there is partisanship written all over this thread. Obama is a crook, so was Bush, so was Clinton, so was Bush Sr etc..

Politics isn't a sport where you choose a team. I remember in JHS the teacher was teaching us about politics and party labels and it confused me so I asked what was the big deal about party labels, shouldn't we focus on the individual? She looked at me with a blank face and couldn't answer my question. I still remember that day and political bickering that I come across in threads like this aways brings me back to that day.

If you always vote party line then you are re-enforcing the duopoly that is the cancer of politics today.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, the only thing stopping revolutionary change in our country is our (trained) habit of identifying either with the left or the right, and seeing our "opponents" faults - and spending our heartfelt angst railing against "the other side." When we stop allowing the narrative to be divisive and separating us into political foes at each others throats, perhaps we will be able to solve our problems.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Business as usual in Chicago. Here's a blurb about ex-Mayor Daley's charity getting a $6.5 M contract 4 days before Daley was out of office - in other words, 4 days before Rahm took office

"Maggie Daley charity got $6.5-mil. city contract 4 days before Mayor Daley left office"

"A wonderful coincidence, no? After School Matters gets a grant agreement worth up to $6,480,000 "to support ongoing summer jobs and after-school programs for youth" just four days before Rahm Emanuel is sworn into office, vowing to search high and low for potential cuts to balance a budget that's $635 million in the red.

After School Matters and two different spokesmen for Mr. Emanuel say the timing of the grant was, um, a coincidence."

Emmanuel going to cancel that contract? Pretty much like telling Al Capone to get out New York - it ain't a healthy course of action.

Romney should return the money and to the extent that he is unable to do so, give it to charity. It is certainly not his fault that someone shady gave him cash. It is his fault if he keeps it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Mystery company dissolves immediately after $1 million donation to Romney campaign
Please discuss the topic.

Further off-topic remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts
edit on Thu Aug 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

reply to post by mishigas

If you knew the money was stolen, yes...if you planned the robbery, yes...if you encouraged the guy, yes.

I don't care which party a crooked pol belongs to, they're crooked and wrong.

It isn't a left/right/dem/repub thing. It's an ethics thing.

No excuses for either party.

Try to pull out of the partisanship please.

If - if - if. If a frog had wings....

And don't give me that partisan crap, please. What was partisan about my post? I am capable of debating a point without being partisan.

Stop trolling. It wastes time.
edit on 4-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Does anyone know the timeline on this donation?

Just curious. Romney signed the Marriage pledge today that Bachmann and Santorum had previously signed.

Is there a coincidence between this donation and now choosing to sign this pledge?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Does this really surprise anyone? Romney is a shill as are the grossly misinformed people who back him. He doesn't care where he gets his campaign contributions; who needs morals when you can have lots of money?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh - - I think some computer hackers are gearing up right now.

I don't think its gonna stay a secret for long.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The “authorized person” that filed the W Spann LLC incorporation papers and then canceled them was Casey, the Boston estate tax planner lawyer, who specializes in “wealth transfer strategies” as an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Private Client Group’s trust and estate practice for high end clients, according to her biography on the Ropes & Gray’s website.

One of the Rope & Gray’s longtime clients is Bain Capital, the investment firm formerly headed by Romney. It is also one of a number of major companies — including UBS, IBM and Cemex — that have offices at 590 Madison, the address listed for W Spann.

Politics as usual. The real culprit here is the Citizens United ruling that allows corporations unlimited donating (i.e. bribing) politicos, even corporations that materialize overnight and vanish like a fart in the wind.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Politics as usual. The real culprit here is the Citizens United ruling that allows corporations unlimited donating (i.e. bribing) politicos, even corporations that materialize overnight and vanish like a fart in the wind.

Don't forget that those same rights are also given to labor unions.

Just being fair here.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The obama campaign never bothered to account for about $220 million of his campaign contributions (about half) so... whatever.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
The obama campaign never bothered to account for about $220 million of his campaign contributions (about half) so... whatever.

Then maybe you should start a thread about Obama's campaign contributions.

Justice asked to probe mystery donation to pro-Romney group

Two campaign reform groups are asking the Justice Department to investigate a mysterious $1 million contribution to a political committee backing Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney from an obscure company that shut down shortly after making the donation.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 4-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
$1m mystery donor to PAC for Romney ID’s himself

Stop the presses -- mystery solved.

WASHINGTON - Hours after two nonpartisan campaign-finance watchdogs filed complaints yesterday with federal election officials and the US attorney general, a mysterious $1 million donor to a political action committee supporting presidential candidate Mitt Romney came forward and identified himself.

The contributor, Edward Conard, is a former executive with Bain Capital, which was cofounded by Romney, and said last night that he did not intend to circumvent election laws when he created a company, W Spann LLC, which paid the contribution without Conard’s name attached.

“I did so after consulting prominent legal counsel regarding the transaction, and based on my understanding that the contribution would comply with applicable laws,’’ he told Politico in a statement last night

Link

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Here's a small sampling of some of the knee-jerk comments from ATS members.

"Well, just when I think I've got a good cushion of material to dislike Democrats for, someone like romney comes along to remind me that both sides of the isle are equally rank and corrupt." - Wrabbit

This one was especially surprising...

"
Romney should be kicked out of D.C. and banned from ever running for office.

I am disgusted." -- beezer

This one was expected...

"
Romney's a criminal who broke campaign finance laws.

Isn't he the dude with the magic underpants? Maybe he thought the magic dispenses with the need for honesty" -- apacheman

I hope that some of you learn a lesson here. But... past experience makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How does the link you post change anything? Regardless whether it's legal through some loop hole or not, purposely opening a fake company for the purpose of going around campaign laws is still sleezy (no matter who does it dem or reb). Who cares if the identity is known or not.

www.fec.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join