It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of the world is bankrupt... so where is all the money?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not financial expert and I'm sure there are many experts on here that will answer my question simply.

If you look at the list of countries by external debt it looks like this

A few links to back up what I'm saying (not that they are needed)

Euro Crisis - Debt spreading

Debt Crisis: Live

US raises debt ceiling

A total global debt of $63,927,679,988,000 USD or £39.1473852 trillion GBP

Now that's an extremely large proportion of the planets countries and states that are in debt. I understand that all of these countries will owe money to another in debt but surely it is not possible for this amount of money to be 'missing' from these countries bank accounts.

I really can't understand where all this money is because it sure as hell isn't in Europe, the UK or the US and it certainly isn't in Africa. Russia, China and Japan appear to be in quite a bit of debt too. Maybe it has been spent bribing the aliens to help us. I hope someone can explain this to me.

edit on 4-8-2011 by fiftyfifty because: ETA more info

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
are you kidding china has sh*t loads of dosh!

they are currently at economic war with the US

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You dont understand the monetary system......there is no money, just bits of worthless paper.

Debts are owed to banking cartels.....they are like the mafia, but more powerful than governments

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
are you kidding china has sh*t loads of dosh!

they are currently at economic war with the US

Well according to this, China is 22nd on the debt list, hardly rolling in it!

My point is that I don't understand the monetary system. I know it's not physical bank notes being pased around but the question is who are these cartels and organisations that are holding all of this money. Oil, banks (who are crumbling day by day) utilities? Where are they?

ETA I know we are well aware of some of them but not enough to count for this much global debt.
edit on 4-8-2011 by fiftyfifty because: clarification

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Capitalism is a debt based system. It can't exist without debt. If you took all the money in the world and tried to pay off the debt, you couldn't do it. It's just one massive ponzi scheme. The debt just gets constantly moved around, ever increasing. Then, inevitably, you get an economic crash.

st.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

all countries owe a bit of money thats just how the system works

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dont have tine to explain it all here now, but If you do a little research, you will find that this money never really existed in the first place.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The Annunaki took it back to their home land in a form of GOLD

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

In a similar way to hyperinflation where physical money keeps getting printed? This led to the wall street crash in 1929. A global economic crash does look very imminent. Where will this end up and leave average Joe like most of us? Very worrying time. If there are any false flags going on, I'd say they are the ones designed to keep our minds away from the true economic catastrophe which is on it's way are the real ones. Could all these Armageddon believers have the wrong end of the stick. This could be the end of the world as we know it... Dramatic maybe? Likely possibly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
The Annunaki took it back to their home land in a form of GOLD

Haha yea 165,000 tons of gold was worth waiting millions of years for..........i assume this is a sarcastic reply??

Gold is everywhere in the universe, no need for us to mine it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I think a lot of it went to plastic products and electronics and consumer goods that are sitting in the dump now.
There is a floating barge of garbage the size of TEXAS in the Pacific.
There's where the money is.

All Hail Capitalism.
A beautiful thing.
Maybe we can float on that barge of garbage?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I asked a similar question on here not long ago.

The money not actually existing is a good point but where is the wealth that the money represented?

I guess that would be us. We were bought and sold as commodities, our labor, our health, our arts, our lives because to live we must pay for everything. We are the wealth of our leaders and their source of income, we are currency.

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Despite all the fear-mongering news, USA won't default on its debt without bringing down the entire world's forex altogether.

Paper currencies are ponzi crimes implemented by bankers and government to enslave the population.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Most of the nations depts are hold by the respective national banks (wich are private corporations) because this is the only way money is created. You can not create money without dept.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls

The money not actually existing is a good point but where is the wealth that the money represented?

I guess that would be us. We were bought and sold as commodities, our labor, our health, our arts, our lives because to live we must pay for everything. We are the wealth of our leaders and their source of income, we are currency.

Just my thoughts

A very good point. Very sad that we have been brought up to accept this as normal. When you look at some of the few tribes left with minimal 'western' contact, they appear ot be some of the happiest people in the world yet have no money. Money is the root of all evil and we depend on money.. therefore we depend on evil. A religious man might say that we are under the control of the devil. Luckily I'm not a religious man

edit on 4-8-2011 by fiftyfifty because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you check out RBS bankers get £950m in bonuses despite £1.1bn lossYou'll understand what has been going on here!!

Bankers bonuses!!!

More than 100 bankers at Royal Bank of Scotland were paid more than £1m last year and total bonus payouts reached nearly £1bn – even though the bailed-out bank reported losses of £1.1bn for 2010.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The money are all digits on a computer screen.

two

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Until a Banker cashes in his 1m digit bonus for a REAL luxury yacht!!

edit on 4-8-2011 by zerozero00 because: cant spell

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Most people do not understand how the world’s economy actually works. Everyone must realize if a nation has a central bank, which almost every nation in the world does, there is no money, there is only debt. This is how the world economy has been designed by the global elite. I know this sounds so foreign from what we are taught, it sounds like some crazy conspiracy theory, I can assure you it is not. It is quite simple scheme, but this scheme relies on the people of the world not understanding how the system actually works, if they did the system would collapse.

The nation’s central bank creates a bond out of thin air, no real asset backs this bond, it is an unsecured loan, this bond is the currency in use in said nation. Take a close look at the US Dollar and you will find it plainly written “Federal Reserve NOTE”. The word NOTE means promissory note. The Central Bank then transfers these promissory notes to the Treasury of the nation for a Treasury Bond, which is a secured debt, secured by the assets and labor of the people of that nation. The people of that nation are then indebted to the Central Bank just for allowing the Central Bank to control the currency supply. Which their own Treasury could do without the Central Bank in the first place.

This is the scheme we find ourselves in today.

You ask where did all the money go,

There was never any money in the first place.

The real question is how did we get this far into debt.

The answer to that is this, this is how the system is designed. Once a nation has a Central Bank that nation can NEVER get out of debt, the debt increases because the nation now has to accept more debt just to pay the loan payment.

Taxation does NOT provide funding for anything but a debt payment. You and everyone that works, now must work 4 months and give your earnings, your labor to the Central Bank.

Welcome to Slavery.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Threegirls

Just my thoughts

A very good point. Very sad that we have been brought up to accept this as normal. When you look at some of the few tribes left with minimal 'western' contact, they appear ot be some of the happiest people in the world yet have no money. Money is the root of all evil and we depend on money.. therefore we depend on evil. A religious man might say that we are under the control of the devil. Luckily I'm not a religious man

edit on 4-8-2011 by fiftyfifty because: spelling

I watched a documentary just yesterday about our money and they had exactly this example.

During the 1960 - 1970 french researchers studied a tribe called the khune which were supposed to be the most conservative tribe on earth. They had lived their lives without any change approximately 40.000 years long. Their settlement was build in a circle with the entrance to the middle so anyone could watch into the tend of the others. If a hunter made a big catch they cooked the meat in front of the tend and anybody was invited to eat with them.

10 years after the nation of Nigeria started trading with the tribe of the khune and they had contact mith money the society had changed very much. The entrance to any tend was now facing away from the center so nobody could look into into the others tend, when someone made a big catch they would now cook it in the tend and they also didn´t share anything with their tribe members anymore.

I think this is also a good example to debunk anyone saying that there will always be greed because it is inherent with the human species and survival of the fittest ...it isn´t. Money is the root of all evil

edit on 4-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join