It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of the world is bankrupt... so where is all the money?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The money is tied up in loans, interest payments, and is just all out money on paper.

The worldwide system of trading, purchasing, lending, and owning is on the verge of collapse. At the end of the day, no one will owe (or be able to pay) anyone for anything. This is what happens when bank notes are printed on paper that are more valuable than the bank note itself. Meaning, paper money is no way to do business. When currencies differ from country to country, it makes the notes even more worthless. It cannot be backed by gold and other precious metals simply because those resources are not sustainable and there is only but so much of it on earth.

I see bartering and co-oping in our future.
edit on 4-8-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What if money had an expiration date? Then large stores of hoarded currency could be forced into circulation endlessly, keeping the economy flowing instead of the current cycle which guarantees recession and depression. When money "expires" it could then be reprinted as a new bill with no new debt attached.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Capitalism is a debt based system. It can't exist without debt. If you took all the money in the world and tried to pay off the debt, you couldn't do it. It's just one massive ponzi scheme. The debt just gets constantly moved around, ever increasing. Then, inevitably, you get an economic crash.

st.

It's what world wars are for. A world banking reset.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

It seems it is just about time for a banking "reset". It also seems like we are on the verge of being at war with just about everybody. I guess that also explains why banks always finance BOTH sides of wars.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
only 1.5 to 3.5% of the weath of any country is in cash or coins...the stuff you can hold.
The rest is all debt on computers.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of this money never existed to begin with. It is like me lending you some money and saying pay me an extra 10%. Then you do the same with someone else asking for 20%. Well eventually we end up with seemingly real money that is owed but never existed. My current view of the world’s financial system is a game of Chinese whispers passing on the fee each participant incurs in order to play the game.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
it's all numbers in databases, and numbers on paper in bank accounts

in the caymans and in switzerland

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I think a lot of it went to plastic products and electronics and consumer goods that are sitting in the dump now.
There is a floating barge of garbage the size of TEXAS in the Pacific.
There's where the money is.

All Hail Capitalism.
A beautiful thing.
Maybe we can float on that barge of garbage?

A floating barge of garbage the size of texas.. Funny, I can not find a single photo of anything bigger than a car.. why is that?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
would a simple fix to the economy be a sort of debt forgiveness i mean seeing how the money doesnt really exist and the countries of the world are consumed by debt why not just wipe the slate clean disolve all debt the money doesn't exist anyways, so erase the debt not increase it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The way I see it there really is no "money" at the scale were talking about.

Think of it like this......

Every country has a credit card and simply charges more than they make. So they go into debt.

When the credit card reaches it's limit and they can't borrow anymore the just raise the limit (debt ceiling)

What the US government is doing.... would be like you maxing out a credit card and then just deciding to raise the limit every time you max it out. You NEVER get it paid off because you just keep charging more and going more into debt.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am quite ignorant about financial things but thats how I understand it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here ya go. Its all explained.

Experienced ATSer, please embed.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Debt means they want people like me and you to go out and work our a**'s off like slaves for money while they sit back and rule the world. Money isn't real it never was and never will be. The Federal Reserve is the most corrupt system on this planet.

It's like a joke; printing money backed by nothing real.
edit on 8/4/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's all in China. haha

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Explanation: St*rred!

Personal Disclosure:
... :shk:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
The Annunaki took it back to their home land in a form of GOLD

ahahah classic!

In all seriousness though, there never was any money, it only exists because we have debt, without the debt, no cash.....

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So if there is no real money, and its all just made up and funneled into the elite banker's pockets, wouldn't it be easier for us if we just all decided we should stop using money? you know let the elite keep their digital currencies or whatever, and we just barter or trade or go back to some old system.
I am not saying we should stop buying things and enjoying the consumerism side of life, I'm just saying like as with all other major problems if people could come together we could probably work out a way to just circumvent the elites...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
you should clarify your post title, most of the world governments are broke, alot of people are not.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

... so where is all the money?

It has been spent....TATAAH....on wars..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I hope their next beam teaches them well

Good post OP

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join