It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Darkest Hour (new 2011 sci fi film)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I know :shk: Shocking really.

LOVE your "board meeting" sketch up there, absolutely hilarious

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

I think such things would be if they did it to survive, in the sense humans are hostile to fish, cows, pigs, ducks, snakes, chickens etc. These animals are sources of food to alot of humans, eaten without guilt or remorse. The concept of the film has certain lovecraftian elements and seems fresh and exciting. I was becoming jaded with the borish end of world films churned out by Hollywood film industries.

On another note Ive had similars film ideas of extra-dimensional entities attcking like trap-door spiders. I guess my idea has been realised in a way. Strange but fun.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: grammer correction.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The concept of the film has certain Lovecraftian elements and seems fresh and exciting.

Really? Lovecraftian elements?

Maybe I missed something in the trailer but it seemed more like an allegory for extravagant energy consumption. Now I don't have a Lit degree but didn't Lovecraft write about the horrors of the human mind and "those things which man is not meant to see"? Lovecraftian maybe in the sense that beings not of this world are scaring the crap out of people. But in that sense a lot of movies could be considered Lovecraftian.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
love these kinds of movies

thanks for the heads up

edit on 22-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

pretty cool way of showing what would happen if extra-dimensional beings invaded us

Extra dimensional or extraterrestrial ??

It says "they are not from our world"

That makes them extraterrestrial

But if our world is in a different dimension than theirs, it would make them extradimensional. Or if they are terrestrial, they could be extradimensionalterrestrial.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
watched it was deff weird

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Last night went to cinema.
Nothing much of interest.
Reluctantly decided on "The Darkest Hour".

I was very surprised at this movie. For one - no big name actors.
Reviews talks of "Flat Acting", "Poor story line".

For me - I personally think this was one of the best movies I have seen in many years.
Truely not on par with the likes of Mission Impossible IV; but then Hollywood is really boring repetition.

BUT:
Not the normal shoot-me is shoot-you with human like forms of aliens.
Go watch, the concepts are all about electrical phenomena!

Faraday Cage, Home made Microwave guns, Radiant electricity - and my favourite "Mini Black Holes". (which by the way fits in with my theory of Black Hole being point of no polarity!)

Oh and the "invisible" alliens? If they can absorb energy waves; that also includes the EM spectrum
- that way they might prevent the reflection of light waves = invisible.

I truely rate this one of the most revealing movies in ages. Best still - with what I know - it is all too realisticly possible!

Oh and by the way of 'bad acting' - I give these actors TOP RATE. There was No-Acting at all.
They were natural, so natural it is like candid camera on real live scenario.

Truely an Alternative movie!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I want my money back. Movie started off good but the ending, royally blew. So, disappointed.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join