It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel's new Mossad chief behind assassination of Iran nuclear scientist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Report: Israel's new Mossad chief behind assassination of Iran nuclear scientist

www.haaret z.com

"This was the first public operation of the new Mossad chief Tamir Pardo," an Israeli intelligence official reportedly told Der Spiegel.

The report also claimed that there is a fierce debate in Israel over the efficiency of such assassinations and it also stated that Israel Air Force officers have stepped up their calls to bomb Iran's nuclear reactor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
More blatant proof of Israeli state-sanctioned terrorism against Iran. It also appears that the Israel Air Force keeps lobbying to bomb Iran.

I wonder what the reprecussions would be if Iranian agents assassinated Israeli scientists? I bet liberty bombs would be falling on Tehran soon afterwards.

Article also states that this is the fourth assassination attempt on Iranian nuclear scientists in mere months.

www.haaret z.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-8-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: words

edit on 2-8-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: more words

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is this what the US billions of aid to Israel goes to?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
These guys are really getting out of hand. I dont understand how the rest of the world can stand by and let them get away with it. State sponsored terrorism should be frowned on no matter what the reason is.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm not surprised in the least. The assassination was obvious, although it was reported very objectively and nobody was implicated.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Have we forgot that Iran wants the destruction of Israel and THE WEST!?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is the quote from the article

"Israel's Mossad is behind the assassination of an Iranian nuclear scientist last week, the German weekly Der Spiegel reported, quoting "a source in Israel's intelligence community."

It comes from a "SOURCE" ..... That's not to convincing to me.

So a German magazine prints an article that slaps Mossad without any facts other than a "SOURCE"

This site is supposed to deny ignorance. So without more facts, I'd say this could have just been madeup by the author of the article.

Now, I can believe that Israel has an interest in seeing those scientists dead, but this was hardly proof.

The source could have been the janitor.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

"Israel's Mossad is behind the assassination of an Iranian nuclear scientist last week, the German weekly Der Spiegel reported, quoting "a source in Israel's intelligence community."

So a German magazine prints an article that slaps Mossad without any facts other than a "SOURCE"

This site is supposed to deny ignorance. So without more facts, I'd say this could have just been madeup by the author of the article.

Now, I can believe that Israel has an interest in seeing those scientists dead, but this was hardly proof.

So what is your point?

Unless the journalist witnessed these events in person, then the information can only be provided by a source.

And there are few quarrels with posting news based from sketchy sources when they are claiming that Iran wants to nuke Israel, to which the grossly misinformed eat up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hahaha its a german source no surpise there

exterminatin de jude!

fur ein volk fur ein reich fur ein fuhrer!

..and all that..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Personally, I find no problem with this if it's true. I sincerely hope they take out a few more. If at any time in the future Iran gets a nuke, kiss not only the Israeli's but any western country not Muslim goodbye. We will assuredly be the next targets!

Zindo
edit on 8/2/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Must be good to be able to cruise around the world murdering people when and where ever you like. Mossad have a get out of jail free card, every time. No doubt using false passports stolen from their allies. But if a muslim country did this? Its the terrorists. Of course any one who disagrees, is a anti semite nazi bla bla bla

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Is this what the US billions of aid to Israel goes to?

Not just that but every cup of crap that Starbucks puts out adds a little more to their war kitty.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Personally, I find no problem with this if it's true. I sincerely hope they take out a few more. If at any time in the future Iran gets a nuke, kiss not only the Israeli's but any western country not Muslim goodbye. We will assuredly be the next targets!

Zindo
edit on 8/2/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

..lol.. ATM my crystal ball is in the shop.. once repaired, I will gaze into the future and look into this apocalyptic scenario.

The GOP & DNC have lied more people dead, not to mention started about a dozen more wars.. YET, it's the Iranians, who haven't attacked anyone in how long?..that I'm supposed to be afraid of?.. lmao..

Buying into the oligarchs fear based media propaganda is just silly at this point..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

What do you mean "We" you sound like some ancient school marm. Haven't you noticed that we continually hear such utter rubbish trotted out such as 'OOh so and so threatened us'. The thing is, No I haven't heard Iran threaten to exterminate Israel. MEMRI's mistranslation of Armadinejad's speech said that, but was that what he actually said?? What I have heard and seen on my tv is how the Israeli Government behaves. Its Israel's government that exterminates people its Israel that murders people and steals other country's passports. In fact many Israeli are up in protest about their government's mad policies.

Sorry I can't say Iran has done anything that I know of that necessitates any country murdering its people or bombing it. Also ideas of Israel bombing Iran would possibly have repercussions on the Jewish community that lives there peacefully. that would almost be reminescent of how little thought was given to the Jewish communities in Europe when Ben Gurion was setting up Israel.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Wildbob77

So what is your point?

Unless the journalist witnessed these events in person, then the information can only be provided by a source.

And there are few quarrels with posting news based from sketchy sources when they are claiming that Iran wants to nuke Israel, to which the grossly misinformed eat up.

Were Der Spiegel to have published the same article quoting an anonymous Iranian Ministry of Intelligence operator as acknowledging Heyder Moslehi (the MISIRI director) of having officially sanctioned something equally as dastardly, say the latest round of Hamas rocket attacks, the knee jerk reaction from the resident ATS anti-zionist peanut gallery would be to dismiss it as poorly disseminated Israeli propaganda without a second thought.

My intention is not to suggest the Mossad would not commit such an operation in flagrant disregard for national sovereignty, they have and I believe would again, however I find the motivation of a public admission suspect.

International relations 101 says that state sponsored assassination of a rival governments citizens is off limits because they will only repay you in kind.

There are three possibilities.

1) The article is true and the Israeli's purposely leaked this information acknowledging their responsibility, perhaps with the aim of intimidating other members of the Iranian nuclear program into quitting out of fear.

2) The article is true and an internal whistleblower were naive enough to believe they could identify themselves as a Mossad agent and still remain personally anonymous while leaking details of highly classified operations that could result in tremendous international backlash and condemnation.

3) The unnamed source are not in truth what they say they are and Der Spiegel is being duped by a third party into disseminating propaganda to erode international confidence and public opinion regarding Israel.

In this case, even if the Mossad is responsible, I'm betting on door #3...

This is the fourth attack on an Iranian nuclear scientist in the past year. In the previous cases, Iranian media outlets and spokesmen accused the Mossad, the CIA and MI6 of being behind the strikes.

Lastly..

posting news based from sketchy sources...to which the grossly misinformed eat up.

I would be careful with such statements and play nice Dimitri, your current source is credible (I'd bet citing haaretz.com was not an accident
), however does the idiom regarding people in glass houses ring a bell ...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, it's a very uncertain source, but good, if it's true. The last head of Mossad recently retired. It was unsure whether the new head had the chops to carry on the effort. If true, he's established his bona fides. Remember that Iran has publicly stated they want Israel wiped off the face of the earth. I'd rather Israel take out a couple of key elements that resort to bombs and rockets on Iran. Anything to slow down Iran's nuke program is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

No actually they haven't attacked any one directly. They just happen to agree with and facilitate actions by others so they will seem to have plausible denial. I also guess that you continually ignore their own words and statements as to their true intent on the western world. That's ok with me, just don't complain when we are in another war that hits our shores and not the 'Domestic Terrorists' doing what Janette Incompitano says they intend!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Thankyou for some sanity.

Many users as this site revel when they get an opportunity to Bash Israel. Its gotten pathological.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The new Mossad chief likes spilling the truth about assassinations after the hype dies down.
How about this article.

New Mossad chief to apologise for use of UK passports in Dubai killing

The new head of Israel's secret service, Mossad, is ready to apologise for the use of forged British passports during the assassination of a leading Hamas militant in Dubai.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/8224391/New-Mossad-chief-to-apologise-for-use-of-UK-passports-in-Dubai-killing.html[/ url]

The thing is every body attacks the news as if it were false then when the hype dies down Mossad openly admits what they did. And no body ever complains once they do spill the beans them selves becase by then its old news. When will things change?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Of course, this info will be downplayed, and when enough of Iran's citizens have been offed, and they retaliate, the media will naturally jump on the "Israel right to defend" bandwagon.

How many Israeli or American citizens could be assassinated before retaliation?

In Iraq's case, zero, and still face "retaliation".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join