It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt bill passed, 269 - 161, 3 none voters.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Apparently the votes don't really matter, Check out this quote from Wikipedia about the 14 amendment.

"[49] Legal analyst Jeffrey Rosen has argued that Section 4 gives the president unilateral authority to raise or ignore the national debt ceiling, and that if challenged the Supreme Court would likely rule in favor of expanded executive power or dismiss the case altogether for lack of standing.[50] Erwin Chemerinsky, professor and dean at University of California, Irvine School of Law, has argued that not even in a "dire financial emergency" could the President raise the debt ceiling as "there is no reasonable way to interpret the Constitution that [allows him to do so]". [51] The issue of the 14th Amendment and the debt ceiling has been categorized as an unsettled question in the legal community.[52]"

Unsettled until they want to pull that wild card is more accurate, then they'll say, "It's as clear as day" then he will do what ever he wants.

So, as we can all see, the votes don't matter in a dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The only potential good in all of this is that maybe the country and world sees how crazy and reckless the republican tea party is. If the country is to survive, it will throw them out of office, but I am not optimistic because the US populace is the most ignorant in the world by far.

Why on earth are you singling out the tea party? It's the vile, evil banksters who created this mess, supported by virtually every corrupt politician - Tea Party/Rep/Dem - no matter, with only two or three exceptions, they are all corrupt, greedy, amoral and in the pocket of the puppeteers.

Be angry by all means, but for goodness sake direct the anger to where it needs to go - to the core of the problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Well looks like they have authorized an additional 1.0-1.2 trillion in additional debt each year through fiscal year 2021.
Oh and I am not sure that I like how the balanced budget deficit and spending act does not apply to the congressional budget office. Why not?? Also the goal of the joint committee is to reduce the deficit by 1.5 trillion some time between now and 2021.
This bill is total garbage!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by inforeal

And what has raising the debt ceiling accomplished might I ask?Has it addressed any spending issues?

Of course not, defaulting on the loan would havve been the only thing that would have forced them to reduce spending and forced the Fed Res into accountability, which in turn would curtail the power of the evil banking cartel. That's why they made such a big deal of the 'disastrous' effects of not raising the ceiling. Remember everything they say is lies and doublespeak.

It would have been disastrous for the corrupt mafia banksters more than anyone. Now they will be off on more spending sprees to reduce the american people to their knees.

America just lost a huge opportunity to start to get itself and the world out of the grip of the bloody Cabal.

edit on 1-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

and what happens when our rating is downgraded? answer: higher interest rates across the board for every person who holds a credit card, car loan, mortgage and/or student loan. will the tea party accept responsibilty if or when this happens? I doubt it. accepting responsibility involves character and scruples and the tea party has neither of these. they wouldn't know a scruple if it smacked them in the face.

The mortgage rate I have is a contract between me and the bank. It will NOT be raised by this law.

The govt's job is to enforce contracts, not abrogate them.

Stop being alarmist. You're worse those who cried that SS checks would not go out.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

yawn.

its a sad day when holding out for real solutions is frowned upon. there's a reason everyone is saying this bill is "bipartisan". neither side wants to take credit for it because they know its terrible. if you accept credit, you also accept blame.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

The only potential good in all of this is that maybe the country and world sees how crazy and reckless the republican tea party is. If the country is to survive, it will throw them out of office, but I am not optimistic because the US populace is the most ignorant in the world by far.

Why on earth are you singling out the tea party? It's the vile, evil banksters who created this mess, supported by virtually every corrupt politician - Tea Party/Rep/Dem - no matter, with only two or three exceptions, they are all corrupt, greedy, amoral and in the pocket of the puppeteers.

Be angry by all means, but for goodness sake direct the anger to where it needs to go - to the core of the problem.

Exactly.

Those partylines are just meant to divide us to have us at eachothers throats.... Machiavellian.

Multinational Bankers are the place to start.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by wcitizen

Exactly.

Those partylines are just meant to divide us to have us at eachothers throats.... Machiavellian.

Multinational Bankers are the place to start.

Absolutely. If only the majority of people would really grasp this fact, but instead they continue to blindly follow the heinous agenda by remaining blindly locked in the heated fictitious party hatreds, and keep feeding their energy into supporting the Vermin's lies and their own slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join