It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt bill passed, 269 - 161, 3 none voters.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There you have it, past by 108 votes. There is no actual news source as it literally just got voted to pass.

Will this be the biggest social divide in modern american history? The republicans where very stern on the fact that the rich will not be taxed to help save the USA, so inevitably, like usual, the cuts will come from people on the other end of the wealth spectrum. We'll have to wait till November to find out where the cuts will be taking place, but i guess we can all take a guess.

Sympathy's for civilians of the USA for the next 10years.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

BBC News
edit on 1-8-2011 by Trolloks because: add source

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Change the second 2 to a 1. (in the title, it didn't pass by 1 vote)
I give a
for it passing.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The CBA factored in the Bush tax cuts next year. Wait until Middle America finds out that they will not be getting that extra credit for each child. See how that works out.
The 30 none voters should be thrown out of office for derelict of duty. On anything this major, They all need to vote!

Anyone know who the 30 were? throw them out of office...pansies.
edit on 8/1/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

Time to throw out the GOP establishment.
edit on 8/1/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The no voters should be hung , drawn and quartered. They where voted in to vote for us not to abstain.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Was the voting numbers different in the end? I tried to post it on here asap, so the numbers may of re-freshed while i was typing, even though the timer was on 0:00 for round half a minute,lol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It was actually 269 to 161 with 3 no votes. Now lets wait and see the bill that nobody had time to read.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Anyone know how i can edit the thread title?? Dont want to be gettin the none vote casters wrong :s
Why are they're people in congress who dont vote on matters as important as these?? Shouldn't they loose they're job, as it is part of their job description to vote on behalf of the public that voted them in??

Managed to change the title

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The only potential good in all of this is that maybe the country and world sees how crazy and reckless the republican tea party is. If the country is to survive, it will throw them out of office, but I am not optimistic because the US populace is the most ignorant in the world by far.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I had expected the tea party to vote no. I was counting on it actually...This one has me confused. What else is new I guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
These people need to listen to Quark.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Anyone know how i can edit the thread title?? Dont want to be gettin the none vote casters wrong :s
Why are they're people in congress who dont vote on matters as important as these?? Shouldn't they loose they're job, as it is part of their job description to vote on behalf of the public that voted them in??

Managed to change the title

It's simple, they were elected by people who believe in politics, then they collect their checks.

Real simple illusion.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
It was actually 269 to 161 with 3 no votes. Now lets wait and see the bill that nobody had time to read.

And if the circus wasn't even more crazy, Gabriel Giffords shows up to vote "yes"!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The only potential good in all of this is that maybe the country and world sees how crazy and reckless the republican tea party is. If the country is to survive, it will throw them out of office, but I am not optimistic because the US populace is the most ignorant in the world by far.

Uhm, did you not watch the voting? Democrats voted almost 50/50 yea/nay. So should we continue to throw out the Democrats too? They are just as guilty of passing this as anyone there. I don't understand your deep seeded hate for the Tea Party.
Also, you are an American so you are classing yourself as ignorant? Your generalizations are just amazing!
Have you always kept your expectations low your whole life, just so that you wouldn't be disappointed?
edit on 8/1/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

this bill is the death sentence of america. say hello to a 22 trillion debt in 10 years and goodby to a once great nation.

the tea party tried to hold out for better, but they didn't have the numbers. i have little hope that the senate will make the right choice and kill this debauchery.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

this bill is the death sentence of america. say hello to a 22 trillion debt in 10 years and goodby to a once great nation.

the tea party tried to hold out for better, but they didn't have the numbers. i have little hope that the senate will make the right choice and kill this debauchery.

Oh the Senate will pass it no doubt. They just used the wild card with Giffords coming back and voting "yes". They got their sympathy vote now. Lets see if there is another circus show and staged event come tomorrow?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is a link to the actual bill:

rules.house.gov...

The debt ceiling will be raised each year, for the next 10 years, and there is $684 billion more dollars going toward "security." There is some cryptic language about funding the Disaster Relief Program.. This is the first time I've read a Budget Control Act, is this normal?

This is pretty long, I'm still reading through it between busy moments at work, but I'm curious about what others think.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the tea party republicans wanted this nation to default, they say they hate government, they don't want to pay any taxes....why do a majority of people elect representatives that only care about the top 2%.

every country that has had a small but wealthy segment that has controlled the government, and that has NOT shared the wealth with its population, has been overthrown in a violent matter. no theory, just history.
edit on 1-8-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

ehhhh, you've got that wrong. the real death sentence to America is the tea party. make no mistake about it, these people have done some serious damage to America and more importantly, the American people. there is still a very good chance our credit rating will be downgraded because of all the b/s the tea party caused in the House. we look like one big dysfunctional government in the eyes of the world. and what happens when our rating is downgraded? answer: higher interest rates across the board for every person who holds a credit card, car loan, mortgage and/or student loan. will the tea party accept responsibilty if or when this happens? I doubt it. accepting responsibility involves character and scruples and the tea party has neither of these. they wouldn't know a scruple if it smacked them in the face. throw these bums out of office ASAP.
edit on 1-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added more

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's very bad news for the US and the world....the banksters remain in control and now have the vote to continue to extort wealth from the people and funnel it into their own coffers.

The stench of corruption and evil in DC is utterly nauseating.

edit on 1-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And what has raising the debt ceiling accomplished might I ask?Has it addressed any spending issues?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join