It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Possible Paranormal Photographs Fom The W.I.S.P.S Gallery

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch
 


Hi Woody,

Thanks for posting some interesting pics.
I particularly liked the crouching figure by the stream, and the girl at the bottom of the stairs ones!

Might just be the effects of enhancing the images, or even pareidolia, but I do love looking at these!

I think I've shown you the ones below before, but I was wondering if anyone visiting your thread can see anything in them? (I hope you don't mind me adding them here?)







Well, does anyone see anything in these ones? (Be Kind!!!)

regards,
G




posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   




I can honestly say that I see images in the last three pictures that I could understand to be part of a humanoid figure. However, I do not see anything that I think is part of a humanoid figure. For me, these are good examples of directed pareidolia (ie directed because you've already suggested that I should be able to see something).



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob


... I can honestly say that I see images in the last three pictures that I could understand to be part of a humanoid figure. However, I do not see anything that I think is part of a humanoid figure. For me, these are good examples of directed pareidolia (ie directed because you've already suggested that I should be able to see something).


Thanks Bob!

The thing is.... I see 'em too! (And I wasn't directed!)

regards,

GTD

ETA - It's funny.... I thought the 1st pic was the most.... like something!
edit on 1-8-2011 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add an extra observation



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Great pictures you have there. They are very interesting, thanks for sharing these.



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So i'm fairly good with photos, and unfortunately, as has been shown, it's usually TOO easy to dismiss "artefacts".

The girl on the moor literally jumped at me, the rest ... fairly inconclusive. The thing is this though: you only need 1 photo with an inexplicable "form" clearly shown to prove that "something"is out there, only 1.

Of course it's never enough for the critics, but for those who are curious, it warrants further investigation.

I do like your your "blank" photo idea, no flash etc, but i think digital cameras would be a problem, since they're auto-everything, and would probably not focus correctly etc, all adding to a lousy pic. An old 35mm point and snap is the way i would go, your Olympus is also great, if the focal length is set, with a 400 or even 800 ASA film, it's grainy, but very light sensitive. Perhaps a single candle could be illumination? It's good because it's a natural light (if red) but would be enough, imho. Tripod is also a MUST.

The other recording technique that's actually been a LOT more successful is audio recording. Often researchers discover that when recording an "empty" house, when back at the studio there are noises coming through, sometime manipulation is needed, slowing or speeding the audio, but i've heard all manner of oddity, from breathing, to spoken words, and other noises, which were not audible at the time of recording. Perhaps an addition to your equipment?

peace Woodwytch



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Thank you for all the interesting photos.. This is a well done thread and i can see you put allot of time into putting it together..The photograph The Spirit Of The Moors is most interesting i do see a transparent figure sitting beside the beck gazeing into the water..The photo Girl On The Cellar Steps im seeing a faint outline of something im not sure its anything paranormal its to bad nothing occurred or was captured along corridors and passageways what a wonderful place to investigate..The Red Eyes Case i do see the eyes and think it does hold some paranormal content and yes its a very interesting photo..Im not trying to analysis the photos im just telling you what i see.. And please keep shareing with us i just love anything paranormal and its always great when there is photos involved keep up the great work S&F
Peace sugarcookie1


Thanks for the comments ... it's always interesting to find-out what other people see in such pictures ... or don't see (whatever the case might be)


I have to admit I was disappointed that there wasn't any activity recoreded upstairs ... it was a great place but just far too big for one person to investigate ... and this was before I founded W.I.S.P.S ... so it was just lil'ol me.

Woody



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer
 


Hey Gordi,

I see the following;

#1 Horse's head

#2 Human face

#3 Nothing

#4 Humanoid figure

Thanks for adding them Gordi can you remind me were they were taken ?

Woody



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu
Great pictures you have there. They are very interesting, thanks for sharing these.


My pleasure ... pleased you found them interesting.


Woody



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
So i'm fairly good with photos, and unfortunately, as has been shown, it's usually TOO easy to dismiss "artefacts".

The girl on the moor literally jumped at me, the rest ... fairly inconclusive. The thing is this though: you only need 1 photo with an inexplicable "form" clearly shown to prove that "something"is out there, only 1.

Of course it's never enough for the critics, but for those who are curious, it warrants further investigation.

I do like your your "blank" photo idea, no flash etc, but i think digital cameras would be a problem, since they're auto-everything, and would probably not focus correctly etc, all adding to a lousy pic. An old 35mm point and snap is the way i would go, your Olympus is also great, if the focal length is set, with a 400 or even 800 ASA film, it's grainy, but very light sensitive. Perhaps a single candle could be illumination? It's good because it's a natural light (if red) but would be enough, imho. Tripod is also a MUST.

The other recording technique that's actually been a LOT more successful is audio recording. Often researchers discover that when recording an "empty" house, when back at the studio there are noises coming through, sometime manipulation is needed, slowing or speeding the audio, but i've heard all manner of oddity, from breathing, to spoken words, and other noises, which were not audible at the time of recording. Perhaps an addition to your equipment?

peace Woodwytch


Thanks for those tips and info harry ... as I said in the OP I'm a real technophobe ... anything I happent to achieve that involves cameras ... computers and the like are simply 'happy accidents'


Woody



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I felt the Spirit of the Moors as feminine and watching you! And I'm interested about the Girl on the Steps photo. did the photo validate whatever it was you picked up regarding the energies in the pub?



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller
 




Actually if you buy a nice digital camera, i.e. not a point and shoot, but a real digital SLR they are just as good as a wet film camera from the point of view of the settings. Some argue the wet film will give better pictures etc. but that is a topic for another thread. Me? I like the digital format better. I use exclusively Nikon digital SLR bodies, and if not Nikon lenses, I will still use other respected lens manufacturers. With this setup any of the manual type of things you do with a wet film camera can be done with digital. Some digital SLR cameras let you set up double exposures. But even the ones that do not can be double exposed by overlaying them in photo shop, so no big deal. Any way just a bit about cameras, not meant to derail this topic or get people started on the pros and cons of digital photography compared to wet film.
edit on 2-8-2011 by byeluvolk because: Typos

edit on 2-8-2011 by byeluvolk because: more typos



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk
 


It points at an important issue to address, actually - quantity or quality. I'd highlight the specific part of your post but the risk of violating some arbitrary and unknowable limit of "characters already typed" might throw someone into another hissy fit, so you'll have to guess.

Digital SLR cameras are fantastic but expensive. Is it better to have one good camera taking snaps, or a number of cheaper cameras taking multiple snaps?

The amount one person can invest in a DSLR might be better spread between a group each picking up something less expensive, simply because of the increased coverage and avoiding a significant financial burden on any one member?

ETA: And funnily enough, thar she blows!
edit on 2-8-2011 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
And I'm interested about the Girl on the Steps photo. did the photo validate whatever it was you picked up regarding the energies in the pub?


Hey there missvicky,

The two spirits that I mentioned picking up on were a man about 30yrs old wearing the kind of cloths that the likes of Guy Fawks used to wear. He was the one responsible for the back door opening and closing ... and the heavy footsteps heard by numerous staff and patrons, along the back corridor. Basically it used to feel like he was standing in the archway that lead from the bar to the back corridor ... just watching me when I was there.

The second was a young girl maybe in her late teens / early 20's who's energy felt really bubbly and she just loved being in this place. I can't say with my hand on my heart whether or not that energy presence was the same energy that may be present in the cellar steps photograph or not ... but it's possible.

The night I did the investigation was the first time I'd been down in the cellar ... but I usually used to sense the second spirit energy of the bubbly, young girl when I was up in the bar having a clean around before opening time ... so I don't know if the cellar was one of her 'haunts' too (pun intended)


Woody



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer
 


Hey Gordi,

I see the following;

#1 Horse's head

#2 Human face

#3 Nothing

#4 Humanoid figure

Thanks for adding them Gordi can you remind me were they were taken ?

Woody


Hi Woody,

Mine were taken in a cave on Isle of Arran, off west coast of Scotland.
(Actually - ALL of the ones I added here, are cropped parts of the same single photo!)
I didn't see anything unusual at the time, only later when looking at the uploaded photos on my computer.

regards,
G



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch
 

I use to like you and your posts.Use too.. But so sorry, those photos are showing absolutely nothing at all.. On the contrary, they make all your well constructed posts(guess u are an intelligent person) sounds silly. Well, i do believe in a life after death, but i don't believe in u.. No way, after those rubbish photos.. u let yout cause down... sorry, my first language is not english.. But i do know a hell of a lot from your part of the world




posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
...in the spirit of the moors photo - first thing i saw was a snake slitherin up that tree trunk... in your later pics, where you circled that area, the snake was still there but thats the only oddity i saw... didnt see anything in the other photos, even after you inverted colors, except for the last one... cool collection..



posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not close minded or a total skeptic but these photos are rubbish sorry, not that you shouldn't keep trying.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vschnz
reply to post by woodwytch
 

I use to like you and your posts.Use too.. But so sorry, those photos are showing absolutely nothing at all.. On the contrary, they make all your well constructed posts(guess u are an intelligent person) sounds silly. Well, i do believe in a life after death, but i don't believe in u.. No way, after those rubbish photos.. u let yout cause down... sorry, my first language is not english.. But i do know a hell of a lot from your part of the world



Oh dear I seem to have really upset you ... but if you're saying you used to 'like' me and 'like' my posts ... but now you don't ... just because of these pictures
well that's absolutely fine sweetie ... I'm sure I can survive without the fickalty of the definition of 'like' that you previously felt ... I have you say your reaction does seem a little OTT but each to there own ... have a great day


Erm !
just before you go (if you haven't already) ... I'm guessing because you say that English isn't your first language ... that you missed the point that I hadn't claimed these pictures were actually 'paranormal' ... I believe the keyword in the title of the thread is 'POSSIBLE' because ... and please pay particular attention to the next few words in capital letters 'NOTHING IN THE PARANORMAL FIELD CAN BE CLAIMED AS CERTAIN' (one way or the other) and I believe I said in the OP that they showed (to me at least) some interesting anomolies (because I am cluelesss about cameras) and was interested to hear what others thought about them.

Now I have to say that it always surprises me that people can get so aggressive and/or upset about a picture(s) without obviously reading the words that have been added by way of explanations.

If you don't like ... the simple answer is ... don't type.

Or at least you guys who seem to have taken these pictures to be the 'biggest offense' or the 'most terrible' things your eyes have ever seen ... so much so that according to vschnz they made you want to vomit ... I would have to suggest (for the sake of your sanity) that you step away from the computer and stick your heads outside for a little fresh air ... because love or hate the pictures ... some of the venomous reactions here by a handful of people are beyond ridiculous.


You can disagree ... even dislike ... without being rude or angry ... it's such a waste of energy people ... and trust me there are far more important things that you could focus that energy at other that a few photographs on the internet ... get some perspective in your lives for pity sake.

Now as I step off my soapbox please feel free to post any constructive critiques ... and if you are sure there is nothing paranormal in the pictures try to balance it with what you think could have caused the anomolies rather than just making pointless comments that add nothing to the subject whatsoever.

I genuinely wish to learn what the causes might be for such anomolies (and there have been a few good suggestions from people who actually know about the technological side of picture taking) so that I might understand future anomolies that might crop-up ... is that really too much to ask ?


Woody

edit on 3-8-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oroborus
I'm not close minded or a total skeptic but these photos are rubbish sorry, not that you shouldn't keep trying.


At least your comments ar more grounded so thanks for that ... and trust me it will take a heck of a lot more than a few negative comments to deter me from continuing with what I do


Woody



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join