It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Photographs Fom The W.I.S.P.S Gallery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Photographs that claim to show anything paranormal are very objective (in the eye of the beholder so to speak). And more often than not the photographs offered up for our viewing pleasure are destined to disappoint.

Over the years I have taken 1,000 of photographs at places (private and public) professing to be 'haunted' ... and nine times out of ten nothing of interest is captured ... but once in a while something exciting reveals itself. Now, being a born technophobe I am certainly no expert when it comes to photography and/or photograph analysis.

And I can assure you that the only manipulation carried out on the following examples from both my Private Paranormal Gallery and the W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) Gallery is some 'brightening' and 'colour invertion'.

I have not included any 'Orb' photographs in this collection because whilst I do believe some of the 'orbs' captured in pictures are paranormal in origin ... it is far to difficult to determine the real thing from waterdrops / insects / dust particles etc ... so we won't waste our time with them for the purpose of this thread.

Spirit On The Moors (2001) - Olympus 35mm

The following image was taken at our sacred place up on the Wheeldale Moors in North Yorkshire, on Friday 13th September 2001 ... which also happened to be a Lunar Eclipse ... a very powerful night from a Pagan perspective.

The photograph was taken because I thought I'd seen something flash amongst the bracken on the other side of the beck (stream) and I simply wanted to see if the camera picked anything up. These moors are very ancient and everytime I have been up there either alone or with a couple of my friends (who are also 'Solitary Witches') to celebrate the Sabbats and Esbats we have always felt an ancestoral energy ... we have even heard something that sounds like chanting on numerous occasions. But we always put it down to the wind and the water tumbling over rocks in the beck which always added to the atmosphere. And we never felt alone when we (3 women alone) were up on the wild moors at daft 'o' clock ... whatever the weather. But again we had put that down to the dramatic atmosphere of our surroundings and our Pagan Practice.

So imagine my surprise when I had the film developed (yes it was before I went digital) and saw what (to me) looks like a transparent figure (if you look closely you can see the tufts of grass through the figure) either crouched or sitting beside the beck looking into the water;

The Spirit Of The Moors - brightened copy

The Spirit Of The Moors - circled

The Spirit Of The Moors - inverted colour

Girl On the Cellar Steps, The Black Swan (2005) - Packard Bell DSC-220

My oldest son used to manage The Black Swan in the market town where we live ... it was built c1536.
I used to help my son out there occasionally and I picked-up on at least 2 resident spirits whilst I was there ... one of which had been experienced by several other staff and patrons too. I would have to say that one of the most common pieces of phenomena that both I and my son experienced when we had been in the pub on our own was the rear door opening and slamming shut ... followed by clear and heavy footsteps walking along the back corridor. On more than a few occasions that I'd heard this it had been so clear that I automatically assumed it was my son coming into the pub ... likewise when he's heard it he thought it was me.

But just before the owner decided to sell the place I had the opportunity to do a full investigation on my own (before W.I.S.P.S was created) throughout the entire building which is a veritable warren of corridors and passageways. I have to say I was a little disappointed that nothing really occured or was captured (maybe it was just too big for one person to investigate) ... apart from a single picture that was taken in the cellar of the pub.

The original picture was simply a black screen but when I brightened the image and instead of making it black and white I altered it to sepia tones it showed what I percieve as a young woman with blonde hair tied back in a ponytail ... wearing 40's - 50's style clothes (open cardigan with a white blouse under / wide belt / skirt below the knee) the girl (to me at least) appears to have her right arm against the wall to steady herself as she comes down the last few steps into the cellar. The only light source in the cellar itself was a single bare lightbulb just out of shot to the left of the picture.

Girl On The Cellar Steps - sepia copy

Girl On The Cellar Steps - circled

Girl On The Cellar Steps - inverted colour

The Red Eyes Case (2010) - Samsung D1070

As some of you will be aware The Red Eyes Case is the most infamous case to date that me and my W.I.S.P.S team have had to deal with. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about but would like to catch-up on the details ... they can be found in the two threads that I made about the case as it was unfolding;

Demon Identification Help Required
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Messenger - Dirken Ridge - Update Of The 'Demon Identification (Red Eyes) Case'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing was ever captured on camera during the first part of this investigation ... but when it started to emerge again (in a different guise) we captured a very interesting photograph on the upstairs landing of House #1 which seemed to be the center for most of the activity. Initially we took a photograph of the upstairs landing with the lights on (for perspective);

The Red Eyes Case (upstairs landing) - lights on

The rest of the photographs in this group were all taken with all the house lights off and not using the flash on the camera;

The Red Eyes Case (upstairs landing with Girl #1 by the bedroom door) - no lights / no camera flash

Not more than a couple of minutes later we took another shot of the upstairs landing under the same conditions ... the only difference in this one was Girl #1 was not standing in shot;

The Red Eyes Case (upstairs landing 'Red Eyes' & Light Anomoly) - no lights / no camera flash

The Red Eyes Case (upstairs landing 'Red Eyes' & Light Anomoly) - circled

The Red Eyes Case (upstairs landing 'Red Eyes' & Light Anomoly) - inverted colour

Eventually the case was brought to a close and after much help and input from the members of ATS on the threads linked above ... myself and the W.I.S.P.S girls decided to use a very powerful ... very ancient Binding & Banishing Ritual to finally be rid of the Red Eyes entity after more than a year of activity that had effected 2 families ... and to a lesser degree myself and the W.I.S.P.S girls.

During the ritual we had called on Pan (masculine) and Hecate (feminine) influences to assist and protect us during the ritual ... and because we are used to working together as Pagan we were able to invoke some very powerful energy ... and we really did feel empowered and protected against this very negative entity.

As is normal practice during both investigations and rituals Phenex (one of the team) was in charge of taking random photographs. We have discovered that it is wise to take at least two images in close succession (for comparrison purposes) and whenever possible a daylight shot (for perspective). So even though we may not physically see anything Phenex aims and shoots the camera randomly throughout and later we check to see if anything was captured.

The following morning ... after an extremely successful ritual I received a very excited phonecall from Phenex about one of the pictures she'd taken.

The Red Eyes Banishing - daylight shot

The Red Eyes Banishing - original unbrightened copy

The Red Eyes Banishing - brightened #1

The Red Eyes Banishing - brightened #2

The Red Eyes Banishing - inverted colour

Ok, these are my personal favourite captures ... and whilst I cannot say with 100% certainty that they hold paranormal content ... I'm sure you'll agree they are defintely interesting.

I'd love to hear your opinions and suggestions ... and do feel free to ask any questions that you might have about the pictures ... although I have to add that these are the only copies I have access to now but if anyone is clever enough and has the knowhow to analyse the pics please feel free to do so.

One rule on my threads keep it civil or keep it quiet.

Woody

edit on 1-8-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You have posted some very interesting photos, thank you for sharing.

I especially liked the photo of what looks like a hooded figure on the moor.

I cant really give any analysis, but I did enjoy viewing your photos.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I see nothing but badly lit/under exposed and generally poor photography.

Eye of the beholder indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by afraidofthedark
You have posted some very interesting photos, thank you for sharing.

I especially liked the photo of what looks like a hooded figure on the moor.

I cant really give any analysis, but I did enjoy viewing your photos.

Pleased you enjoyed viewing them.

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
I see nothing but badly lit/under exposed and generally poor photography.

Eye of the beholder indeed.

Brilliant ... I love your post ... it seems to be so accusatory ... as if you think I'm trying to mislead people in some way.

But in reality I have mentioned more than once in the OP that I am not claiming there is anything paranormal in any of the pictures just interesting anomolies ... so it would seem from your reply that 'eye of the beholder' also applies to words not just pictures ... because you have only read the parts you wanted to.

I'm just wondering if you actually read the thread or just skimmed through the pictures and jumped to conclusion of what you thought it was about (naughty naughty)

Relax moonrunner ... there's no need to be so vehement in your response ... I come in peace

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is a good example why paranormal investigators are so often ridiculed.

We have a bunch of poor quality photos that can be easily explained and one obvious fake (the one with the figure in the doorway).

Lame.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Normal photographic anomalies in my opinion. The motion blur on these pictures is so intense for whatever reason that it basically negates anything that could possibly be considered paranormal. With the exception of the very first picture (which does show a rather interesting mist form) I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decision
This is a good example why paranormal investigators are so often ridiculed.

We have a bunch of poor quality photos that can be easily explained and one obvious fake (the one with the figure in the doorway).

Lame.

Do you close-minded skeptics ever actually read anything that's written ?

In your case you clearly have not read the thread properly otherwise you would be well aware that the image you have lazily labelled a 'hoax' ... clearly explains that it is the girl who lives in the house standing in the doorway of that picture ... not once did I ever claim there was anything paranormal in that picture in particular ... because well ... let me see ... there isn't anything other than the girl who lives there and the last time I spoke to her she was alive and kicking ... I'm guessing on your school reports there were a lot of comments like 'must try harder' or 'must pay attention in class'

Come on ... if you can't be bothered to read ... just don't bother to reply ... you waste my time and make yourself look silly

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Normal photographic anomalies in my opinion. The motion blur on these pictures is so intense for whatever reason that it basically negates anything that could possibly be considered paranormal. With the exception of the very first picture (which does show a rather interesting mist form) I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank-you so much for an intelligent piece of constructive critisism.
I was beginning to lose the will to live

Could you maybe offer an opinion on the picture with the light anomoly by any chance ... I was a loss to find a logoical explanation for that picture when we'd been careful not to have any light present ?

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nice pictures,i can see what your pointing at in the pictures but i'm unsure what to say about whats in them,could be paranormal could be just nothing.
Thanks for taking the time to make the post it's interesting to see what others see when they take photo's of things,i always believe spirits will only show up in photo's when they are not expected to not when you go looking for them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Just an effect of the camera again in my opinion. My camera has that setting where whatever light is present will leave trails and patterns due to the lens being held open. Those pictures appear to be that same effect to me. The "eyes" above are simply smaller examples of that effect. There was obviously some sort of light source present during that picture for that to take place.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i'm with nyk537on other piccies but think different on the moor ones, it might be methane.

i don't believe in ghosts etc. but great effort though, at least effotr with real good intentions, alone that's worth of kudos.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
Nice pictures,i can see what your pointing at in the pictures but i'm unsure what to say about whats in them,could be paranormal could be just nothing.
Thanks for taking the time to make the post it's interesting to see what others see when they take photo's of things,i always believe spirits will only show up in photo's when they are not expected to not when you go looking for them.

I agree it's always good to see what other's think ... pleased you found it interesting and as I said in the OP I really don't know whether they're paranormal amomolies or not ... but I'm inclined to agree with you about things showing up when you're not looking for them ... that's one of the reasons why we tend to take random shots.

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've already gone through many of the pages on your site, I find it interesting and refreshing that you aim to document your investigations as thoroughly as possible.

While the first photo (on the moor) is intriguing, I must admit to seeing nothing else that would really cause me to pause. I can now see a "girl on the cellar step", but only because I look at it with that idea already in mind. When I first looked at the picture I saw nothing and if I try to look at it objectively I still see nothing. Bear in mind that I do not know what it should look like when properly lit so I would not know what is out of place.

The problem with looking for that "one in a million photo" is that you'll need to take a million photos to find it. Keep it up, and please keep sharing!
edit on 1-8-2011 by EvillerBob because: Spelling, and possible better choice of words

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by woodwytch

Just an effect of the camera again in my opinion. My camera has that setting where whatever light is present will leave trails and patterns due to the lens being held open. Those pictures appear to be that same effect to me. The "eyes" above are simply smaller examples of that effect. There was obviously some sort of light source present during that picture for that to take place.

Thanks for the extra feedback ... I really appreciate your time ... as I said in the OP I know 'jack' about anything involved with technology ... it would be great to get some constructive comments from other people with a little photographic experience ... I am genuinely interested to know what can cause such anomolies other than the throw-aways that write everything off as dirt on the lens etc ... or worse still the folks who get all high-rate and have nothing really to say but insist on saying it too loudly

I just want to learn from those who might have actual answers not those who dismiss everything they don't personally agree with ... so again thanks for taking time to respond.

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
i'm with nyk537on other piccies but think different on the moor ones, it might be methane.

i don't believe in ghosts etc. but great effort though, at least effotr with real good intentions, alone that's worth of kudos.

Thanks I appreciate that

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob
I've already gone through many of the pages on your site, I find it interesting and refreshing that you aim to document your investigations as thoroughly as possible.

While the first photo (on the moor) is intriguing, I must admit to seeing nothing else that would really cause me to pause. I can now see a "girl on the cellar step", but only because I look at it with that idea already in mind. When I first looked at the picture I saw nothing and if I try to look at it objectively I still see nothing. Bear in mind that I do not know what it should look like when properly lit so I would not know what is out of place.

The problem with looking for that "one in a million photo" is that you'll need to take a million photos to find it. Keep it up, and please keep sharing!
edit on 1-8-2011 by EvillerBob because: Spelling, and possible better choice of words

Its funny but most people pick-out the Moors photograph ... I'd like to thank you for an honest critique and don't worry I'll continue to share

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I work from the perspective that while I'd love to see something, that doesn't mean I have to see something; if I can't trust myself to be honest with me, who can I trust?

"EvilBob's Law of Photographic Evidence" states that "if you need to squint, tilt your head or take any other step, then you're seeing what you want instead of seeing what's there."

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob
I work from the perspective that while I'd love to see something, that doesn't mean I have to see something; if I can't trust myself to be honest with me, who can I trust?

"EvilBob's Law of Photographic Evidence" states that "if you need to squint, tilt your head or take any other step, then you're seeing what you want instead of seeing what's there."

That's a good law to live by

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thank you for all the interesting photos.. This is a well done thread and i can see you put allot of time into putting it together..The photograph The Spirit Of The Moors is most interesting i do see a transparent figure sitting beside the beck gazeing into the water..The photo Girl On The Cellar Steps im seeing a faint outline of something im not sure its anything paranormal its to bad nothing occurred or was captured along corridors and passageways what a wonderful place to investigate..The Red Eyes Case i do see the eyes and think it does hold some paranormal content and yes its a very interesting photo..Im not trying to analysis the photos im just telling you what i see.. And please keep shareing with us i just love anything paranormal and its always great when there is photos involved keep up the great work S&F
Peace sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join